A Promise

You're The Only One I Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK

(Right after their parents' funeral)

Jessica and Krystal were all alone now. Their relatives didn't even bother to give them custody, in fact, no one wanted another 2 people for them to feed. Even their closest relatives didn't give a hand and both of the girls felt betrayed. To all of what's happening Jessica was the one who feel more burdened, she is the older sister after all. She wouldn't mind to take all the responsibility though, but she just don't know where to start. Everything will be new to her, how would she be able to take it all? How? She felt like she's gonna go crazy before taking actions, she's frustrated, lonely and worried about their future.

Jessica turned her head towards her little sister, and her heart was surely broken at the scene. Krystal was trying to withhold her tears, but her body was shaking in attempting to do so. The older Jung automatically make way to embrace her but she was taken aback when Krystal shoved her.

"I'm fine!" Krystal managed to say coldly without looking at her sister.

"It's okay to cry Soo Jung! I know how it feels. Our parents just died" Jessica stated the fact. Her sister was always jolly and really close towards their parents. In fact, Jessica believed that Soo Jung was always the favorite daughter. She don't mind though, she's already contented to see Krystal happy.

Their childhood, to Jessica it seemed they haven't been really close. Krystal was always clinging towards their parents while she's always away due to her studies in University far from home. They grew up having distance between them, and both of them didn't dare to move one step closer to each other. For them, it was normal. They are not enemies and no hard feelings towards another, it's just how they are as sisters. That's what Jessica has been thinking all this time. But it all vanished when she heard her little sister speak her mind.

"Our parents just died. How could you say that so easily?! Don't you realize how our life is now going to be a mess?!" Krystal's words were delivered with fierced eyes. She was angry, worried and lifeless. She can't foresee her life in the future. How are they supposed to live now without their parents? She was so young and she thinks her sister's not the one who would pass them into the future from this disastrous present.

"It's the truth. We can't take back our parents anymore. I promise I will take care of you. I promise I will---" Not yet done when Krystal released yet another striking words for her sister.

"You're not the one I needed! You've been selfish about yourself taking all the money for you to study at a prestigious university! And you didn't even know how our parents been dying over their work just to give you what you wanted! Now tell me, how will you take care of me when you're that selfish!!"

Jessica was left agape at the sudden burst of anger Krystal made. It was like all her being was shuttered into pieces hearing what her little sister threw at her. Looking at her eyes, she wonder how it was possible for someone especially her sister to hold such huge grudge towards her. Has it been like this all the time? Is this what Krystal has been hiding and distant towards her? Was she.. jealous?

"I-I thought it was fine with you?!" Jessica stuttered still curious what else Krystal has been hiding from her.

The younger one shrugged. "It was fine with me, but looking at our parents always at their limit working for your selfishness made me sick! And you're acting always like there's no problem at all and still demanded for all your wants! How can you have such a thick face?!"

Jessica's eyes begun to form tears. But she was holding back in order to look strong for her sister. She thought Krystal was just caught at their parents' death and she was not on her proper mind saying all these. Still, all of what she's saying to her were like blades continuously scarring her heart.

Yet, Krystal was not done yet. Seeing her sister acting the strong one made her even more sick of her. "Oh! And didn't you know? Mom just recently found out she has a disease, she was crying all night and yet where were you all these time? Witnessing how selfish you were, I bet you don't mind our parents are gone at all!"

-SLAP!!!

And there, Jessica was not able to stop herself. "How can you say such a thing?! Do you think I'm liking all of these?! What do you think of me?!!" Right there, her tears finally flow down from her eyes. Everything was too painful and she pull out all her energy to stand up and walk out to this mess her little sister has started.

On the other hand, Krystal was left in oblivion after the strong hit she just taken. And because she was a teenager and too young for her to understand everything, instead of being guilty she was immensed in more hatered towards her sister.

----

Another morning came, without their parents. Jessica make her way to the kitchen in order to make something for them and decided to apologize for hitting her sister yesterday. She was worried enough for her sister last night that she couldn't sleep peacefully at all. Despite receiving so much judgment coming from her little sister, she woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter