Chapter 9: My Heart's Funeral

Cook Up a Love Potion

BLOOMING, she was more beautiful than he remembered. He hasn't talked to her all that much since she started dating that guy. They would chat if he caught her online on Facebook but he usually just liked and commented on her shoutouts. He didn't dare look at the pictures of her and that guy. He didn't bother to stay around her too much when she came to the concerts that Ninz and Jans attended. Donghae and he had to play guide to the two girls while Sungmin had quality time with his girlfriend.

Jans and Sungmin had a hard time when they were very busy, Jens with work in Mr. Lee's company and Sungmin with events and shows.The phone calls became harder to keep. But technology was on their side. As they relationship matured so did the technology to keep a long distance relationship evolve to shorten the distance. Sungmin was often on his cell and texting her every spare moment that he had. They were starting to fear that he would develop carpal tunnel from all that texting. He did manage to contact Mary the same way but he didn't want to ask her too much about what was going on in her life. She touched base with him every so often, wondering about some rumored girlfriend and teasing him to find someone to love soon or she would have to ask him to her wedding without a plus one.

“I'll bring Donghae as my plus one. We are a couple now.” he would tease back. She has decided that she didn't believe that he was biual. He had told her the truth about Mai and his rumored biuality.

“Yeah, right. As if Donghae has gotten over Ninz.” they had often speculated as to why the two broke up. He had a feeling that Mary knew something that she was not telling him. But he figured that at the end of the day, her loyalty to Ninz was still stronger than any bond that they could possibly have. Just because he was in love with her doesn't mean she would tell her friends secrets to him. Especially when Donghae had flaunted his women on his private account. Marj has surely shown those pictures to Ninz.

“When are you getting married?” he had regretted asking as soon at the words came out of him mouth.

“Well, I was thinking that next year would be better. Arnold and I have talked about it.” she sounded so happy that he hated the guy more.

“Make sure you tell me ahead of time so we can all attend. Save a table for us. Or two.” he knew that the SuJus wouldn't miss her wedding since they knew there would be exquisite food there. And that he would be masochistic enough to actually attend it.

 

SHE was wearing a pink dress like Ninz and Jens. They were the unofficial bride's maids since Korean weddings didn't exactly call for an entourage. But the SuJu were there to give Jans different pink flowers to complete her bouquet. Ninz gave her the baby's breath. Sungmin had a pink ribbon that he tied it with. Jens placed a pink buttoner on Sungmin. She kissed Jans and Mary walked with the two while they threw pink roses petals on the white carpet.

Mary looked at him before sat on the bride's side of the wedding hall.

The couple faced each other and the ceremony began. When it was the time for the vows, Sungmin spoke first.

“You are a gift. You are God's reminder that being a good son weilds unbelievable blessings.” people who knew their love story laughed when Sungmin said this then took a glance towards his parents. “Loving you has been the easiest thing that I have ever had to learn to do. I almost lost you so many times that I feel like a fool who doesn't deserve your love. Please, let me make it up to you for the rest of our lives. As God and all whom we love as my witness, I would never make you cry unless it's from happiness. I love you more than words can say. Thank you for loving me.”

Jans sniffed before she began her vow, “You are a dream. I never thought that you would love me. I spents years admiring you, shrieking and giggling over every picture, video and concerts I could get my hands on and see. But you are here now, in front all who love us and so please don't pinch me because I never want to wake up. You and I will be a reality more so today and now forever. I love you too and you're welcome.” people laughed at the end of her vow.

“If there is anyone here who thinks that these two should not be be joined in holy matrimony speak now or forever hold your piece.” Sungmin narrowed his eyes at the Super Juniors. They had threatened to distrupt his wedding earlier so he was sending them a definite signal. He looked cute when he was trying to act all tough for Jans. Eunhyuk envied his friend more this day more than the others since now, he could really be assured that Jans was all his. Donghae was openly weeping. He was on his second handkerchief. Leeteuk was on his third. He wasn't crying. That night, when his friends consoled him, he promised to stop crying because he was hurt. He would be happy for Sungmin but no more tears, happy or otherwise.