Chapter 2~

You Belong With Me

"What?...Minhee?" You said. 

"Yes. I mean like...she's great at singing, dancing, she's beautiful, smart, and is musically talented...She's my ideal type." Chanyeol said dreamily.

Everything that I'm not or can do...You blinked a few times to fight the tears that started to form. "Yeah, she's amazing..."

"That's why I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to check if it was okay with you before I confess to her. I understand if you feel weird for your best friend to date your cousin..."

No. It's not okay, because I am in love with you. You forced a smile. "Yes, of course I'm okay with it."

"Jinja?! Really? Oh, thanks y/n! You're the best!!" Chanyeol smiled and gave you a big hug.

Not wanting to let him see you cry, you sent him away. "Haha, ok. Now go and plan on how you're going to confess at home."

Chanyeol nodded and ran off. "Bye y/n~!" 

From a distance, you heard him shout with joy. "Park Chanyeol, you pabo..." You said to yourself. *sniff* After making sure that Chanyeol was out of sight, you allowed your tears to fall and broke down crying. 

A good three minutes later, you got a text. Thinking that it was Minhee, you decided to ignore it. You wiped your face with your sleeves and decided to cheer yourself up by going to a beach nearby.


At the beach you sat down and looked out at the ocean. You closed your eyes, felt the breeze, and listened to the waves crash. Then you suddenly felt a tap on your shoulder. 

"Y/N?"

You opened your eyes and saw...Baekhyun.

"There you are! Why are you here alone? Why didn't you answer my text?"

Oh. So he's the one who texted me.

He sat down next to you and had a worried look on his face.

"What are you doing here? Where's Minhee?" You asked, ignoring his questions. 

"She went home, and um...I wanted to tell you something..."

You turned to face him. "What is it? Is everything okay?"

"Yes...wait, no...I've been meaning to tell you that I-"

This sounds familiar...

You interrupted him. "Go ahead. Go date Minhee. You don't need my permission..."

"What? I don't like Minhee, I like-" Baekhyun stopped and took your hands.

Your eyes widened in confusion. What...What is happening?

He then looked into your eyes and said "I like YOU, y/n."