A Clash of Claws

claws, teeth, fur
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol winced. He was hunched over and he was sweating. His arms felt like jelly. He was so not good at this.

 

“Why don't you start preparing lunch?” Eunji sighed, resigning to the fact that she was on shovelling duty on her own again this year.

 

“Okay... I'll leave the heavy-lifting to you.” He agreed easily, leaving his shovel in the snow and all too happily retreating back into the warm and cozy house.

 

Eunji glared at his back. How eager he was to abandon her after he was so fired up to shovel snow.

 

She got back to work, grumbling lowly underneath her breath the entire time. Why oh why, of all the shape-shifting wolf to appear on my doorstep, did she got the one with skinny arms and weak muscles?

 

Shovel.

 

“I mean, how many grocery bags can he carry?”

 

Shovel.

 

“I wonder if his wolf form is any stronger. Bomi could probably take him, the little monster...”

 

Shovel.

 

“Hell, I could probably beat him in arm wrestling!”

 

Shovel. Shovel. Shovel.

 

Eunji swiped a hand across her forehead, on impulse grabbing the pink earmuffs off and tossing them somewhere over her shoulder. Her blood was pumping from the exertion and that kept her warm enough that she doesn't really need them.

 

Chanyeol was right anyway. It was really weird looking.

 

 

Wolves are supposed to flourish in the cold, but he's as much human as he is a wolf, and he knew how to appreciate warmth.

 

Stepping into the house felt like stepping into an embrace; in just a few seconds his body temperature was dropping, trying to adjust so he wasn't overheating himself. Chanyeol took off the hat—he really liked it but it was too snug, and it was squeezing his head too much. The mittens he removed as well, setting them on the kitchen counter so he could get to work on making lunch.

 

Eunji would want something hot, he thought, and set a pot on the stove to boil water for a stew.

 

There was kimchi in the fridge. Chanyeol figured he would be less likely to mess up making kimchi stew than if he tried making a vegetable stew from scratch. He had some cooking skills

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter