Chapter 22

Memories of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“E-E…Y-Y…” they heard someone say. The two quickly turned their heads and saw Yuri collapsed on the floor with tears falling.

“Y-Yuri,” Yesung called while Eunhyuk’s eyes were wide open with tears.

“E-Eunhyuk…Is this all true?” Yuri cried. “It can’t be,” she wept.

“Yuri…” Yesung walked to her.

“Tell me!!! Is this true or not?!” Yuri shouted.

“Yuri, you have to listen!” Yesung told her.

“Answer me, Kim Jongwoon!! Answer me!!” Yuri screamed while slapping his chest.

“Answer what?!” Yesung shouted.

“Is it true that Junho didn’t save her?! Is it true that Eunhyuk’s legs are gone?! Is it true you never cheated on me!!?” Yuri cried.

“Yuri…” Yesung said.

“Answer me!!” Yuri yelled and walked to Eunhyuk.

“I…” Eunhyuk said.

“You been lying this whole time?!” Yuri screamed. “Wae?! Do you not care how Hyoyeon feel?! Do you only care about how you think?!”

“I care about everything!!! I don’t want her to get hurt!!! Because I don’t want her to get hurt, I let her leave me!!!” Eunhyuk cried.

“Then what does that make you?! How does that help anyone?!” Yuri shouted.

“I won’t have to bother her!!!” Eunhyuk yelled.

“Bwoh?!” Yuri wept.

“Can’t you see?! I’m useless!! My legs are broken!!! Do you want to test me?!” Eunhyuk shouted.

“E-Eunhyuk,” Yesung cried.

“I can’t walk, I can’t move, I can’t dance.” Eunhyuk said.

“So what?” Yuri asked.

“That means I can’t take care of Hyoyeon. She will have to take care of me…You heard it all,” Eunhyuk replied.

“How did this happen?” Yuri cried on her knees.

“The fire…” Eunhyuk whispered.

“Y-You were there?” Yuri asked.

“I saved her…I was the one that gave up my life for her…If they didn’t find me I could have,” Eunhyuk looked up in the sky. “Been with my parents,”

“B-Bwoh?” Yuri asked.

“Yuri…My parents died,” Eunhyuk said with more tears spilling.

“W-Wae? W-When?” Yuri asked.

“The night Hyoyeon called me…” Eunhyuk closed his eyes tightly. “I-I can’t! I’m blaming Hyoyeon! I can’t!” Eunhyuk hit his head.

“Stop it!!” Yuri cried and held his hands. “Yesung-ah,” Yuri cried.

“Yuri,” Yesung said.

“Yesung…I’m sorry,” Yuri hugged him.

“I-,” Yesung started.

“It’s my fault, not Eunhyuk’s fault…My fault,” Yuri cried harder.

“Yuri, it’s my fault,” Eunhyuk whispered.

“Stop blaming yourself!!” Yuri screamed. “It’s my fault!!! If I didn’t suspect Yesung you wouldn’t have blame yourself!! I wouldn’t have got in an argument with Hyoyeon,” Yuri cried.

“H-Hyoyeon?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I….I have to tell her,” Yuri wiped her tears.

“Yuri, you-,” Yesung started.

“I have to…She has to know Eunhyuk’s reasons,” Yuri was about to run off.

“You can’t!!” Eunhyuk shouted and Yuri turned around.

“B-Bwoh?” Yuri asked.

“You can’t ever tell her.” Eunhyuk told Yuri.

“Why not?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t want you to,” Eunhyuk replied.

“Don’t you love her?” Yuri asked.

“I love her…With all my heart,” Eunhyuk whispered. “But I’m begging you, please don’t tell her,”

“Why not?” Yuri asked.

“Because I don’t want to bother her!” Eunhyuk shouted. “She already moved on. She already loves someone else. I…I already threw her away,” Eunhyuk whispered.

“Why?” Yuri cried.

“What difference does it make if we she knows my reasons? She would eventually leave me because I can’t do anything.” Eunhyuk said.

“But if we tell Hyoyeon she can try,” Yuri told him.

“I don’t want her to,” Eunhyuk whispered. “I don’t want to try. This is already my future. Alone, blaming myself for everything, I can’t do anything, and I’m going to be useless forever,” Eunhyuk said.

“Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon won’t think that,” Yuri started.

“But I will!!!” Eunhyuk shouted. “Lee Hyukjae will!!! I will end up blaming her for my parents’ death and everything will go wrong!!” Eunhyuk yelled. “I won’t let you tell her!! I’m begging you, please don’t tell her,”

“And if I do?” Yuri asked.

“I’ll…I’ll be with my parents,” Eunhyuk whispered and left.

“Y-Ye…” Yuri covered .

“Please,” Yesung begged Yuri. “Please don’t tell,” he whispered while Yuri cried into his shoulder.

 

~Midnight

“Yuri…Where are you?” Hyoyeon asked while walking back and forth in the living room. She heard footsteps in front of the door.

“Yuri…” she heard someone said and she ran to the front door. She opened it a little and saw Yuri and Yesung together.

“I-I…” Yuri said and Yesung hugged her.

“It’s going to be okay,” Yesung said.

“I’m sorry,” Yuri cried harder.

“It’s not your fault…It’s mine…I should have,” Yesung swallowed.

“P-Please be honest next time,” Yuri whispered.

“I will… I promise, now go to sleep. I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” Yesung kissed her forehead. Hyoyeon quickly closed the door and ran to her room.

“They’re together again,” Hyoyeon smiled a little and lied down in her bed. Her eyes began to close until she heard a knock on the door.

“Y-Yeah?” Hyoyeon replied but no one answered. “Yuri?” she called. “You can come in,” she said again but no one whispered. She got up and walked to the door. When she opened it Yuri hugged her.

“Y-Yuri,” Hyoyeon said. She heard Yuri into her shoulder. “Yuri, what’s wrong?” Hyoyeon asked but Yuri cried more and more. “I saw you and Yesu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter