The Autocrat

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Some of you haven't yet read chapter 10, make sure to read that before this. Get your coffes and cakes before settling to read this  peeps xD And oh, thank you for 200+ subs! 

 

12. The Autocrat

 

Hyun Joong didn't watch the screen, he wasn't intending to anyways, because he was busy sniffing her hair and breathing in the sweet strawberry smell emitting from it. Somin smelt just like when he had seen her last and he couldn't deny how much he preferred her aroma. It was almost as if he was getting intoxicated. But he isn't bothered right now, it's acceptable to be that kind of drunk once in a while. 

 

He slowly immersed his head and shoved locks of hair behind her ear, so that he could see her face clearly. After that, he inched closer to her face and started tracing her features with his sharp nose. Somin felt cold raindrops leaving his nose and falling onto her cheeks, and that's when she realized what he was doing.

 

*Freeze*

 

She was transfixed with his move, but couldn't turn around, because if she did, her lips would end up in unsuitable places. She couldn't turn away, too afraid he'll feel offended, or worse, insulted. That only left her with one solution: Look forwards and act as if nothing strange is happening, even though her heart is racing with the speed of lights and her palms are producing a sea of sweat. He brushed his nose on her cheek, back and forth, as if it was his thumb and smirked on how hard she was trying to relax her shoulders and stop the shivering in her legs. Her breaths were coming out in shallow rasps, but not even the fact that she could start hyperventilating anytime soon made his nose stop from travelling down her face. So chaste, he thought. So innocent. Yet so desirable. 

 

Somin's stomach dropped when his nose snuggled into the crook of her neck, and she was suddenly reminded on what he he had done to her the night she took him in because of his injury. She remembered how he had tilted his head and kissed the exact same spot that he was now nuzzling. The beat of her heart filled her eardrums and she felt her face burning. Oh God, I think I am going to die of heart attack, she thought to herself and pressed her palms onto her thighs- to stop them from vibrating. It didn't help though, only worsened their condition. 

 

His cold breath forced her eyes close and she started worrying about him instead. Why was he so cold? Oh yes, his poor dressing sense. Such a baby, she thought. Dresses in leather and thin fabric everywhere he goes. She could even feel the coldness radiating from his hands that were slowly and securely moving on her waist over the white tunic, but the frostiness wasn’t what was bothering her, it was his behaviour. First he walks in like a madman, then he speaks so coldly and after that, ends up wanting to cuddle? He must have serious problems.

 

Kyu Jong is smiling the whole time and knows exactly why his friend is behaving like that; Hyun Joong is extremely jealous, plus he missed Somin and by cradling her now, he is openly yelling “She is mine” in Hyung Jun’s shame filled face. Kyu Jong wasn’t intending on creating more problems between the two cousins, but he had to take actions in order to get the couple closer. He likes the scene, the position they are in, and most of all; how Somin’s hair is covering Hyun Joong’s face. From afar, it looked like he was sleeping in the curve of her collar, but Kyu Jong know’s better; his friend doesn’t fall asleep that easily. Or so he thinks.

 

“Hyun Joong?” Somin whispered, she was trying to find out what he was doing, actually intending on doing. She thought he’ll lift his head and loosen his hold, but he did the opposite and she held her breath.

 

“Mmm?” He mumbled in her smooth skin, he was too busy examining her.

 

“Aren’t you watching the movie?”

 

“I am” Hyun Joong replied nonchalantly, to which Somin had to roll her eyes. One could clearly see he was not interested in the film at all! What the hell is wrong with him?!

 

“You should borrow my glasses, since you don’t have any.” Somin pushed further, if he continued closing up on her, she didn’t know what would happen to her weak heart. It couldn’t take the swelling anymore.

 

“Just watch it.” He responded, and when she was about to open in protest, he pressed his moistened lips to the curve his nose was currently residing in, as an indication that if she didn’t shut up, he would go further. And with that being said, so far she’d dislike it.

 

“O- okay” Somin’s inside was trembling and something in her body felt like erupting like a volcano. Blood was scurrying in her veins, she was afraid they’d burst because of the volume.

 

She sat frozen for a good five minutes, but then her muscles started to ache and she shifted uncomfortably and cautiously in her seat and later realized he wasn’t moving at all. His head was heavily laying close to the side of her jaw, and she heard his deep and stable breath brushing her flesh there. His chest was rising and falling with each intake of oxygen and only when she closed up on his tired-looking, yet peaceful face, did she catch the clue.

 

He was sleeping!

 

 

So tranquilly!

 

 

In the cinema!

 

 

She can’t understand how people sleep in movie theatres. It’s so noisy and bright and uncomfortable. He must have been very tired then. He sure is studying hard at home, she started reflecting and simultaneously moved his head to lay on her shoulder in a more comfortable way. She then moved her arm to support his frame from behind and ran her fingers through his wet hair, trying to get rid of the waterdrops.

