Chapter 7~

You Belong With Me

Wedding Day~

As you promised when you were 6-years-old, you were Minhee's maid of honor. And Baekhyun, of course, was the best man. Since you stood by Minhee's side, you were able to look at Chanyeol's face throughout the entire ceremony. He looked good in his tux and blue tie, and the way he looked at Minhee made you wish that you were her.

When the priest said "Speak Now" you almost had the urge to speak up, but you decided not to after thinking about the chaos it would cause. When they kissed, you pretended to fix your dress and looked down. After reception ended, it was time for the father-daughter dance.

You smiled as you watched Minhee and your uncle glide through the dance floor. She's such a graceful dancer. Chanyeol suddenly came up to you and offered his hand. 

"Care to dance?"

"Is this even allowed at a wedding?" You asked. How can  the groom dance with someone else besides his newly wedded bride?

"Yeah! There's no rules against dancing with you best friend on this special day~! Besides, I already asked Minhee and she's cool with it." Chanyeol said while smiling. 

You turned to Baekhyun who sat next to you and he nodded. You hesitantly took Chanyeol's hand and he let you to the dance floor. He placed his hand on your waist and you placed yours on his shoulder. 

Since you've never slow-danced before, you kept on messing up and stepping on his feet. 

"Oops! Sorry! Ah! Sorry again...Ugh I at dancing!" You said.

Chanyeol laughed. "It's okay~Just look at me and listen to the music." 

You did as you were told and looked into Chanyeol's eyes and followed his steps. Once you got the hang of it, the both of you started talking about your past memories together. 

"Haha remember that time when I thought I caught a fish, but the hook was actually stuck to  the anchor of the boat?" Chanyeol said.

 You laughed at the memory and smiled. "Haha yeah~You had everyone fooled!" 

Chanyeol looked at you and smiled widely. "It's good to hear you laugh again, y/n. It feels like I haven't heard it in a long time." 

You looked away. "Haha, yeah..." Oh...he noticed? Ever since Chanyeol and Minhee got together, you haven't been the same. You didn't laugh as much as you used to, and most of your smiles were forced. 

Baekhyun then tapped Chanyeol on the shoulder. " "She's all yours~" Chanyeol gave you one last smile before handing you to Baekhyun. 

As Baekhyun brought you close, you watched longingly as Chanyeol brought Minhee into his arms. You placed your head on Baekhyun's shoulder so he wouldn't see the one tear you allowed to fall.