I LIKE YOU

Portraying Your Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

********************

Clack... Clack.. Clack... Clack...

The loud sound of stomping foot echoed through the corner of a nebulous room. A man with a sledge hammer in his right hand took his time scouted around the room with the aim to find 'something' that has made him restless for this one hour. He had no idea if this 'something' could wasting his time when he just thought that he could finish the mess only within a minute.

"Come on, cutie.. Stop being stubborn before I let you taste your own blood!" he sarcastically whispered while kept searching around the room. But his order only got silent without any sound could be heard.

"I know you're here. So, just show up while I ask you nicely. Come on out now?" again.. only his tapping shoes sounds could be heard by him. Couldn't take it anymore, he hardly hit one of the table at the middle of the room with the sledge hammer. It surely destroyed the table badly.

"I SAID OUT NOW!!!!!!" he bursted out his anger. But, suddenly, the cracking sound of a glasses came out from behind. He quickly pulled out all his attention to his back and smiled satisfily when he noticed a shadow inside one of the wooden wardrobe before his eyes.

"Ah~ There you are.. Aren't you feel suffocated in there? Why don't you just come out and playing with me? You already saw how I killed your friends, rigth? So, it's your turn being my toy~" 

He took his step only to get near the wardrobe. The anger in his face now replaced by the scariest smirked and sharp glare. His step also slightly let the dust in the floor flied all around the room and made him coughed which indicated that the room was a long-abonded room. Even that so, he kept his steady pace step only to stop right in front of the wardrobe and ready to open the wardrobe by held it's handle, before...

"KYAAAA!!!! Raise Your hand!" a middle aged woman yelled.

The man turned his head to the entrace door only to find she was pointing a gun straightly into him. He chuckled and pulled off his grip from the handle and faced the woman with his two hand above his head. 

"Put the hammer down!!" she commanded which he did as she asked.

Then, the woman slowly took her step into the room and noticed a shadow behind the man while kept pointing the gun to him. As she asked the man to move and let her came near the wardrobe, she whispered something into it. She assured the owner of shadow about the police already on their move to save them and told her that everything will be okay. But, she didn't notice if the man silently took a small vase beside him and threw it with a vengeance toward her. 

The sudden attack shocked her, even the vase missed to hit her, but, it took out her guard and she collapsed onto the floor because of it. She also has no idea if the man already got the hammer in his hand. And all out of sudden, the man already right above her and ready to hit her.

The screaming inside the wardrobe made her consious and quickly rolled to her side for duck out from his attack. But, he continuously tried to hit again and again which only could be avoided by her. It made the man gone crazy and had no mercy on her, until, his attention turned over to the opened wardrobe, appearing a messy yet cute girl trembling on her stand.

"Stop hurting my mom!" she stuttered as she was pointing a gun. The same gun which the woman lost since she was busily avoided his attack. "Stop before I shot you!" her scream only got mocking laughed from the man.

"Finally you are out!" the first thing he said after non stop laughing by himself. "Shot me if you dare!" he challanged her and came near her. But, the more fast he took his step, more nervous the fragile girl. As she want to shot him, the woman --turned out to be her mom-- hit the man with a wood until he collapsed and quickly let the girl went into the wardrobe before prevented her from coming out.

"Just stand there shinhye-ah.. The helper will come in no time. Let your contemptible mom atoned her sin for abandoned you this whole time."

"NO!! EOMMA!! PLEASE, LET ME GO!!! EOMAAA!!!" she finally screamed in her lung after kept silent this whole moment. 

"I'm sorry that we can see each other after 10 years only to be separated forever. Saranghae my baby shinnie"

With that, her attention back to the man who already stood by his feet and readily hit the woman with his sledge hammer. Every hard hit he gave her, more hysterical shinhye's screams. She also tried with all her might to go out from the wardrobe. But, her strenght wasn't compatible with how hard her mom tried blocked the door while took every hit from the crazy man. 

"JUST DIE YOU TRASH REPORTER!!!!" the man yelled.

"NO!!! EOMMAAA!!! EOMMAA!!!!

********************

 

"Eomma!!!!" shinhye scream and open her eyes abruptly. She also unintentionally get up from her sleep position. 

The moment she screamed, all people in the room startled and abruptly wake up. Even they are a bit annoyed being woken up at the middle of the night, but, as they heard someone sobbing, one of the girl quickly turn on the lamp. As the lamp finally lighten up the room, they gasp when founding shinhye already cover her face and cried out all her nerves.

"Shinhye-ssi.. What happenned?" the closer girl worriedly ask her. 

As shinhye has no intended to speak up, the girls just surrounding around shinhye, and one of them also hugging her while her back. The oldest lady also caressing her head, heartily try to soothe her. And this act magicly calming her down as her sobbing slowly stop and subtitute by her sniffing sound.

And after 5 minutes crying on the girl shoulder, shinhye release her self and awkwardly wiping her tears and her running nose. Her gesture just make all the girls in the room chuckle, amusing by her childish antics, yet they found it as a cute thing.

"So, can you tell us, why you're crying?" the girl named Yoo In Na who hugged shinhye ask. As shinhye shake her head trying to tell them that she is okay, let out a hiccup. This make all girls laugh and shinhye only can face palming herself.

"It's okay. Even you're the youngest here, it's not a bad thing to let yourself comfort around us. There is no need for you to be too polite with us. After all, we're family now" the oldest girl named Choi Jiwoo, sit beside shinhye and help her to wipe her tears and sweats. 

"Gomawo eonnie" shinhye genuinely smile "I just have a nightmare which feel like a reality" 

"What kind of nightmare until make you crying this bad?" the other girl named Go Hye Sun ask.

As shinhye know that she can't hide it by herself, she willingly tell them how was her dream. But, as she remember again that scary scene, her eyes get teary without her notice. Her tears also unknowingly drip on her check.

"I'm not really sure, but it look like there was a mad man chasing after me, and then he tried to kill me with a sledge hammer. But, I hide in a wardrobe at the dim room, more like a storage. As he found where I hide, there was my mom who helped me but that mad man killed her with the hammer right after my eyes".

As shinhye finished her stories, all girls gasp and have no words to describe how shock they are. Her stories taken them all back and they only can give a sadly stare to the crying girl.

"Sushh.. It's okay.. It's just a nightmare. You don't have to worried about it."

"Ji woo- eonnie is right. Don't overthinking about it" the girl the one who turn on the light added. And her name is Song Hye kyo. And shinhye nodding her head after hearing them.

"Here. Drink this water." Yoo In Na give a glass of water she got from downstair.

Shinhye carefully gulp the water, and she stop her crying as well. After feel more comfort, shinhye thanking the girls (well, actually they are only 4 girls which I already said their names) one by one. She feel happy and comfort knowing them care about her. This is the first time ever she got loved from other girl. This time along, her colleague hate her because they think she is being too friendly with Jongsuk (the prince charming at her faculty).

 

On other hand, one of the man room is still in chaos since Lee Minho open up the stories about shinhye .

"Heol!"

"Daebak!"

"I'm Speechless!"

That's all the only word they can said. They have no idea if the relationship of shinhye and the other can linger around them.

"So, Shinhye-noona is minho hyung's student at his campus where he is being an intern. Jongsuk hyung is her bestie in there, meanwhile yonghwa hyung is her childhood friend since junior high school. And now, jonghyun also becoming her friend since they're in same age." jungshin explain what he got from their conversation. Even he got what they shared, but, he still confuse about this complicated relationship. 

"This destiny is surely amazing. She is lucky can know all of you, hyung" minhyuk comment.

"But, if shinhye is yonghwa-hyung childhood friend, why she think you're a stranger, hyung?" jonghyun ask the point problem. 

Before yonghwa answer the question, his face becoming gloomy, and an exaggerate sigh also coming out unintentionally from his mouth. "She forget about me. Cause she has been experienced disassosiative amnesia"

All men gasp. This reality is beyond their imagination. 

"My mom said that she experienced it since junior high school. Exactly, after we're graduated. And due to something unexplainable reason, shinhye moved to Jeju-ddo and her family closed all information about her for her own safety." yonghwa added. 

"I'm sorry to hear that" all of them said. 

Yonghwa nodding his head before a ring of his phone disturb their conversation. 

"Yeobseo. Eomma?" he answer the call.

"Oh adeul?! Do you know shinhye's mother? Have you ever met her? Did shinhye tell you about her or her job? Is she a journalist?" his mom ask one question after another, letting her words come in one breath.

"Slow down, mom. What's going on?" 

"Ani.. It just.. I've found a news about a journalist being murdered in Jeju-ddo at the time when you'd your graduation holiday. It said that she got a jackpot information about Hanwoo Group and went to Jeju-ddo to get more evidence, but caughted in action by them. As she tried to escaped, her own daughter and friends also watched the transaction which made them being killed as well. It said only one person was save, but there is no word who is that". she explain the whole news which make the guys who heard it get thumping heart beat as yonghwa purposely let the call on speaker mode.

"Are you already confirmed the news, eomma?" yonghwa ask in a low voice, get weak after time to time. 

"Not really. I just informed you right after I got the news. But, don't worry, I will give my all to get more information about it. After all, this is the first time ever you asked me a favor. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter