Himchan

Healing The Broken Wings

(Himchan’s POV)

 

“She’s inside her room,” Ahra answered before I could ask her where Hyemi was. She smirks victoriously after guessing the right thing. I smiled at her and turned around leaving Zelo and Ahra studying being all lovey-dovey towards each other, studying together.

I walked towards Hyemi’s room and knocked quickly, feeling impatient. “Wait for a sec!” Hyemi cried and so I had my hands behind me, waiting for her to open the door. I was astonished how different she looked like, wearing glasses as she peeks. What a cute nerd look! I figured, staring at her face. So cute!

 

“What?” she asked me that brought me back to my senses, “Just wanting to see what you’re doing?”

She rolled her eyes, annoyed, “This is SO like you. I’m doing my revision.”

“I’ll help!”

She put her pointer slightly near her lips, looking at me from above, “Your last History test, what did you get?”

“I got 84/100, ma’am!” I answered, giving a salute, playing around. She laughed softly and opened the door wider to let me in, “I guess that’s not bad.”

 

I walked into her room, amazed by how much papers are lying on the bed and on the small table that was put on the floor. “Wow,” I only wowed, not knowing what else to say.

“I’m sorry. This is quite normal for a school girl whose passion is art,” Hyemi stated, not wanting to be misunderstood for a lazy person. “And… I didn’t even realize how messy I am. I’m just too focused on my revising, I guess.”

 

I smiled at her, understanding. “But first, I’ll get you a drink,” she said. My intention was not to disturb her studying, but before I could stop her from doing that, she left. I looked at the papers that were written and drawn. Most of the drawings were from famous anime and some were just her original characters.

Hyemi sat beside me with a soda can in her hand, “here.” I put the can on the floor after receiving it, “So you love to draw characters from those Japanese Cartoons?”

“Anime,” she chuckled. “And yes, I do. If the world has gone out of papers, then I’ll just better jump off a cliff and die.” I laughed to her silly statement.

“What are you good at?”

“Playing traditional instruments.”

“W-will you show me one day?”

“Yeah, sure.”

 

She pulled out her pinky and smiled mischievously, “Promise me?”

I attached my pinky to hers and smiled, “Promise!”

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

It was already late and we both were tired. “Let’s have a snack downstairs!” Hyemi cheered when she confirmed that she finished her studying. I nodded, agreeing.

We both went to the kitchen where Ahra and Zelo were still studying together. “Hai, Hyung!” Zelo greeted and so I greeted him back.

 

“Hyemi, do you want to hang out after the exam?” I asked her as we sat about to eat our ice-creams.

“Where?”

“That’s a secret!”

She puffed her cheeks and continued to put in the ice-cream into . I stared at her, thinking how cute she was when suddenly her cheeks turned red, “Are you okay?” I was about to touch her forehead but she stopped me.

“It’s your fault!”

“Wh-what?”

“Stop staring at me!”

I smiled at her and pinched her cheek, “Don’t blame me. It’s your fault that you’re so beautiful!” She cringed at my cheesy words and laughed surprisingly.

 

I want to touch that face of yours, Hyemi.