Chanyeol

Healing The Broken Wings

(Chanyeol’s POV)

 

I realized that Minrin had been avoiding me the whole day and this upsets me – she didn’t even reply my messages and calls. I know it’s not like it was uncommon or something but I had this feeling that she was avoiding me.

And so curiosity wins over me. I wanted to know if she was really avoiding me and I wanted to ask her to explain why if she was.

I decided to follow her without her noticing as she walks inside the old restaurant but yet famous for its delicious meals in the neighborhood. I sat down at one table and covered my face using the menu. I watched Minrin as she went inside the staffroom and after a while, she went out wearing an employee uniform of the restaurant. She works here?!

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

I walked slowly towards the apartment that my friends and I rented together using the money that we piled up by working at the company as our part time job. I wasn’t actually questioned to why Minrin was working back there because every now and then, there are a lot of students working part time for money, either the money was for something useful or not.

But it was impossible that to be the reason why she was avoiding me – no one would actually believe that she doesn’t reply my messages or calls for THAT reason, right?

 

After thinking so much, I decided to call Minrin’s friend, Ahra, wanting to ask her about it.

 

“Hello?”

I gasped to hear Ahra’s voice that was deeper than usual. But it wasn’t Ahra, it was actually her boyfriend, Zelo. That gave me quite a shock, honestly.

“Hi, is Ahra there?”

“Why?”

“I want to talk to her?”

“What do you want to talk about?”

His tone sounded like he was angry. I realized that I was scared somehow as if like he was about to punch me through the phone. But then I heard someone whining at the background through it.

“Give me that!”

It was so noisy.

“Hi, sorry for that,” finally I could hear Ahra’s voice and that made me relieved.

“No, no… I understand. I wouldn’t want my girlfriend to talk with other guys too,” I chuckled.

I could hear her laughing through the phone and so I waited for her to stop.

“Can I ask you something about Minrin?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Is she avoiding me? I-I know this is going to sound childish but she hasn’t been replying my texts or even my calls.”

“Whoa. That’s weird.”

“I know rig-!”

“No, I mean YOU are weird. I mean it’s not a big deal, right?”

“Yes, it IS.”

 

I said feeling annoyed and also ashamed. She giggled and I only waited for that to end.

“I’m just joking. I don’t know anything about that, there!”

“I followed her today and I realized she had a part time job at XXX restaurant. You know anything about THAT?” I air quoted.

“Are you a stalker or something,” she bluffed. “But I do know one thing about that, she has been planning working for money to help her parents.”

Really?

“Oh okay. Thank you then and I’m sorry for bothering you.”

“Nah, that’s okay. Bye.”

 

After that call, I kept thinking to myself if Minrin’s family had some bill problems. Also in that call, I figured that maybe Ahra was forgetting something.

 

But whatever, I should ask Minrin herself.