Ice cream

My Rooftop Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Young-jae looked at Suzy who was now walking back and forth in the house. She is searching for something. Her face was definitely not happy.

"Noona, What are you looking for? Do you want me to help you?" The seven year old boy asked her.

Suzy paused and looksedat YoungJae. " Nevermind, Just leave me alone. " Suzy pouted and walked to her room leaving Young-jae outside. Young-jae looked sad. He walked into his mother's room and sat next to his mother who was knitting.

“What’s wrong, Young-jae a~? You look sad." Boyoung patted Young-jae's head.

Young-jae sighed weakly.

"Omma, Why does Noona hate me?"

Boyoung was surprised with his question but she still smiling at him.

" Ani, Noona doesn't hate you. Noona is just tired ".

Young-jae pouted. Boyoung just smiled and looked at YoungJae’s action like that. Then she thought about Suzy, It's been eight years since she was married to her father but she still had not opened up to her. Sooner or later, she will accepted her eventually, she thought.

 

Suzy looked for the handkerchief that her late mother made for her, she looked every inch of her room and her house but it was nowhere to be seen. She sat on the bed. She shook her head, blaming herself.

How can she lose something very important to her? She sighed heavily. She imissed her mother a lot.

She remembered that day, where it all begins. The day she needed to keep all the secrets she heard.

"Omma, Is that true?" Suzy who just got back from school sobbed aftershe  saw her mother at the kitchen.

“What is true honey?" Min Jung was a little bit surprised when she saw Suzy crying after she got back from school.

“That.. That you getting divorce with Appa? You’re going to be separate?" Her tears won't stop flowing.

“W-what..? Where did you heard that?" Min Jung asked. She walked to Suzy and patted her back.

“I heard the neighbours talking; they said Appa is cheating on you. Is that true?"

Min Jung just smiled and brought Suzy to the living room, she ask her to sat on the couch.

“Suzy, Omma have favour to ask you."

“You didn't answer my question Omma."

 Min Jung her hair, she looked at the nine year-old girl who already understood what divorce meant.

“Omma will answer all your question, But.. Can you keep it as a secret Suzy?"

 Suzy looked at her mother, she hugged her.

“I can..."

“Promise you will keep this secret forever?"

She nodded her head.

“I promise."

 

The knocked on the door made her stop from remembering the past. She got up.

"Suzy, can we talk?"

When she heard Boyoung's voice from outside, she sighed.

“I’m really tired. Can we talk later?" She answered.

“Sorry to disturb you when you're tired. Arasseo. Just rest, okay?"

Suzy laid back to her bed. She closed her eyes. Hoping that she could get some nap time. She opened her eyes. It seemed that she was not really sleepy and she couldn't sleep because she kept thinking about her handkerchief.

She got up from the bed, opened her closet and take her cardigan and wore it. She took the cap on the shelf and put on her head. She took her wallet and cellphone from the drawer. She quickly got out from her room. When she noticed her stepmother was at the kitchen, she sneaked out to the front door without her noticicing.

  When she already got herself out from the house, she quickly goes to the convenient store nearby. The convenient store where use to go with her late mother. They will come here and eat ice-cream together. Her mother liked the lime flavour and she like the strawberry flavour.

  She walks in to the store and immediately goes towards freezer taking the lime flavour and strawberry flavour. After paid for the ice-cream she sat on the bench in front of the convenient store alone.

  She takes out the stra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter