Chapter 3~

You Belong With Me

This was the perfect moment, the perfect place, and the sincere confession that you were waiting for your entire life. Except...it was the wrong guy. Although Baekhyun was charming, handsome, and kind, your heart didn't waver at his confession. How crazy was this? The one you love likes your cousin, and the one your cousin loves likes you. 

"Will you be my girlfriend y/n?"  

You looked at Baekhyun's hopeful eyes, the same eyes you had just ten minutes ago when you hoped for a confession from Chanyeol. If I say no, then he'll feel the same way I feel now...But if I say yes, Minhee would be crushed..and I would just be leading Baekhyun on. 

"Um...Can I think about it? I can't give you an answer right now." You said.

Baekhyun released your hands and nodded. "Sure...take all the time you need." He gave you a pat on the back and got up. "Just call me when you're ready, okay?"

After he left, you took out your phone. '1 unread message from Baekhyun'. You decided to open it later and dialed Minhee's number. 

"...Hello?"

"Hey Minhee? We need to talk, meet me at our secret hideout in five minutes." You said quickly. 

Before Minhee could ask any questions, you hung up and headed to the bus station. 


At the You Are Here cafe, you spotted Minhee sitting at a table. You sat down and Minhee opened about to say something. 

You held out your hand. "Don't say anything, you need to listen to what I have to say...It's important." 

Minhee nodded and folded her hands, ready to listen. 

"Chanyeol told me that he...that he...likes you." As you sputtered the last two words, you felt your eyes starting to water again.

Minhee looked at you seriously and was about to say something, but you stopped her again.

"I'm not done yet..."

Minhee closed and looked at you curiously. 

"And Baekhyun...he confessed to me."

Minhee stared at you blankly and sighed. 

"Y/N, stop messing with me. I know that you're hurt right now, but it doesn't mean that you should lie and try to hurt me." Minhee said. 

You looked straight at her with teary eyes and said "I'm not lying. You know that I'm not that kind of person...I would never do something like that to you. I'm sorry Minhee..." You placed your hand over hers and gave it a squeeze. 

"No. No, this can't be true..." Minhee said in disbelief. 

Tears started to stream down on both your faces. 

"I wish it wasn't Minhee. I wish it wasn't..."

You put your arms around your cousin, gave her a hug, and patted her back. "Just let it all out, it gets better after a couple of minutes."

Suddenly a waiter came by to take your order. "Hello, how may I help-" He stopped when he saw you two crying in each other's arms. "Umm maybe I should come back later..."

He started to quietly back out when Minhee abruptly stood up. 

"Wait...I would like one mango milkshake and a strawberry milkshake for her please."

The waiter nodded and quickly went back into the kitchen. You swore you heard him mumble "This job is not my style~."

You turned to Minhee and gave her a questionable look. "Minhee!?"

"What?? Today is very hot, and I'm thirsty~! Hey, that waiter was kind of cute...don't you think?"

How could she feel better that fast?? Oh yeah, I forgot. She LOVES food.

Minhee took a seat and returned to her serious mode. "I should be the one comforting you, y/n. I know how much you care for Chanyeol, and it must have been hard to deal with *cough cough*'s confession right after. I'm heartbroken about Baekhyun, but I figured that he didn't have feelings for me from the start anyway. I know that you must be in more pain since you've known and liked Chanyeol for a long period of time."

The waiter returned with your drinks and placed the cups onto the table. 

Minhee smiled at him and looked at his name tag. "Thank you, um Kris."

Kris smiled back and said "No problem ladies~, and don't cry anymore...just remember that time boils the rain." He winked at you and walked away.

What the heck is that supposed to mean??