 

* * * * *

 

The girlfriend let her boyfriend sleep until the movie ended and when the rest of the people stood up and walked out, she decided it was time to wake him too.

 

“Hyun Joong?” She asked softly and brushed her fingers over his cheekbones- something she would never dare do to if he was awake.

 

He didn’t reply, he was in a deep slumber, that must be the effect of not sleeping properly for days.

 

“Hyun Joong, wake up.” She tried a little louder now, but to no dismay: he wasn’t being bothered by it.

 

“You have to try better than that Somin, Hyung is a heavy sleeper.” Kyu Jong who had just walked over chuckled of his hyung sleeping so sweetly in Somin’s arms and Somin’s weak method of waking him up. “We’ll see you guys at the front, Mira here has to rush,”

 

“Sweet!” Mira grinned at the sight before walking off. She would have pulled out her phone and clicked a picture, but she had to rush to the bathroom in order to keep her dignity, which was now threatened by her full bladder. She knew that even the waste of one little second would make her do the job in her pretty dress and that’s why she sprinted off.

 

“Junie, help me!” Somin tugged at Hyung Jun's sleeve when he was about to walk past them soundlessly.

 

“Sorry Bambi, I need to use the bathroom!” He lied, he doesn’t want to face his cousin just yet. He needs time to recover.

 

“Ugh...alright, see you at the front.”

 

“Hyun Joong get up!” She nudged his arm and puffed her cheeks when he didn’t move. What is she supposed to do? She hadn’t dealt with heavy sleepers before, because everybody she associates with are easy to wake up!

 

“Hyun Joong!” This time, she shakes his shoulders.

 

 

Oppa, he is not waking up!

 

 

Hu-hu what do I do?

 

 

She aims on lifting his head away from her shoulder, but then something unexpected happens; He takes hold of her wrist in a tight grip and gets to his feet before hovering over her little frame. Ready to attack.

 

 

Blink

 

 

Blink

 

 

“Oh,” He mumbles hoarsely, his usual morning voice now coming to display “It’s you.”

 

“Y-yeah,” Somin murmurs softly, for one second there she really was convinced he was going to attack her! “The movie is over, we need to go.”

 

“Oh” Hyun Joong repeats again, he thought he was sleeping in his home and some burglar or assassin had broken in to take him down. It is a good thing he left his gun in the car, or else he might just have pulled the trigger at her by accident. “Let’s go.”

* * * * *

 

Mira greets them sweetly at the entrance and clings to Somin’s arm afterwards “Theo James is so hot!”

 

“I know!” Both giggle, while the guys roll their eyes. Who is Theo James anyways? Girls…..

 

 

It’s still raining outside and on top of that, it has gotten even darker, of course as expected, and the three smarter ones pull out their umbrellas while the two remaining  aren’t at all bothered by the weather outside, but rather by the cold war taking place between them.

 

The United States vs The Sovjet Union.

 

 

USSR is avoiding eye contact and trying to hide his flushed face.

 

 

USA’s eyes has darkened dramatically and his jaw is clenched just like before. Long gone is his peaceful state. Long gone is his patience.

 

 

USA is about to drop a bomb over the USSR when the first drop of rain hits him.

 

 

But

 

 

Somin Jung, like the peace keeping fairy she is, distracts him.

 

“Hey!” She tugs at Hyun Joong’s hand and pulls him back weakly. “You’ll get sick.” She shoves her umbrella over his head, exactly what she had done to Hyung Jun earlier, and it somehow triggers something inside of him.

 

 

The worry in her eyes.

 

 

The sincerity in her voice.

 

 

It feels so damn right.

 

 

But it’s confusing.

 

 

Why is she so good?

 

 

Why so angelic?

 

 

He looks at her lovingly. She’s one of few who are concerned about him. His own blood hadn't cared for him. But there she is, an almost stranger, whom he had only known for a few weeks, worrying about any and everything. Who has taught her to stress over others like this? She is holy. She is not one of the monsters, but sadly, he is.

 

Her hand slips into his, like the one sided faithful and the other sided neglectful couple they are, and they smile to each other sweetly, warm affection floating in their eyes.

 

Somin is faithful; not only in their relationship, but also in every bond she has with another. And that’s why she doesn’t forget the friend who has been entertaining her the whole day. “Junie, come here you too.”  She calls out softly and reaches for his sleeve, to pull him under her shield and he too can’t help but smile and be thankful for the love she was showering them with. She was no toy to Hyung Jun, he had simply grown fond of her in the span of five hours. That’s how great she was. That’s the beautiful character she was bearing.    

 

“Junie?” Hyun Joong scoffs irritably; his sour mode is on again. He wants to rip of his cousin’s throat for one, cuddling with HIS girlfriend and two, still daring to show his face to him.

 

“Yeah,” Somin titters lightly and interlaces their fingers “That’s his new nickname.”

 

“It is?” He ask sarcastically and whips his head to look at fear stricken Hyung Jun who was barely moving. His Adam apple bobbled up and down several times before he was able to reply. “Y- Yeah Hyung.”

 

“How wonderful” It’s a sharp, bitter and cutting remark made with a tone that insinuates an underlying darkness, which only Hyung Jun understands. He is suddenly regretting the nickname idea, because not only was it pulling down his hyung, but he himself was also falling with it. He's sure he will receive several punches because of that one....

 

Once they entered the parking lot, Hyun Joong suggested (more like commanded) his cousin to go with Kyu Jong, so he could bring Somin to the dorms, even though she had insisted on going in Mira's car. Somin didn't want to be alone with him, she didn't know whether she could hold in her complains from earlier any longer, but he would ofcourse not understand that. She was left with no choice but to say her goodbyes and seeyousoons to the three before slipping in through the door Hyun Joong was holding open for her. 

 

Instead of starting to drive instantly, Hyun Joong ends up staring at her. She waits and waits, tries to avoid eye-contact, fidgets with her phone and finally looks up when he calls her name.

 

“Yes?”

 

He scoffs at her tiredly “Seatbelt.”

 

“Huh?” What about the seatbelt? What is he trying to say?

 

He moves towards her as the inpatient creature he is, and that’s when she understands what he was trying to say. “Wait!” She places her palms flat on his chest and pushes him away. “I’ll put it on.”

 

An amused smile is tugging on his lips while watching how desperately and clumsily she puts on her seatbelt, and then he drives off with a smirk still playing on his face.

 

Somin clears several times and shift uncomfortably in her seat. She was curious on where her boyfriend had been for the past days and what had kept him so busy he couldn't even use his cellphone. The curiosity is creating uneasiness in the pit of her stomach, and she has completely forgotten his part time job as a mobster. Something inside of her kept telling her that he is no criminal, but rather a member of those illegal clubs that fight for justice and rebel by taking down bad people. Hyun Joong had after all told her he'd never killed an innocent person, but Somin doesn't know his definition of "innocent", which is far more different than hers. Neither does she know that he is not someone who stands for justice, equality, or peace, but rather one who wants power, control and an elitist society.

 

“I was worried about you.” She blurts out her thoughts, since she couldn't bear the feeling of being unwell any longer.

 

“Why?” Her tone had been so heartfelt, whereas his was cold as ice. It’s not that he is intending on hurting her feelings, but that’s just how he is: crispy and sharp. One can’t really blame him, his personality can’t be helped. He is just like that: selfish, the complete opposite of her who is selfless. He is man who can’t think of consequences of his talks, he has never needed to evaluate before, and that’s why he didn’t have the ability to do it in a situation like this, when evaluation was beneficial.  

 

“I didn’t know whether you were okay or not, since you didn’t reply to any of my text messages or calls.”

 

“You don’t need to worry about me.”

 

That line shot like a bullet in her chest and she suddenly felt angry, so angry that she could have slapped him hard across the cheek if he had another character and lifestyle. Slapping a mobster, boyfriend or not, is the last thing you will want to do. “Well, that’s what people in relationships are supposed to do, in case you didn’t know already!” She is annoyed beyond words and her voice and tone are a perfect indication to that.

 

Even dumb him notices the change of behaviour. He glances over at her and dislikes how she is gritting her teeth, as if she has authority over him and he has broken her rules. “It’s not like we’re married.”

 

A look of disbelief crosses her face and she turns in her seat to face him fully now, ready to criticise him. “Excuse me?” She snorts before continuing, “People don’t only worry for their spouses, people worry about family, they worry about friends, boyfriends, hell even their teachers! And here you are telling me that we shouldn’t care about each other, because we are not married?”

 

Her ranting is giving him a headache and he feels the rage raising in his body. His grip on the steering wheel is tightening dangerously and it doesn’t stop until his knuckles turn white and give off a crack.

 

“Now you are plainly overreacting” His tone is warning, admonishing her, but she doesn’t stop there. Hell now she will talk until they reach Campus!

 

“I am not overreacting, it’s you who are underestimating my anger!”

 

“Oh now you are angry?” He laughs sarcastically and increases the speed, she needs to get away from him as soon as possible or he might just end up scaring the wits out of her.

 

“Yes I am! And If I were you I wouldn’t want to laugh like that!” And now she is snarling at him!

 

“Are you threatening me?”

 

Somin knows she should back off, because he is not in the fun-mood anymore. His last sentence is like a death threat, but she is stupid enough to still lift her chin in the air and continue her babbling. She is unbelievable, one time she’ll be the calm lamb and other times it’s like a bomb has exploded in her body that suddenly transforms her into a lion.

 

“Why? Do you feel threatened?” It sounds like an open challenge, especially with that half smirk and half-sneer on her flustered face. She has learned his antics already: Now she can successfully threaten, make sarcastic remarks and get the other person to feel unwell, just like him. If he thinks she would shut wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter