YUNHYEONG [1]

CLOSED. ONESHOT COLLECTION // REQUEST US YOUR VERY OWN IDEAS!

REQUESTED BY: wonwoosgurl


Rumours were spread around the office almost every day and Joohyun didn’t bother with them that much. Well that was until one of rumor was about her boyfriend; Song Yunhyeong.

Yunhyeong and Joohyun had been together for one and a half year, it started off sweet and lovely between the couple until Joohyun found a hectic job with a good pay check. But that didn’t mean Yunhyeong didn’t have a good job. He worked at the same place as she did, but at a higher rank.

His job required telling people what to do and he would stay in his office, typing some documents. Usually Joohyun would visit him, bringing him his favourite coffee and bread during her break. But lately she had been dealing with the financial issues with her work place and couldn’t manage the time for Yunhyeong.

Joohyun knew Yunhyeong well; since she was his girlfriend; he needed warm love and comfort most of the time, but he was also patient and caring. Joohyun knew he would understand about her problems. Or that was she thought.

“Poor girl, she looks so fragile” Two old women’s voices whispered amongst each other as they passed by her cubicle. Joohyun’s raised her eyebrows, looking at her sides. No one was there except for her. “No wonder he doesn’t come to his office often” A man spoke with his colleague, taking a glimpse of her.

“Do you think she knows?” His colleague asked, it was obvious that he was talking about her as she caught him staring at her.

She fiddled with the pen she was holding and fixed her messy hair before she stood up, contemplating whether she should check on Yunhyeong after a month. She grabbed her purse and headed to the elevator, pushing the arrow going up button.

Everyone seemed to stop their work and looked at her. Some women began to whisper to each other and some were giving her a pity look. The door opened, revealing an empty elevator. She stepped in and closed the door immediately.

She waited nervously while staring at her phone. She sighed, should I text him first? She unlocked her screen and typed out a message for him. She was about to send the text when the elevator door opened.

She looked at the person; a woman; probably the same age as her, smiling back at her. Joohyun smiled in response and looked at the floor number. It wasn’t Yunhyeong’s floor yet.

“Which floor are you going to?” Joohyun asked, ready to click the button. “9th” The woman replied politely as she fixed her blouse. “Oh” was the only thing that came out from Joohyun’s lips. It was Yunhyeong’s floor.

She eyed the woman closely, forgotten to send her message. The woman was definitely well-dressed and had a nice silky long hair. But she felt suspicious of her, the way the woman was made her stomach feel sick. The door finally opened at the 9th floor, the woman got out first before Joohyun.

Slowly, she went to look for Yunhyeong’s office. It wasn’t hard to find him since he would always be in his office and his work place didn’t change bit. What made her worried was the woman was moving at the same direction as her.

Joohyun’s hands were sweating and she hoped the rumour wasn’t true.

The woman stood in front of his door, taking out something from her purse. It was Yunhyeong’s favourite bread. Joohyun’s eyes grew bigger and her heart was beating hard. She stood far enough to see what was happening inside.

The woman went into the room, a male figure approached her. His arm naturally came around the woman’s waist, pecking on her lips softly. “Song Yunhyeong…” Joohyun muttered, her eyes became blurry. She was already crying when suddenly his door was closed shut.

Joohyun went away from his office, she barely was breathing, thinking what were they doing in there. Her weak heart brought her back to her house, into her bathroom and she cried for hours. “How could he…” She wailed out loud, her eyes were closed tightly. Her tears were streaming down like a waterfall.

Her phone vibrated against the sink, her head turned and picked it up.

Yunhyeong’s name flashed on her screen.

“Hey, babe?” Yunhyeong’s sweet voice stabbed her heart, knowing that he shared it with another woman. “Mhmm?” She answered back.

“Do you want to go out tonight?”

“Tonight?” Her voice cracked from crying. “Are you alright?” He asked, concerned. “Yunhyeong, I –”

“You can’t go, right?” Suddenly his voice changed. He sounded annoyed and Joohyun could feel him rolling his eyes. “You know Joohyun, you haven’t been with me for a long time” He hissed while Joohyun turned silent.

“I understand you have your work, but you don’t have to be cold towards me” He complained angrily through the phone. “I am your boyfriend, you shouldn’t put on your work attitude to me” He continued, spatting out what he was feeling. Joohyun started to cry again but Yunhyeong didn’t seem to care.

“You treated me like I was no one but I still cared for you so much” His voice trailed on. “You left me alone, Joohyun”

Maybe Joohyun did ignore his calls and answer him with a word or two lately but she was stressed out. And he didn’t even help her out. “Why can’t make your time for me anymore?” He asked.

“Yunhyeong…” She was going to tell him, she didn’t want Yunhyeong to prove how she was towards him. “I saw you with that woman” The line was quiet when he realized what she meant.

“I saw you with that woman, you cheater!” She screamed loudly while crying. “You’re a cheater, Song Yunhyeong!” She poured every word angrily. She waited for him to apologized but what came to her left her heartbroken.

“Joohyun, you’re the reason for that!” Yunhyeong yelled, his voice never been that loud before. “I needed love, Joohyun! And where were you? At your work, caring it more than caring about me!” He cried, a loud sound was heard and then silent.

“I loved you, Joohyun” His tone was weak and soft.  “But I can’t do this anymore, Joohyun. If you’re going to be like this always, I don’t think I can do it” He whispered, after taking a deep breathe. “You think you’re the only one feeling like that?” Joohyun answered back, clenching her fist.

“I tried, Yunhyeong! I tried so hard to please you” She explained, her eyebrows furrowed angrily. “But I guess I wasn’t enough, huh?”

“I was being cold because of you, not about work. You expect me to do so much, I am not some super woman, Yunhyeong”

She would probably slap his face if he was there. She would have thrown her things at him and that wouldn’t even tell him how much she was hurting right now. “So you still think you’re the good guy?”

“Because you’re not” She shouted on the phone. Yunhyeong’s sigh left his lips.

“Well then, I guess we both have our own faults” He said, finally calming down his nerves and hung up. Joohyun closed her eyes, stomping her feet on the cold white tile. “It hurts so much…”

The next day, she took off the ring he gave her and went to work. When she came to her work place, she met Yunhyeong passing by. He saw her, surprised and looked down quickly. She avoided him and fastened her pace.

She was about to sigh in relief when she passed him but his voice called her. She didn’t move, instead he came back to her. His hand held hers warmly, and he scanned them. “Where’s the ring?”

Her head fell, she didn’t want answer and she tried to take her hand away. “Where’s the ring, Joohyun?” He asked, again, softly. “I threw it away” She whispered.

“Why?”

“Yunhyeong, we can’t be together. We’re just making each other suffer” She explained, her head looked up to see his hurtful expression. “I like this job even if it’s stressful as hell but at least it’s for me to survive in the world”

“So money is more important than love?”

“Yunhyeong, your love killed me and I felt like dying” She cried once again, pulling her hand from his. “I don’t even deserve to have you”

“Maybe it was right for you to cheat with another woman” She said her final words as she walked away from him. Yunhyeong grabbed her arm, trying to get a hold of her before she would be gone from his life.

“Joohyun, I still love you” He said. “A whole billion times more than that woman” Joohyun faced him and her stared at him coldly as she replied him sharply.

“You can’t love two people, Yunhyeong. If you really loved me first, you wouldn’t had fallen in love with that other woman”


Done! I hoped you like it!

 

P/S We have a new co-author that joined recently! Yay!

Please subscribe and comment your request, guys!