A Trip?

Portraying Your Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun already made an appearance which make the sky full of the beautiful glitter. But, as the extremely cold caressing her silky and smooth face, shinhye pulled her blanket most likely covering her body until it reach a half of her face. She wriggling on her bed without knowing if Mrs. Lee just silently giggles looking at her cuteness and adorable gesture.

"Aisssshh.. It's really cold." 

Shinhye murmur to herself. She barely open her eyes, indicating that she can't back to sleep again yet too lazy to leave bed. She just feel exhausted after spending a good time with the kids last night. 

As they finished giving gifts to all children last night, shinhye forcely asked to sing 'Three bears' song and 'Twinkle little star' followed by the guitar that was playing by jonghyun. She also had asked to read a story book about pinocchio by the little girl who is so captivated by her presence which made her sleep very late in the midnight. But, even it was drain up her energy, she surely was having fun and has no regret about whatever she done last night. 

But, due the coldness that was hitting her last night, Mrs. Lee allowed shinhye to sleep in her son room which being left after he moved out to Canada. Meanwhile the other members went to the near villa which just take 20 minutes from the orphanage. 

"By the way, what time is it?" 

Shinhye finally pull off the blanket in search of her phone. But, as she can't find it around the bed, she annoyingly get up and surprise to see Mrs. Lee smile sweetly while holding her phone and leaning her back at the door.

"You left it on the bench last night" As Mrs.Lee step in to the room, shinhye hurriedly standing up beside the bed. But, she suddenly jolted as Mrs.Lee put the phone on the top of her head "Next time, make sure you've nothing lost before going to bed. Okay?"  

"Ah, ndee.. I'm sorry and thank you, ahjumma" shinhye awkwardly smile and get the phone from her before put it into her pocket. 

"It's okay. Come' on. Let's have breakfast" Mrs.Lee start to leave but, as she can't sense shihye's movement, she turning back. "Why? Something wrong? Are you hurt somewhere?" her question just get silent from shinhye "Then, why? You've no appetite for breakfast? Or you want some tea?"

Shinhye just keep silent before she reached for her phone and get shock looking at the plently number of unanswered phone call. She can know if it must be from her dad and her loving grandpa. But, what make her more shock is the time that showing 09.00 a.m in her screen phone. She then anxiously peeking to look at the worried woman who is now already standing before her eyes.

"What happened dear?do you have still caught fever?"

"Umm, No... I'm fine. I already feel much better. It just nothing" but then again, the silly girl hiccuping after telling a lies. So, she just bend her head down, facing the floor.

"You're aware that you can't tell a lies ,right?" 

"Ahh, mianhae ahjumma. It just.. I feel ashamed of myself" she tell her with no courage to lift up her face. But, as Mrs. Lee ask her reason, she slowly facing her anxiously "Umm.. First of all, I just want to ask your apologize for my bad behaviour. I'm deeply sorry, ahjumma" she bow before keeping on her endlessly eloquence. 

"Actually, I'm aware that I'm the newbie here, over and above I'm the outsider who suddenly enter your life yet you kindly let me use your son room. But, as the uninvited guest I unashamedly just lazily doing nothing here when you busily preparing breakfast at the kitchen. So, I think I've no right to join your family having breakfast. Thank you very much. And I'm so sorry ahjumma" then again she bow to her

"But, don't worry, I will wash the dishes. Just keep it as my repayment for lending me this room to sleep" she quickly added.

Mrs. Lee just keep staring her without giving any answer. Her unreadable expression is written all over her face. It surely make shinhye nervous. She has no idea, if she just did the right thing or messed up everything. So, she just smile awkwardly to her.

"Umm.. Ahjumma. Are you mad at me?" she carefully ask. As she didn't get any respond, she fastly change the topic. "But, it's okay. I will just leave then. I'm sorry for disturbing you" she quickly grab all her stuff. Well, it's actually just her coat, her handbag, and clothes in her backpack, so it's not take much of time for her to recollect them all before going out from the room.

But, just before shinhye can leave the room, Mrs. Lee abruptly stopped her step."You think you can just leave like that?" 

"Nde?" 

"Do you think I will allow you to leave?"

"Well..... I don't know. Maybe you will?" she ask carefully "Or won't?" she nervously ask her while making a cute sad face.

"Tchh" Mrs. Lee chuckle. Her smile slowly can be visible again. "Of course I won't. You should have breakfast with us. And clean up your body before helping me make some cookies for the kids. Arasseo?"

"But-"

"No rejection. Because this is injuctions" she strictly command her and take off all shinye's stuff before drag her in to the kitchen.

********************

 

So, without any option, shinhye just coming along with her into the kitchen. In there, Mr. Lee is having a light conversation with yonghwa who is also joined him in laughter. The way they laugh and how loud their laughter is surely look alike. If not because of their different appearance, they would be undoubtly thought as the father and son. 

And when they notice the messy young lady and the smiling middle aged woman getting in to the kitchen, they stop their discussion and focus their interest to them. But, the two of man are frowning their brow noticing shinhye who just keep looking at the floor from the moment she enter the kitchen until already joined them at the dinning table.

"Yeobo-ah. What did you do to shinhye until she must fold her face?" 

Mr. Lee ask as he can't help must to hold back his laughter. He hardly try to ask as calm as he can, which to make shinhye unnotice with his act. And Mrs. Lee just let a giggles answering his question while serving the food on to the table.

"Shinhye-ah, kwenchana?" 

Yonghwa ask worriedly whose action is the opposite of Mr. Lee as his worried expression clearly visible from his face to his voice. At first shinhye just shaking her head even she was a bit startled when yonghwa called her in a sweet manner. But, right after yonghwa landing his palm on her forehead which trying to feel her temperature after he just standing up from his seat, make shinhye jolt and quickly lifting up her head. But, her natural action is lead her to the more embarassed moment cause yonghwa can notice the tint pink blush on her check.

"Your face is look redden, your temperature also a bit warm. Are you still have a fever?" he is oblivously asking her. But, his question just get another shaking head. "Then, why your face is redden? Something wrong?"  his question also get another shaking head before she start hiccuping which make yonghwa confuse and take his hand off from her. "Wae? So, there is something wrong? What is that? Is it because you fell hurt somewhere or this place is just too cold for you? Just tell me. It's okay." his unstoppable question left Mr & Mrs Lee smiling ear to ear looking at his adorable affection.

"Kwenchana-yo yonghwa-ssi. It's nothing" she answer yet she keep hicupping and let her vision back to the floor. 

Her answer obviously make yonghwa disappointed, the way she called him also make his worried expression change into the helpless one. After almost feeling happy knowing his expectant thought become a real, he must be refrain himself as shinhye is surely forget everything about him.

"Oh, okay then" he back to his seat before getting lost into his own thought. "Maybe it just me who is too highly expecting her blush as she finally remember me after I made skinship with her" he thought.

"Aigoo ya... Here, drink this tea." Mrs. Lee quickly offering shinhye a cup of tea, she just trying to lessen up the awkward moment between the young oblivious couple. "You know that you can't lying. So, just be honest. You sure have something wrong, right?" she carefully ask the young lady.

At first shinhye reluctant to answer, she also keep taking a glance to yonghwa who just endlessly sighing by himself. But, as Mr & Mrs. Lee kindly let a comfort smile, while yonghwa still too immersed in his own world, shinhye just nodding her head and her hiccup stopping immediately.

"Good. There is no ashamed to be honest with ourself, right?" Mrs. Lee ask when shinhye just nodding her head. "Chaa~ Let's take breakfast. Bon Appetitte~" she cheerfully said after finally sit beside her husband and yonghwa finally back to reality as he smile and start munching his meal. His loving stare to shinhye is the unstoppable thing as she eat her food ravishingly. And Mr & Mrs. Lee fastly catch their loving moment. 

 

 

The atmospher at the dinning table is in a warm and nice one, everyone busily munching their food while telling everything about anything in their life. Shinhye also quickly can feel comfortable again surrounding by the kind people and she is heartily smiling hearing their stories. 

But, the breaker moment is suddenly make an appearance as they just shout angrily to the young man which now is coughing over his food. 

"Kyaaa!! Hyung!!! You're s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter