Chapter 11 : Friend Zone or End zone

Cook Up a Love Potion

HE helped her with preparing the food and serving some of the tables that needed a waiter. The other SuJu had no idea that he was wearing an apron after the event. Marj had arranged for everything. Her new idea of catering apart from being the chef for Bazooka was going to help her out in the future. He saw that she was really happy that waiters came back with compliments and empty trays. Eunhyuk had to set appetizers and send them over to his friends because he was afraid that they would run out of food soon.

“Try not to trip.” Eunhyuk smiled at Marj's back. In the kitchen, she was in her element. She must have eyes on the back of her head to know that he was about to leave.

“De, chef!” he went to take the tray to his friends.

 

HE was shocked to find out that another Jane was off the market. But Jens noona had more disturbing news than he expected.

“But you'll understand that we have to do a private registration and not a big thing, don't you?” she asked them. They exploded in negative reactions. They had helped put together Sungmin and Jans' Korean wedding. So they wanted to repeat it with Donghae's and any other's wedding.

 

“My parents would not allow me to have this kind of wedding on the same year as Jans. It's not allowed in Filipino culture. And it's a tad bit expensive on their end. We are thinking maybe delaying the actual wedding until I can get used to having a celebrity hubbie.” she looked at Leeteuk who was looking at her in awe. “He's still very active in Korea. And I don't want to leave my bar here until it's back on the right track and someone else can manage it for me. I am thinking Mary could do it.” she looked at Eunhyuk and winked. “and other people who might be interested in helping her run it. Mary doesn't want to leave the Philippines permanently now that she's finished her studies.”

 

Eunhyuk felt like he got kicked in the stomach. He stood up and bowed. “Excuse me noona. I have to go...” he walked towards the direction of the kitchen.

 

“DID you run out of food already?” Marj teased Eunhyuk. She looked at him when he didn't say anything and saw that he was looking at her with fear in his eyes.

“Do you want to stay here? I mean, are you going to run Bazooka Bar with Jens noona forever?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I plan to open a small catering business too. You know, word of mouth, corporate receptions, small parties, that kind of thing.” she said to him.

“So you wouldn't want to go to Korea ever?” he asked.

“I would once in a while.” she knew she would not miss seeing her friends have their kids and Donghae and Ninz' wedding as well. This time it was going to be a beach wedding. God knows where they were having it. She was hoping it was in the Philippines, she could use the airfare to buy them a more expensive gift.

“So you couldn't live there permanently?” he asked againg.

“Not unless you can find me a Korean prince this time. Wait, I don't trust your taste in men. You at picking them. Look how Arnold turned out.” she tried to laugh it off because the man was worthless and fortunately out of her life forever.

“So I would have to move here?” Eunhyuk looked horrified. “My parents would kill me.”

“Why would you do that? And why would your parents kill you for it?” Marj was confused. “Are you drunk again?”

Eunhyuk shook his head, “Then I would have to move here.” he said with a determined smile on his face.

“You can do music anywhere, right?” Marjorie said matter-of-factly.

“You're right.” he was not willing to stop making music. But he wasn't willing to let anyone else be there for Marj or make her cry because they disappointed her.

“And I can cook anywhere.” Marjorie smiled at him. Eunhyuk's face lit up when she said that.

“Do you mean that?” he went up to her and held her close to him.

“We can make it work.” she offered him hope and was meeting him half-way. With the others it was all of nothing.

“My strawberry angel.” he kissed her lightly on the lips and laughed. “I get hungrier when I am around you.”

“I'll cook and you can eat me up.” she teased.

“I want you to be pure on our wedding day.” he kissed her nose, “That's your promise to your mom, right?”

She nodded. “That and that I would give her as many grandchildren as she can possibly take care of.”

“How does three sound?” he challenged her.

“If you can give birth to them, be my guest.” she retaliated.

“Here.” He took a leather string that had a princess cut diamond ring for a pendant it. “Because I am afraid that you might drop it into a batter.”

“You had this all along?” she asked.

“My mom told me to always bring her engagement ring in case I fall in love.” he smiled at her. “When I told her about you, she told me that I should forget about you since you love someone else. But the spell you put me under never went away. Seeing that I never got someone else to love and that you did, then that means you were never really in love with that guy. It's too late for you to let me go.”

“Who said I would?” Marjorie pulled him closer to her.

“You couldn't even if you wanted to.” he kissed her again and pinched her nose lightly when he came to up for air. “I would never let anyone make you cry. Promise not to let me do it either.”

“I would cut you up if you cheat on me. Then feed you to your mistress.” her smile was sinister.

“I am a little boney.” he pretended to be brave.

“The part I am talking about has no bones.” she laughed.

“Mary...” Eunhyuk used his aego voice.

“De?” she had this compulsion to kiss him again.

“I think we are making the rest of the wedding hungry.”

They looked around them while the waiters stood with empty trays. Marj kissed him one last time. “Back to work then?” she asked him.

“Do you need my help?” he asked.

“Always.” she kissed him and began to teach him how to put together the canapé.

 

DONGHAE raised his glass and toasted the news that Eunhyuk has said. “Do you want to do a double wedding?” the latter offered.

“Ninz deserves her own wedding. I think Marjorie does too.” he had to agree with Donghae said.

“Did you ever think that you would were ever get the girl?” Eunhyuk asked before taking another shot.

“No. But I had always hoped that I would get another chance to make her happier than she was before, y'know.” Donghae looked happy but worried. “I constantly have to ask her if I am crowding her. She is very together, I feel more like a pet than a fiancé sometimes.”

Eunhyuk had to laugh at that. Donghae was thoroughly whipped and he was afraid that it would be his turn soon.

“But it's worth it, right?” his bestfriend asked him.

Marjorie and Ninz were both walking towards them, “You bet it is.”

 

-END-

 

 

Author's Note: I hope you are not missing the pattern of weddings of other people appearing in other stories. It's to make sure that everyone's bias is satisfied a bit in every story. ^.^ No actually I was always fascinated with weddings and I wanted to present how the Janes and SuJu weddings would be like for spectators. ^.^ I hope that you would hold on for Donghae and Ninz wedding as well as the Eunhyuk-Marjorie matrimony. It might just pop up in the next few fics.

 

Finished : 8:11p.m. 101711 Kamagong Makati City