I Got A Date

Kaisoo drabble

Jongin walked into his bedroom, stripping himself of his clothes as he walked and leaving a trail. By the time he reached his bed with minimal accidents he was down to a plain white v-neck and brightly colored striped boxer briefs. He had had a long day with dance practice, classes here and there, and some more practice. All Jongin wanted to do now was crawl into bed and sleep for hours on end. 

He was finally settled in bed, covers pulled up to his chin, one pillow under his head and another hugged up to his chest, when there was a knock on his front door. Jongin let out a frustrated groan and forcefully pulled the covers off him.  He was mad and he was definitely going to give the person behind the door a piece of his mind. He made his way through the small apartment and swung the door open. He was ready to yell at the person knocking, but his words got stuck in his throat when he realized the person knocking was Kyungsoo, his next door neighbor and person he’s been crushing on since he moved into the building. 

Kyungsoo looked up at him with wide eyes, “Did I wake you up?”
Jongin blinked and stared at Kyungsoo until he realized he was talking to him.
“N-no, not at all. I was just uh I was looking at some stuff.”

Kyungsoo gave him a questioning look at what he said but didn’t press on. Jongin was grateful for that. Kyungsoo always made him a blubbering mess, so he never liked to say more than a few words to him. 

“You’re probably wondering why I’m here, aren’t you?”

Jongin let out a quiet mhm with a short nod of the head. 

“Well uh, I was wondering if uh you…” Kyungsoo kept rubbing the back of his neck and looked everywhere but at Jongin’s face. He looked nervous and this was very new to Jongin. 

“Is something wrong Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and let out a quiet no. He quickly swiped his tongue on his upper lip and took in a deep breath before continuing with what he was saying. 

“I was wondering if you’d like to go out to dinner some time, you know as a date.”

Jongin was definitely not expecting this. He stood there wide eyed and speechless. After crushing on his neighbor for months and avoiding him because he got to nervous and shy around him he asked him out. Jongin was surprised but happy nonetheless. 

“Jongin, it’s ok you don’t have to say yes. Forge-”

Kyungsoo was cut off by a kiss. Jongin had leaned down and kissed him on the cheek leaving them both with cherry red faces. 

“Sorry about the uh the kiss. I would love to go on a date though.” 

Kyungsoo smiled, a heart shaped smile showing his pearly whites. 

“I’ll text you later then? So we can talk about our date?” Jongin nodded and Kyungsoo waved goodbye as he walked back to his apartment. He watched as he went into his place before shutting his door. Jongin let out a squeal and started jumping from excitement. 

“I got a date! I got a date! I got a date with Kyungsoo!”