Chapter 3: Sweet Nothings

Cook Up a Love Potion

TRUE to his word, Eunhyuk was up early and ready to meet up with Marj by the next day. She was wearing a pink top and a ballerina skirt, something that looked like a tutu. She looked something right out of a highschool drama. Why'd she have to look so cute? He was tossing and turning all night thinking about pastries and he always ended up thinking about the strawberry cupcake that she made. He had the list of all the gourmet pastry places that were in her city. That was a perfect place to start in. He had to do something of she would think that he was that Flour Prince. She was just bound to get hurt if that was true. Donghae and Sungmin already got hooked, he couldn't join in the club. Jungsu-hyung had no chance with Jens but that never stopped his Hyung. Leeteuk was a ball of fighting spirit, if he ever saw one.

“You look like a cupcake.” he . She seemed to be in a better mood than the day before. “I am sure any guy would want to eat you up.”

“Haha. I know what I look like. I am no beauty.” she sighed as she looked at the list that he gave her. “People say my fashion sense took a leave of absence long ago.”

“It might be the love potion talking but I have to disagree. You are a beauty that one needs to look into closely to uncover.” he smiled at her. “And one bite off the food that you make would make any guy gaga over you. I am sure you are familiar with the adage, the way to a man's heart is through cupcakes.” he laughed when she did as well.

“That is true. I have gotten constant marriag proposals because of my cooking. And they have been trying to pirate me from Bazooka for such a long time.” she pointed at something on the list that he gave her. “This is the closest one, let's go there first.”

“Are we going to take a cab or walk there?” he was worried that someone would recognize him. Though there were only a handful of Koreans that walk in the streets of this metro but he was still worried of being out without handlers and security in a new place.

“It's right over there.” Marj pointed at the cafe with the brown door.

“You have been there before, I take it.” he smirked.

“To buy not to pry.” she walked ahead. He had to run after her to catch up.

“Have you ever met the chef?” he asked.

“No. And I don't know how we are going to be able to do that actually.” she was still a little confused about how they would be able to get the chef to even talk to them.

“Leave that to me.” he winked at her.

 

SHE inhaled the smells of the room and wanted to swoon. Her version of heaven would be like this, a cafe in heaven with heavenly smells of cinammon and chocolate.

Eunhyuk ordered something and said something to the cashier. The woman disappeared into the kitchen and came back with a tall handsome man. Omo. He is one tall biscuit.

“I am wondering if I can get a chance to talk to you. My friend here is a big fan of your store. She gave me some cookies from your store and I was wondering if I could get you to tell her how to make it. You see, when we go back to Korea, I would miss your cookies a lot.” he was trying to flatter the guy who looked close to punching his lights out.

Marj had to intervene. “I am sorry. My friend is being rude. Eunhyuk...that is not the way to complement people in the Philippines.” she bowed at the guy and apologized again.

The guy laughed it off and spoke, “Apology accepted, Miss..?”

“Mary Marjorie Garcia. My friend call me MM.” she smiled at the guy. “And you are..?”

“Arnold. People call me Chef Arn.” he was handsome while wearing his apron and chef uniform. Food God, thank you for making him your disciple.

“Eunhyuk, this is Chef Arn.” she tried to be polite and introduced them formally. “This is Eunhyuk, my rude friend. He's Korean.”

“You look familiar, actually.” Arnold said, “Have we met before?”

“No, but I think you might have seen me somewhere else. Maybe an album cover or a drama, maybe.” Eunhyuk was being an arrogant prick again.

“Omg! Is that Eunhyuk?” a woman pointed at him. The woman pulled her friend's arm and pointed again. “Look over there!”

“Eunhyuk? Super Junior? Where?” the other woman said outloud.

“Right...you are boy band member.” Chef Arn concluded. “My niece likes your group.”

“Idol star. We are called an idol group not a boyband.” Eunhyuk corrected through his teeth.

“Isn't that the same?” Marj stopped him from saying anything else by pulling him away from the scene.

“Stay here.” she walked back to Chef Arn and gave him a card.

“Call me if you are interested in teaching me any recipes. I would love to learn from you, Ched Arnold.” she bowed then said her goodbyes.

She walked back to where Eunhyuk was. The girls who recognized him earlier were hounding him now. “Yah! Get your paws off my friend!” the woman looked at her and was shocked that she looked like she was about to attack them. “Shoo, you fangirls! He's not that Eunhyuk. This guy can't sing to save his life. Let's go, Eunhyuk Choi!” she dragged him and they ran out of the cafe. The girls obviously didn't believe her since they ran after them, the two multiplied to God knows what number. All she knew was that if they get caught, she would be run over and Eunhyuk would be . Run, feet,run!


 

“I forgot my cookies!” Eunhyuk said in frustration when they finally stopped. They walked into the mall and tried to shake off the fangirls by going into a restaurant. He was trying to laugh but he was huffing.

“Forget those cookies. I can make better ones if I wanted to.” she was not used to running around so she was still trying to catch her breath. “Are they always as crazy as that?” she asked.

“Yeah. Sungmin and Donghae has experienced worse. There was one time a girl tried to literally jump on Sungmin. It was crazy, Donghae and I had to cover him and get him out of range. It gets crazier when there is more than two of them in the same area. Like being trapped in a pit of snakes that are all trying to take a bite at you. Others are pythons and are harder to ward off. You die faster if you struggle.” he managed to laugh a short laugh but his lungs burned in the effort.

“I apologize for all fangirls in the world.” she tried to laugh but she couldn't since her breath were coming out in small coughs.

“You need to exercise more.” he mentioned.

“Not everyone is as body conscious as Siwon, y'know.” she .

“Well, I am not a scary as that guy. The only other thing that he's as passionate in is his religion. Sometimes it's hard to tell if he is trying to convert you or trying to get everyone trim.” he laughed. “But it pays off, we look better because he bugs us to try to exercise.”

“Thanks for going with me, but I think you are more of a liability than an advantage. You almost blew it with Chef Arn.” she shook her head when she remembered the direction of their conversation.

“But that was a technique.” he said.

“Yeah, right. Act like an and I would apologize for you. That was your plan?” she wanted to wack him with something. Luckily, there was nothing that she could get her hands on. Her feet refused to move to reach a table and get something to murder him with.

“It worked didn't it? You got to talk to him and even gave him your number. Mission acomplished, right?” he laughed when the truth dawned on her sweet face.

“You are a genius!” she hugged him and jumped up and down.

He laughed, “Represent! So shall we go to the other places?” he asked her.

“No, I think we found the one I am looking for.” she was giddy with her new crush that she didn't notice the pained look in Eunhyuk's face. When she faced him again, he was already smiling, only she couldn't quite figure out what changed with his smile.