Domestic Bliss

claws, teeth, fur
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Elbows deep in engine oil, Eunji's attempt at fixing up the old truck was moderately successful. While she got it running, the heater remained broken. She knew that the one hour drive to the store would be a cold, torturous affair.

 

Sweating and covered in grease, she couldn't get into the shower fast enough. So eager to rid herself of her filthy clothes, Eunji nearly stripped right there in the middle of the house before she remembered that she wasn't alone anymore.

 

She squeaked in embarassment and thanked the heavens that Chanyeol was too busy in the kitchen to witness her taking her shirt off in the living room. She had already seen him half in this room... he doesn't need to see the same thing from her too.

 

Bomi was there though, and she had seen everything.

 

Maybe it was the mild hypothermia talking, but Eunji could've sworn that the look Bomi gave her was judgy and unimpressed.

 

.

 

After a hot, relaxing shower, Eunji dressed comfortably in an old T-shirt that almost swallowed her small frame. With her oversized shirt and boy shorts, she felt as y as she looked—which was probably a good thing. It was already awkward as hell with a male guest living in her house; especially one so good-looking as him. She doesn't want to give him any wrong ideas.

 

Chanyeol didn't seem fazed at her appearance, if he even noticed it. He smiled cheerfully as he stood over the stove. Whatever he was cooking, it smelt delicious.

 

Dinner was a lot of meat, and some vegetable dishes that only she ate. She was pretty sure that his meat was cooked medium rare, but Eunji politely said nothing.

 

Indeed, dinner was a mostly silent affair. While they talked about the weather and Chanyeol had a few choice words to say about 'that demon cat', the both of them were so used to eating alone, they mostly ignored the other's presence.

 

The only exciting moment was when Bomi crept into the kitchen looking for scraps from the table, but Chanyeol chased her out with some menacing growling. Eunji admonished him like a pet who had just shown bad behaviour. 

 

"Be nice to Bomi! She's family." 

 

Chanyeol produced a sound that was something like a whine, and Eunji could just visualize the wolf ears flattening against his head. 

 

After dinner, Eunji offered to clean up but Chanyeol lingered in the kitchen. She didn't send him away and he didn't actually said he wanted to help—but he pushed his shirt sleeves up to his elbows and stood by the sink. So they ended up working together to wash and dry dishes.

 

Eunji took the opportunity to bring up their upcoming trip to town.

 

“So we can go tomorrow. After breakfast, so I can get my chores done first.” She was sayin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter