Life's Just A Matter of Luck

Unexpectable Fate

  So dizzy...flashbacks of when he was a kid...those sweet memories, not till two years ago, everything just changed. Alot.

  The sunlight shone through the gap between the curtains. After several attempts to get back to sleep, Donghae finally gave up. He got up and looked around his room while yawning. Suddenly, he remembered about yesterday. "Yesterday...I wish to go back in time though..." Just as he got up and was about to head for the bathroom, his eyes met with the time on the clock.

"Damn it ! I'm late for school !!" Donghae then got himself changed in a haste, picked up his bag and left for school.

As usual, he cycled to school, this time, as fast as he could. "Rushing cause more accidents and is time consuming..." He had this thought in his mind until he arrived at the school entrance. Good grief ! he just arrived before the second bell rang. The moment, Donghae entered the class and head for his seat, he was panting.

Siwon, who sat beside him looked at him from head to toe. "Huh, looks like you're out of breath. I feel sorry for you though...your father..."

Donghae stared at Siwon. "What?" Siwon asked puzzled at why Donghae was looking at him like that.

Donghae exhaled deeply. "Nothing..."

The teacher came into the class. "Ok class, please take out your physics book..."

Donghae froze for a moment. The book wasn't with him. He tried recalling back about yesterday. "That blonde, wait...I must had left it behind..."Too bad the teacher was strict and Donghae had to stand throughout the whole physics class as a consequence of not having a book.

Finally, it was recess. The students all rushed to the cafeteria while Donghae made his way to find where the blonde was. " Did he took it on purpose and not return or did I just left it behind.."Donghae was busy wondering when he walked past his locker and saw a note on it.

"What's this?" he wondered.

It read:

If I'm not wrong, you must be Lee Donghae-ssi from the class next door. I really wanted to return you this book but...the moment you yelled at me, I was holding the book but... I didn't have the chance to return it to you. I'm really sorry, I should be careful...

 From: Eunhyuk

Donghae held the note in his hand deep in thought, "So the blonde's name is Eunhyuk..I see...I guess it was me who left the book behind". He reached for the book on the top of the locker and dumped it into his locker. He crumpled the note and threw it on the ground then he made his way to the cafeteria. He didn't notice someone was watching him.

Eunhyuk was watching. " Heartless...guess the saying never judge a book by its cover is really true..." He came out from where he was hiding, and he too, made his way to the cafeteria.

Donghae sat beside Siwon and had his sandwich. Siwon looked at him. "You found your book already?"

Donghae nodded. "The blonde's name is Eunhyuk. Kinda odd..."

"He returned it to you?"

"No. He left a note on my locker..."

Siwon continued eating his lunch. He wondered why Donghae wasn't angry at the blonde. "Well, maybe it was his fault of leaving the book behind so he didn't blame the blonde..."

Recess was soon over and the students head back to their classes.

During the next classes, the students were told about a dance performance in pairs. The class next door was brought over too. The two classes were to be combined. Obviously, many girls wanted to be paired with either Donghae or Siwon. Donghae leaned close to Siwon and whispered, " I don't wish to be with any of them..."

As time passed, almost all students got paired. The remaining students were Donghae, Siwon, Eunhyuk and another female student.

Donghae prayed not to get paired with the blonde.

"The next pair---Lee Donghae and Lee Hyuk Jae".

For a moment, Donghae had no idea that the blonde, Eunhyuk was Lee Hyuk Jae until he saw who came out. He was speechless for a second.

"Wait ! I'm paired up with HIM???" Donghae asked. "It's unreasonable, don't I have the right to choose?"

The teacher cleared his throat. "LEE DONGHAE!"

Donghae was swearing non-stop in his mind. "Why do I have to be with this person. ARGH!! I 'm definately not gonna dance with him!" He then glanced over at Eunhyuk. He was calm. "Eunhyuk...Lee Hyuk Jae...is Lee Hyuk Jae his real name? At least, I'm glad I don't have to dance today..."

*******************************

  On the way back, Donghae was obviously in a terrible mood. Siwon decided to console him but Donghae hated being consoled.

"So...so unexpected to get paired up with...what's his name again?"

Donghae said nothing.

"Oh! I got it ! Eunhyuk~" Siwon exclaimed. Siwon then turned to Donghae. "Thinking about Eunhyuk?"

Donghae glared at Siwon. "I am hell not thinking about him"

Siwon smirked. "LOL...I'm going now. See ya tomorrow!" He separated and headed for his own home.

Donghae glanced up at the clear blue sky. "Well, life is life...gotta face things you never expect...but it just seems that bad luck always falls on me..."

He soon arrived at his condo. He unlocked the door and went in. He was surprisingly shock to see who was sitting on his sofa.

The guy looked up. "Hi. Long time no see..."

"How the hell did you get into my house!!?? HENRY LAU!"

Henry was Donghae's favourite cousin and it had been a long time since their families last went on a trip to Jeju.

Henry scoffed at first. Then he guffawed. "Oh Donghae~ you're such a listless person. You left you're door unlocked.

Donghae banged hard on the door. "..."

Henry laughed again. "Look! you're swearing at yourself ! LOL!"

Donghae managed to calm down and he sat beside Henry. "So, why are you here?"

"Well, I heard about your father but...that's not the reason why I'm here..."

"What is it then?"

"It's that your stepmother is going to marry off to another man and that you are...free! ".

Donghae was already cheering and clapping his hands. "Wow! THAT"S THE GREATEST THING I EVER HEARD IN MY 18 YEARS OF LIFE!"

"Glad you are happy~" Henry chuckled. "I should get going~"

"Okay then~ shall I accompany you home?"

"No thanks. "

Henry was about to leave when out of the blue. "Wait! I have something important to ask".

Donghae's face grew serious. "What?"

"Do you have a crush already?"

"What??!!! Listen up, I have no crush okay?".

Henry burst out laughing. "I know...I was just joking, but you take things too seriously. Haha. See ya!"

Donghae slammed the door. "Glad to hear great news at least.." "Why do people always ask that question anyway...I have NO crush".

 

A/N: Dear readers, here's another chapter, hope you enjoy reading it! I'll try my best to write out good chapters.Love you all!! :D Please leave your comments!! Thanks!