Starting Small

Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description:

Bits and pieces of Jiyong planning for He's Day.

Foreword:

He's Day.

 

This year, he wanted something more different. Instead of the usual surprise together with their close friends, leading to Jiyong giving Seunghyun his present (which Seunghyun doesn’t mind having it the same every single year), Jiyong wanted something more special for his boyfriend. He frowned and racked his brains for some ideas. What does that big baby like? He clicked his tongue as he thought of the best birthday plan. He crawled out from the bed and reached out for his phone, grinning widely as he typed out his plan.

 

“Morning, beautiful.” 

He turned his head to see Seunghyun yawning unglamorously while rubbing his eyes. 

“Morning, love.” Jiyong leaned in for a kiss, only to pull out with his face scrunched up. 

“What was that face for?”

“Morning breath, not pleasant.” Seunghyun pouted as he watched Jiyong typing away on his phone. 

“What’s that?” He pulled himself up, trying to have a peek of what his boyfriend was doing on his phone, maybe he posting a picture of them without exposing themselves, or tweeting “Beautiful Sunday” because, no because. He crossed his arms when Jiyong actually turned his phone away from Seunghyun’s vision. 

“No seeing, no peeking.” 

“That’s so unfair! You always get to see what’s on my phone!” 

“I love you too!” Jiyong giggled as he jumped out from the bed and rushed to the bathroom to wash up. He picked up his toothbrush and started brushing his teeth, jumping a little when he felt strong arms around his waist, reaching out for the toothpaste. 

“You didn’t wait for me!” Jiyong grinned while he squirmed in Seunghyun’s embrace. 

“It’s so ticklish!” 

Seunghyun turned Jiyong around swiftly, smothering peppermint kisses everywhere on his face. It was a wonderful morning to begin with, and Jiyong couldn’t wait to spend more mornings together with his love. 

 

 

Seunghyun carried him the bridal style down the stairs carefully, with Jiyong’s arms clinging around his neck tightly. 

“I’m not a princess!” 

“You’re my pretty little princess, cute little princess.”

There was no way you can deny that Jiyong was secretly happy that he was called a princess.

 

 

Jiyong held onto Seunghyun’s hand tightly as he snuggled closer to him. 

“Seunghyun?” 

Seunghyun hummed as a response, focusing on the television that was playing his all-time favourite show. 

“I was wondering, what would you like for your birthday?” 

He heard another hum only to find out that Seunghyun didn’t hear him. Jiyong smiled and shook his head, only this time I will let Spongebob win.

 

 

Jiyong started preparing slowly for He’s Day. He managed to grab a scrapbook and some decorative stickers and markers for his project. The pages where filled in chronological order, from the days they felt met, to the days they were falling in love, to the days when they were together. Each and every moment, he wrote down his heartfelt messages and stuck on silly pictures of them. It wasn’t anything special, but Jiyong felt that it was sincere. Everything on the book was what he wanted to show Seunghyun, how much he’d appreciated every moment spent together, and how much he loves the man. 

 

⎡From J.

   To S. 

   Happy birthday, love.⎦ 

 

 

Seunghyun sulked as he pulled away from Jiyong. 

“Can you not go?” 

“I can’t, love. The schedule is fixed and there’s no way I can reschedule it.” 

“But it’s so far and it’s so unfair!” 

“What’s so unfair?”

“The fact that you’ll be so far away and next Tuesday is the day!” 

“What day?”

Seunghyun was taken aback. He tried to convince himself that Jiyong was actually playing with him, but the looks on his face told him otherwise. 

“What day, Seunghyun?”

“Nothing much, it’s just… I will miss you..” Jiyong tried to hold back his laughter when he heard Seunghyun. Silly, you really think I’d forget your day?

“Babe, I will be back really soon. Probably next Friday or something.”

 

 

“You should totally see his face when he thought I actually forgotten his birthday!” Jiyong burst out laughing while he entered the plane bound to California. He wasn’t lying that they had some filming to do, and he tried to reschedule the dates when he first gotten the news, but he was rejected instantly. 

“Hyung is so stupid!” Youngbae exclaimed, only to receive a glare from his best friend. 

“Only I can call him stupid and laugh at him.” 

 

 

Jiyong spent his nights fiddling on his laptop, trying to make a short clip. He occasionally asked Soonho and Youngbae for their opinions. He then took out his phone and created a group on KakaoTalk; adding all his and Seunghyun’s friends on the group, without adding Seunghyun himself. 

“008 MISSION: SEUNGHYUN’S BIRTHDAY” 

 

Jiyong:

Guys! I need your help. 

 

Jiyong:

Record a short video to wish Seunghyun a happy birthday. 

 

Jiyong:

DON’T TELL HIM ABOUT THIS.

 

Jiyong:

Or I’ll have your head. 

 

Jiyong:

TOP SECRET. Don’t even drop a hint!

 

Seungri:

But hyong, I look horrible.

 

Daesung:

Sure! Mine will be the best! ^.^

 

Soojoo:

What are you planning, Jiyong?

 

Youngbae:

Can’t you just tell me? I’m beside you.

 

Jiyong:

Thank you everybody. Love you MUA.

 

Soojoo:

Leave that for Seunghyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter