Dwelling Upon Memories

Unexpectable Fate

 It was early in the morning, probably the last morning in New York. Donghae was still in his sleep, having some peaceful dreams when all of a sudden, the peacefulness shattered into pieces.

"DONGHAE~ WAKE UP!! Come on, get up of bed!"

Donghae rubbed his sleepy eyes and whoever who woke him up like this, he was going to swear at him. Donghae finally opened his eyes and he could see Siwon standing in front of him.

" you…" He cursed to Siwon and went back to sleep.  A few minutes later, Donghae noticed Siwon was still there.

"Argh…" Donghae got up of bed at last. He looked around the room, Eunhyuk wasn't there.

"Siwon, where did Eunhyuk go?"

"Oh, Donghae, you are up. Eunhyuk went over to our room for more strawberry milk or something." Siwon chuckled. "Guess he's really addicted to it…"

Donghae stood up and did some stretching. "Yeah…he is awfully addicted to strawberry milk. Let me go get ready first. I'll be done in 10 minutes".

"Okay, I'll be at Henry's room".

Donghae ruffled his hair. He was starting to get a little worried about Eunhyuk because for the past few days, he had been drinking them no matter where they were at and in every photo they had taken at the landmarks, Eunhyuk was always holding a bottle of strawberry milk.

Donghae sighed once again, and quickly got himself prepared.

*************************

"Eunhyuk, do you play Starcraft?" Kyuhyun asked enthusiastically, hoping the answer is a yes but….unfortunately it was no.

It was already unbelievable enough that Kyuhyun played computer games at late night despite the fact he would be a bit drunk every time they arrived back at the hotel late at night.

Out of the blue, Eunhyuk told Kyuhyun that Donghae was a nice guy.

"Well, yeah he is,  just that he gets a little aggressive sometimes. Still, there are many girls out there who are in love with him and Siwon…"

"Oh…"

Kyuhyun lied down on the sofa and looked at the ceiling above. It's so nice to have someone to talk with…wish I had a sibling...

"Oh, Eunhyuk, do you have any sibling?"

There was a long silence. "I used to…" Eunhyuk said.

"Oh… I'm sorry to ask," Kyuhyun regretted it because Eunhyuk seemed really unhappy.

There was a knock on the door and Donghae came in. He noticed the room was silent and Eunhyuk seemed to be unhappy.

"Cho Kyuhyun".

"Oh…Donghae, you are here. Eunhyuk was enjoying the strawberry milk here…"

Donghae ignored Kyuhyun and sat beside Eunhyuk. "Baby, what's wrong? You looked unhappy".

Eunhyuk tried to hide his feelings. "I am fine, just that I thought of something in the past".

Donghae bushed his thin lips against Eunhyuk's. "Come on, let's go have some breakfast and today we are going to the central park you wanted to go the other day~"

Eunhyuk smiled. It was cheerful and lively to have Donghae around. He stood up. "Let's go!"

"Kyuhyun, aren't you having breakfast?" Donghae called  out to Kyuhyun who had his eyes on his PSP.

"I am coming. Wait. Let me win this race first…"

Donghae smirked. "Whatever,  we will be at the second floor".

Donghae and Eunhyuk went across the hallway to call Henry and Siwon but they were already gone, probably already having a buffet breakfast down at the second floor.

Exactly as thought, when Donghae and Eunyuk arrived at the second floor, they spotted Henry and Siwon loading the food on their plates. They got themselves some food too and settled down together.

"Such gluttons," Donghae told the other too who were eating up the pile of food on their plates.

"We are going to the central park today right? Let's exercise then," Henry told Siwon who nodded in agreement.

Donghae ate his French toast as he waited for Eunhyuk to come. He was sure Eunhyuk would come back with strawberry milk.

Eunhyuk made his way carefully to where they were sitting. He had brought himself some strawberry milk and teacake. He then placed a plate of kiwis on the table.

"Donghae, this is for you. I heard you like kiwis".

Donghae beamed. "Thanks but how did you know I like kiwis?"

Eunhyuk giggled. "I spotted several kiwis in your kitchen on the day of my birthday party…"

How sweet, Donghae thought.

Kyuhyun arrived later with a plate of fruit tarts and his PSP. "Morning guys…" He then sat down and ate his fruit tarts while he played his PSP.

"Have your breakfast fast, we are leaving to the park later. We are leaving tonight remember?"

The game monster nodded.

******************************

Upon arriving at the park later, Henry and Siwon went jogging together, leaving Kyuhyun, Donghae and Eunhyuk together. The three guys strolled together until they arrived at The Band Shell. Donghae and Kyuhyun had their eyes on skaters and their stunts.

"Let's do some skating!" Kyuhyun went ahead to find a place to rent skates.

