Through The Years

Snippets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description:

How Jiyong stayed strong to guide Sarang, his and Seunghyun's beloved child, through her life. Tough and stronger.

Foreword:

"Simplicity is happiness." 

 

The sky above was full of tumultuous, dark and ragged clouds.

"Hyunnie.. How are you doing? I miss you so much. Sarang misses you too. I hope everything's well for you. Our baby girl has grown. She finally know how to call you. And through the years, she'd made so many accomplishments. Did you see them?" Tears rolled down his rosy cheeks. Sarang stood next to him, looking how her father's eyes were puffy with a trace of wetness around the lids. She buried her face in her hands and sobbed quietly, unable to hold in the great tide of emotions.

"Papa, I want to talk to Daddy." Jiyong moved aside to let his daughter sit down. "Papa, I want to tell Daddy a secret. Papa can't hear it." Jiyong leaned forward to place a kiss on her head before standing up to move away. He stood far from them, but near enough to hear what Sarang was saying. 

"Daddy, where did you go? I miss you so much! I remember how you play toys with me and always give me warmth. Papa said that you went to heaven because there's a lot of bearbricks and ice cream there. Daddy can you please come back? I will save many many money to buy you bearbricks and ice cream. Please Daddy... Papa has been so sad, I see him cry every night when he look at our family photo. But don't worry Daddy, Sarang promise you to protect Papa. I love you Daddy." 

Jiyong's emotions hit him like a bullet through his chest. Sarang was so precious. With tears in his eyes, a quaver in his throat, tears streamed down his cheeks onto the ground. 

"Papa come here!" Jiyong wiped off his tears with the back on his palms, he had to be strong for Sarang.

"Papa why don't we let go the balloon for Daddy now?" Jiyong took the balloon on his hands and tied a note with it. 

"Hyunnie, a bearbrick balloon for you." "Daddy, please take it!" 

On the note, it says;

Dearest Seunghyun, 

It's been one long year since you've left us. I really miss you so much. Sarang has been asking me where did you go to. She misses you too. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful present before you go. Sarang has been caring and thoughtful. Sometimes I feel like giving up, I feel so empty without your presence. But Sarang was the one that keep me going. She'd been strong for me, and I thought, it's my turn to be strong for her. Hyunnie... How are you doing? Do you miss us? I hope you're doing fine up in heaven. I know you've been protecting us. Hyunnie... I love you so much and I always will. 

P.s// I found a letter that you wrote before you left. Just to let you know, I will never let you leave my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter