Eun Ah/Yuna

Healing The Broken Wings

(Yuna’s POV)

 

Tired. So tiring. I had a part-time job after Chemistry and I had dark circles around my eyes that were worsening. I was so busy that I can’t have some time of my own or with my friends.

 

Kai called for my name with a song. “You still busy today?” I nodded to his question. He then pouted cutely at me, “You’re that busy that you don’t even reply my messages?”

Kai is called as the ‘Hottie’ at school, but he’s actually cute and understanding that made me quite confused to his personality.

“Yunnie!” His hands were waving in front of me, blocking my view as I was daydreaming. “Are you okay?” I gained consciousness and replied quickly, “I think about work too much, I’m sorry.”

He shook his head and planted his hand on my shoulder, “Don’t need to apologize.” His words made my heart lightened, glad to hear his caring words that warmed me.

 

“How about we hang out to relive that stress of yours?” I wasn’t in the mood to talk so I only nodded, absentmindedly. He frowned, “You’re too quiet today.”

I gave a leer and tormented, “Stop frowning, your fans will be blaming me for turning your smile upside down.” He rolled his eyes annoyingly, “Who cares?”

I laughed softly not wanting to burst my feminine. “So how about it, the ‘hang out’, I asked you?”

“I told you that I have a job later,” I told him, a little irritated. “And yeah, so after that?” He’s so pushing.

 

“After that, yes I can.”

“What time will your shift end?”

“Three.”

“Okay!”

 

After that short discussion, he bid goodbye and left with a happy face.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“Yuna! Need help here!” My co-worker called for me at the cashier. I went quickly as possible and saw the long line of customers waiting in front of the counter. It was never like that on Wednesdays. We only had 5 workers for the afternoon shift, so having that long line was really hard for us to finish up each requests.

“1 Choca Mocha and one Chocolate Cupcake stay, that would be 7 dollars and 98 sens,” I said and looked at the person wanting to take the cash nicely with a smile. But that smile got wider when the person was Kai.

 

“Kai!”

“I’ll wait for you to finish, okay?”

 

Kai waved his hands and walked away towards the table provided for the customers.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

I had been there for one hour only and my father, the manager, suddenly called for Hyunsoo and me. I was worried, of course. What did I do wrong? I didn’t do anything wrong, right?

“Hyungsoo, Yuna… You can go home now,” I couldn’t believe my father just said that – I mean he never let his employees to go back early, even if it was his own daughter. “Why?” I asked him, curious. “The other workers are already here early, so you two who ARE still students should have some spare time to do your own things,” he explained and then glanced at me. He smiled.

 

I went to the employee room to change and then remembered about Kai.

I went to his table after changing quickly and saw him concentrating to read the words in his book as he clings to his left arm.

“I’m done with my shift, so let’s go!”

Kai froze and then turned in to a smile.

 

He’s playing that Guessing Game again, leaving me confused to how he acts.

 

Well, just wait, Kai… I’ll own that game of yours.