"Eunhyuk, do you want to come along too? It would be really fun!"

But Eunhyuk shook his head. "Sorry Hae, but I don't know how to skate…"

"Oh…that's okay, I'll teach you!" Donghae insisted.

Eunhyuk thought for a moment. "It's fine, I will go get some ice cream to eat then come back and watch you guys play".

"Well then, I'll get going now! I will show you some of my own stunts when you come back," Donghae winked at Eunhyuk and went after Kyuhyun.

Eunhyuk watched them disappear through the group of skaters.  He decided to have a little walk around the park. Along his way, he saw a boy taking an ice cream away from a younger boy and running away with the younger boy chasing him. It reminded Eunhyuk about him and Ryeowook..

 

(4 years ago)

It was summer and their family went out for a picnic at a park. Eunhyuk and Ryeowook were both really looking forward for it. They arrived at the park and finally found a good spot to settle down.

"Mum, can we hang out around the park," Ryeowook asked pleadingly.

"Oh, of course dear, but be careful," his mother warned.

"Let's go~" before Eunhyuk got to drink his strawberry milk, Ryeowook had already grabbed his hand and brought him away from his bottle of strawberry milk. Eunhyuk never get angry at his younger brother, he just adores him too much.

"Wookie, let's go have some ice-cream," he suggested.

Ryeowook beamed sweetly at Eunhyuk and nodded.

They arrived at an ice-cream shop nearby.

"I'd like…chocolate".

Eunhyuk laughed. "Okay…" So they ordered a strawberry ice cream and a chocolate ice cream.

While Ryeowook wasn't noticing, Eunhyuk came across a mischievous idea.

"Wookie, look over there!  H.O.T's here!!"

"Where?" Ryeowook asked.

"Over there!"

When Ryeowook was looking far ahead, Eunhyuk took his cup of ice-cream and ran away. It was only then Ryeowook realized he was tricked and he chased Eunhyuk.

 

 Eunhyuk remembered that Ryeowook got his ice cream back but from then on, he became more protective of his belongings or food. Eunhyuk chuckled, he felt sorry for Ryeowook though.  Oh how he missed him. He had one long walk around the park, with old memories filled in his mind, and he finally came back to where Donghae and Kyuhyun were.

"Hyukkie!" Donghae called out. "Watch this!"

Donghae did a 180 degrees spin in the air then he waltzed and spinned.

"Ttta—dda,"

Eunhyuk clapped but he was so worried. Donghae reassured Eunhyuk that he's a skating pro and there's no need to worry.

"Hey! Watch me!" Kyuhyun called out and he started skating backwards and picked up his speed as he spinned and skated across the skating area. Then he did the stairs backwards and came back to where Eunhyuk and Donghae stood.

"Ttta-dda," Kyuhyun stood proudly in front of Donghae. "How was it?"

Unwillingly, Donghae admitted it was great.

Then, Henry and Siwon came jogging to them. "We are back~"

They gathered together and settled down under the shade.

"By this time, I guess we lost several kilos…" Henry said.

"You should have joined us in skating. It's great!" Kyuhyun told them.

"Anyway, we had a really fantastic time today…"

They were having a deep conversation,while Eunhyuk went to sit by the fountain nearby.  The park gave him further memories of him and Ryeowook. In front of him, he could see an old lady feeding the pigeons. Ryeowook enjoyed feeding the pigeons a lot and he would even chase them when he was younger. Eunhyuk turned and looked at the beautiful fountain.

"Throw a coin in it and make a wish!"

He remembered Ryeowook would always tell him that whenever they saw a fountain. He never did it thought because he felt silly and absurd doing it; instead he would watch Ryeowook threw a coin into the fountain and making a wish.  When Ryeowook asked if he had done it too, he would just lie that he did. Ryeowook believed him.

Eunhyuk took out a coin from his wallet. "Ryeowook…now, here I am, standing in front of a fountain, only now, first time throwing a coin and making a wish…" Eunhyuk dropped the coin and made a wish.

When Eunhyuk opened his eyes, he was surprised to see the others standing beside him and making wishes.

"Hae…"

Donghae opened his eyes. "Yeah?"

The others had also finished making wishes.

"This is great!" Siwon complimented.

Henry looked at his watch. "Guess we have to leave now, guys. Let's go, my parents would be waiting for us."

So, they left the park and headed for the hotel first.

Eunhyuk held Donghae's hands tight. "Hae, today's a great day…"

 

*********************************

A/N: I am sure to have lots of grammar mistakes here….=__= . Well, in this chap. I decided to emphasize a little more about Eunhyuk and his past. Hope you enjoy reading ! Tell me what you think of the fanfic, maybe I can improve it… Thanks for reading my fanfic so far, I appreciate it ^^