Overhear

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon still sleepy but she tried to get up from her bed. She walked to the kitchen. She thought about preparing breakfast for her and Hyomin. But before she reached the kitchen she found Hwayoung was slathering the chocolate jam over the slice of bread in the dining table. And Hyomin was also there. She's reading her morning paper next to Hwayoung. Jiyeon stopped her step then turned around. She intended to go back to her room but Hwayoung noticed her.

Hwayoung :"Does she always wake up at this hour? Such a lazy girl! Are you sure that she's your first love? I thought she's a perfect girl or something".

Hyomin coughed so hard and tried to stop Hwayoung revealing her secret even more. Jiyeon tried to hide her smile then join them in the dining table. 

Jiyeon      :"I didn't even know that I'm her first love. Thanks for telling me". She snatched the bread from Hwayoung's hand.

Hwayoung:"Yah! It's for Hyomin. You can make it for yourself. Hyomin-ah what's wrong with her attitude?".

Jiyeon       :"I can have this bread, right Hyomin-ah?". Hyomin just nodded and smiled. 

Hyomin     :"It's okay. I can make it myself".She grabbed a slice of bread then started spreading jam on it.

Hwayoung:"Woah you're so sweet Hyomin-ah. You've just told me that she's annoying, you don't like her attitude and you regret loving her in the past. And now you act nice toward her. You're such a hypocrite".

Jiyeon      :"Did you really tell her that? Tsk tsk.. You sound like a hypocrite".She shook her head.

Hyomin    :"Yeah I'm a hypocrite. So what?".

Hwayoung:"I don't believe you now. what if you still love her or something?".

Jiyeon       :"Eyy it's too much... Don't be jealous!  She only loves you, I know that".

Hyomin     :"(she doesn't have feelings for me. I think I should stop here). She pretended like didn't hear anything.

Jiyeon       :"Hyomin-ah you don't love me, right?".She asked.

Hyomin     :"Huh? of course not".

Hwayoung:"But still. I don't believe you Hyomin-ah. I've changed my mind. Let's live together here".

Hyomin     :"Yah we have decided to live in your house".

Jiyeon       :"Good idea!  You shouldn't leave me alone here. Don't worry Hyomin-ah, I won't bother you. You can still have fun with your girlfriend. Don't mind me".

Hyomin     :"No. I can't".

Jiyeon       :"Just for few days, Hyomin-ah. I'll go home soon. I can't leave my mother alone".

Hyomin     :"Hm... Alright. Now I have to go work".She stood up.

Hwayoung:"Don't you kiss me or something?".

Hyomin     :"Huh? Okay come here!".Then she kissed Hwayoung. 

Jiyeon       :"Eww...".She looked away.

Hyomin     :"Don't mind her. She's just homophobic. I'll be home late tonight. Don't wait up for me".She caressed Hwayoung's hair.

Hwayoung:"Okay. Take care of yourself, Sweetie!".

*****

After Hyomin left, Hwayoung asked Jiyeon some questions. 

Hwayoung:"Jiyeon ssi, how did you meet Hyomin for the first time?".

Jiyeon       :"I don't remember. Why you ask me? Just ask her directly".

Hwayoung:"She has told me. But I just need to confirm it".

Jiyeon       :"Tsk tsk.. why is it hard for you to trust your girlfriend?".

Hwayoung:"She doesn't flirt with you, right? I think she likes you".

Jiyeon       :"Oh my god. I don't think she likes me. Why do lesbian couples get jealous so easily? I'm not into girl and she knows that".

Hwayoung:"Good. Don't try to change your mind, Jiyeon ssi. I'll keep an eye on you from now on".

Jiyeon       :"Araso. Don't worry".

*****

Hyomin continued to investigate Mr.Park's case. She'd got an evidence from Secretary of Mr.Park's business rival. His rival had hired someone from Mr.Park's company to screw his company up by making illegal transaction in Mr.Park name. After collected the evidence she met Mr.Park and explained all to him.

Mr.Park   :"I told you I'm innocent. I run my company legally. So, when will they release me? I miss Jiyeon already. thanks for taking care of my daughter, Hyomin ssi".

Hyomin   :"Your lawyer will be here, you can ask him. I will tell Jiyeon later. I'm sure she must be so happy to hear this news".

Mr.Park   :"No no.. not now Hyomin ssi. May I ask you a favor? I will be very grateful if you can help me this time".

Hyomin   :"What can I do to help?".

Mr.Park   :"Please come closer". Then he told Hyomin his demand.

Hyomin   :"What? I'm sorry, Sir. I can't".She refused to help after listening his demand. 

Mr.Park   :"Why? Is that because you like my daughter or something? I won't forget what happened years ago, Hyomin ssi".

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter