Chapter 7 : Birthday Suprise

Cook Up a Love Potion

EUNHYUK knew that there would be a cake and his friend and relatives were going to be there. They were filming it for future shows but they had decided not to invite too many fans. There were a handful who were there who were both fans and old friends. Jans was there. And Ninz. That was understandable but he couldn't help but feel hurt that Marjorie didn't try to make time for him. She could've stayed with the girls in their hotel room and not spend a single won for her stay. But she chose to say no to him then avoided all message he sent pleading her to make time for it.

He felt even worse when they came out with the cupcake tower that he had requested for his birthday cake. He was crying without hesitation and thanking everyone for their support and love but the truth was that he missed her terribly. It hurt that she didn't even bother to greet him on his birthday. He had been looking forward to it. She had greeted the other SuJus at midnight on their birthdays. He didn't sleep until two waiting for her greeting. But he didn't even get a single Anyeonghaseyo from her.

They started to sing the birthday song when someone came in from the kitchen. She was holding a pink strawberry birthday cake with tall sparkling candles. Marjorie was singing too while she walked carefully towards him. He wanted to hug her but stopped himself because he didn't want to ruin the cake that he was sure she made from scratch.

“Make sure you make a wish before you blow the candles.” she said beaming at him.

Please make her love me too. He closed his eyes then made that wish. He opened them and blew out all the candles. Marjorie put the cake down and smiled at him.

“I am so sorry I couldn't tell you that I was coming. They said I should surprise you so I had to cut communication or I would spill the beans.” he hugged her and laughed as he cried. “I hope you don't hate me.”

I love you. “This is the best birthday ever.” was what he said instead.

He looked at his friends who were looking at him knowingly. Even the dongsaengs knew what he felt now. And he was sure that he would never hear the end of it. But he didn't care.


 

THEY were in a talk show that featured all the members of Suju. It has been a while since they did something like this. It was a tell-all so he was worried.

Kyunhyun was being asked about the hyungs. “Do you know if there are any Super Juniors who are dating?” the host asked the worst secretkeeper in the group.

“I am the maknae so people don't really confide in me all that much. But all I can tell you is that half of the Super Junior are dating and the other half might be in love already. Sorry ladies. I am single though. Because I am too young.” the host didn't know whether to believe him or not.

“How about you Eunhyuk, there had been rumors circulating online that you have a foreigner girlfriend. Is that true?” this host was ruthless.

“I date a Chinese girl before. But it didn't work out. Her family didn't want someone like me dating their daughter.” he decided to be blunt to avoid any more rumors.

“Chinese? The rumors are that of a Filipina girlfriend, not Chinese.” he was trying not to show that he was exasperated. Donghae and Sungmin were getting nervous too since the rumor was more theirs than his.

“I have this friend who I met because she made the best cupcakes that I ever tasted. I often talk to her. She's a Filipina. But she's in love with another chef. I am just in it for the free cupcakes.” he laughed it off.

“I see, we have a clip here of her on your birthday. That didn't look so platonic.” they showed him hugging her on his birthday.

“She had said that she wasn't going to make it to my birthday and I was really glad that she made the cake for me. I can give you her contact number so she could make cakes for you daughter's birthday. She travels back and forth to visit her friends. It would be worth it.” the hosts that he was pimping out his friend.

“She told me that she would give me a free cake if I can get her customers.” he laughed. The rest of the SuJu laughed with him. The host went on to ask other members about their lovelife. He sighed in relief. That host must have been a war interrogater in a past life. Thank God for his deodorant, otherwise his armpits would be wet from all the sweating that he was doing under this suit.


 

MARJORIE laughed when he told her about the show later. She promised to watch it when it goes viral.

“I told our manager that I never want to go to that show ever again. The host apologized later when we were backstage. He was really nice about it. But still, I never want to be interrogated like that ever again.” Marj laughed harder.

“What if you actually had someone to tell him about, then you would have lowered your popularity significantly.” she was clueless as usual.

“So how are things in school?” he made a desperate move to change the topic.

“It's super fun. I learned so much. I feel like my brain is going to explode from all the stuff that I have been learning. Did you see the food that I made?” he did and everytime he looked at her food blog he wanted to choke in the fact that Chef Arn was the one who was making her beam like that.

“You should cook for me again soon. The last time was so long ago.” he demanded.

“Yah! Am I your cook? You can't afford me now.” she .

He pouted. “How about I go to the Philippines for your birthday? It won't be a surprise but it would be fun. What do you think?”

She thought about it for a moment. “Won't you be in the middle of a show during that time?” she asked.

“I will take a leave for week or three days. I am sure they'd let me go for a little while. It's not like there aren't nine other guys who can cover for me.” he knew that was not true since everyone's schedule was super hectic these days.

“I don't think I can.” she was not telling him something, he knew it.

“Weh, weh? Do you already have plans?” he asked like a kid.

“I am spending it with my boyfriend.” she said almost like a whisper.

“Boyfriend?” he wanted to cry out loud when she said it.

“Yeah, Arnold is my boyfriend now!” she almost shrieked.

This was even worse than the time when they told him their debut would be postponed because the other members of their group would debut ahead in a different group.

“Since when?” he asked.

“Since two days ago. He gave me a small cake with a ring on it.” he wanted to say that it was so cliché but he was thinking of doing something similar during her birthday that he wanted to rip all the hair on his hair in frustration.

“That's...” he couldn't get himself to say it. “Chukha hamnida.” he congratulated her. “Look, Donghae and I are going to drink out in a bit. So I need to cut this short. Tell Chef Arn to take care of you or he'll have SuJu to deal with. Okay?” he tried his best to sound brotherly as supposed to the jilted man that he really want.

“De, oppa. Bye for now. Talk to you soon.”

“I think you would have less time to talk to me now that you have Arnold.” he pouted.

“I would always have time for you. You are my bias, remember?” she smiled at him.

If only that meant something in the real world. He smiled at her and waved goodbye. Donghae in and said goodbye at her too. I need a drink. Bad.