Runaway

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon's POV

Tonight is my birthday party. my daddy said he had prepared a surprise for me. When I hear a "surprise" word from my daddy's mouth, I got a bad feeling immediately. Because his surpris always succeed to make my heart  jumps out my chest. Now my stylist doing make up on me and preparing my dress for tonight. Actually,  I got a beautiful dress from a small boutique near my college a week ago but when I showed it to my parents, they immediately seized it from me and burned it in front of me. They said my fashion sense is so cheap and awful and I need to learn more about high-, end fashion. Okay I admit it I don't really understand about high end fashion trend but I think I could still choose the best dress that suit me for my bithday party. Uh like always, this time I will not argue with them and I'll wear what they'd chosen for me.

My parents always say they want all the best for me, they don't wanna see any flaws in my life, They want me to be perfect, but they never understand what I really want deep in my heart.  I try to accept it and try to live peacefully in their rules but sometimes they go too far and that really frustrate me. When they tell me to do this or that, I will do it without arguing and complaining. I put aside my selfishness and try to be a good daughter for them. But it's like, those are not enough for them, they want me to sacrifice even more. 

"Ok done. Now please show your parents, i hope they are satisfied with your make up?". The stylist unnie had done her job well.

"No. enough Unnie. It's beautiful I like it". I don't think I should show them my makeup, cuz I'm sure they will criticize it no matter what".

Then i heard someone open the door "Oh no, Please remove it! It's so awful. What products did you apply on my daughter's face? I told you to use the best cosmetics products but...". My mom gave her comment right after she entered the room, then she grabbed the cosmetics products from the makeup case and looked closely at the brand "Gosh what brand is this? This ls so cheap and low quality products, how could you put it on my daughter's face?".

I was so upset, why she kept mentioning about brands, quality, price, class,  level? I'm done with my arrogant parents, why they judge everything by the price?. "Mom please... cut it out! I'm tired of your speech about price and quality. I like this brand, so stop complaining!  The party is about to start, no time for fixing my makeup". I stood up then walked out of the room, I heard my mom shouted my name but I didn't give a damn and kept on walking.

*****

AUTHOR's POV

Jiyeon's father was waiting for her in front of her room. 

Jiyeon    :"What are you doing here, dad?".

Mr.Park :"He and his family are here".

Jiyeon   :"Who?".

Mr.Park :"Your present from me. He's a special guest in your party".

Jiyeon   :"Who is he?". *Totally clueless

Mr.Park :"Your future husband, your fiance, his name is Yoo Seung Ho".

Jiyeon   :"What? Are you kidding me? I won't get married".

Mr.Park :"Unfortunately, you can't refuse it Park Jiyeon. I've prepared you a surprise for your birthday, you should say thank to your daddy".

Jiyeon   :"No daddy nooo... I don't even know him, why should I marry him? This is too much, I can't stand this anymore. I won't do that, never".

Mr.Park :"Jiyeon-ah i can't call off this engagement party, I've prepared all, I've invited all my friends and my business colleagues. I don't wanna lose my face for canceling it. Listen! Seung Ho family is so rich, not only rich but they have a great reputation among the upper class society. His father is active in politics and business, you know what? If this marriage succeed, it will give advantage to us. We plan to merge our companies after your marriage, with their great reputation, that will help us to increase our stock price in the stock market and will give us more income. It will increase our wealth ranking for sure".

Jiyeon   :"Oh my god, that's a great plan dad. Then you wanna sell me to increase your wealth? Are you ing kidding me? Isn't all your money now enough for you? So you want more? You're such a greedy man".

Mr.Park :"it's not for me, but I will leave all to you when I die. You can live in this luxurious life because of me, because of this greedy father, remember it!".

Jiyeon    :"But I don't even know him, how could I marry him".

Mr.Park  :"Tonight is just an engagement not a wedding. You have more time to know each other before your get married".

Jiyeon    :"Why don't you tell me about this before the engagement? Why so sudden? I don't love him dad".

Mr.Park  :"I don't ask you to love him , I just want you to marry him. Stop complaining now let's meet them".

Jiyeon    :"Should I do this to please you?".

Mr.Park  :"Yeah you should becase you're my daughter".

Jiyeon     :"Ok, please give me 5 minutes. I forgot to wear my perfume".

Mr.Park   :"Please take your time, baby. I want to meet Seung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter