Valentines Day

Withered Flowers

💮 Flashback 💮

I am a 7 years old boy, I was told by Kyungsoo to meet him in the park on Valentines Day at 6 PM. I had just finished wrapping my present for my just met neighbor who greeted me when I moved into the neighborhood 1 month ago. 

I held up my gift and smiled. I wore my boots and grabbed my coat and rushed to the park. He was sitting down with a gift wrapped beside him. 

"Kyungsoo I'm here! Sorry I'm late..." I said and apoligized. He smiled at me. The prettiest thing about Kyungsoo is his lovely smile. I always smile back when he smiles.

"Its okay Jongin, it's Valentines Day! Let's sit here and talk" Kyungsoo said and held his gift. He patted the space next to him, signaling me to sit. 

"I know we've been friends for only 1 month...but I brought you a gift! Its a plane!  Sorry I couldn't afford much..." I said and sighed.

"Its okay,  but isn't Valentines Day supposed to be girl-to-boy or..." Kyungsoo said.

"They're just folks" I said. 

"Oh...because I brought you this!" He said and gave me a wrapped box. I quickly unwrapped it and opened the box. I frowned. 

"A remote control? What would i do with this?" I said disappointedly. Kyungsoo laughed. 

"If you look behind the bench" he said and got up so he could be behind the bench, "the owner is here!" He smiled. I quickly turned around and saw a huge play car that I could drive! 

"Woah! Thank you so much hyung! Woah! I really wanna be as wealthy as you! " I said happily.

"Jongin..."

I looked up at him.

"I'm moving..." Kyungsoo said.

"To where?! You can't leave me! How could you?!" I said as tears filled my eyes. 

"I decided to bring you here because I thought if I told you it will be better, the other reason is they are packing now...this gift is a memory of me...I have to go now" Kyungsoo said and turned around to walk away. 

"At least tell me where?!" I shouted.  He ignored me and started to run away. I clenched the wrapper.

 

Kyungsoo now remains as a memory of my past.