Housemates

claws, teeth, fur
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the wolf-man-thing was properly clothed, she sat him down right where she had been sleeping the night prior—on the sofa. She was standing over him with both hands on her hips, staring him down hard. He met her eyes with ease, his entire being oozing comfort and confidence and he looked like he had never been more at home with the surroundings.

 

It was infuriating, how calm he was. But Eunji wasn't about to let that get to her.

 

“First of all, who are you?” She demanded.

 

He grinned again. That irritating grin that made it a little harder for her to stay angry because of how sincere it looked.

 

“My name is Chanyeol.” He said simply.

 

So wolf-man-thing has a name. Good. Easier to report him to the cops.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“I was looking for a place to wait out the snow storm. Awfully chilly out there, you know.”

 

Eunji rolled her eyes.

 

Aren't wolves adaptable to cold?

 

“Yes I know,” she snarked, “How did you end up here?”

 

Chanyeol's grin faltered slightly, “It's a...long story.”

 

Eunji leaned back against the piano. Jack. Pot.

 

“Oh, please. Do share.”

 

There was tensed silence as he thought of what to say. Finally, he gave a one-shouldered shrug. “I ran away from my pack. And then I got lost and ended up here.”

 

A pause followed his statement.

 

That was the shortest Long Story I have ever heard.

 

She raised her brow expectantly. Chanyeol furrowed his, and she could tell that he was debating whether or not to reveal his whole story.

 

He doesn't. And Eunji knew the glint in his eyes well; it's the same look she always has whenever she looked into the mirror. Stubborness. Defiance. She wasn't going to get anything out of him if he doesn't feel like sharing.

 

Eunji nodded stiffly. “So, what should do we do now? Are you going to be a problem for me?”

 

“Depends if you see me as a problem,” momentarily, he looked serious, “I'm sorry I caused trouble, Eunji-ssi. I'm sorry I stole your fruits and ate your chickens.”

 

Eunji blanched, “You ate—ugh, no, nevermind,” she shook her head.

 

Chanyeol looked at her guility, “I'll make up for it. I don't have any money to replace them but... I'll do anything to pay you back.”

 

Her ears perked up, “Anything?”

 

He nodded eagerly, “Anything! I can help you with your chores, if... if you'll have me.”

 

She eyed him critically, measuring the sincerity in his offer. He seemed earnest enough... and ever since he revealed himself, he had been nothing but obedient and accomodating. Perhaps he really did feel bad for his actions.

 

“Alright,” Eunji relented, giving a tentative smile. “You get one chance. You can stay here, but only if you do whatever I tell you to.”

 

Chanyeol didn't argue. He inclined his head and she nodded. Silenty, they had an agreement.

 

“I'll have the spare bedroom ready for you...” Eunji trailed off. “Do you, um... eat food?”

 

She coughed, and Chanyeol cocked his head in question, “I do... eat food. Doesn't everyone?”

 

He quirked a smile and she chuckled; the tension in the room was easing up. “I mean, do you eat regular food or do I have to sacrifice a couple of my chickens for breakfast?”

 

Chanyeol let out a sudden laugh then that made her pleasantly surprised. He had a nice laugh. It was almost as nice as his smile.

 

It helped that he had perfectly white, straight teeth and not the beastly fangs that she had expected to see.

 

“I like pancakes,” he offered. “Did I mention I'm a good cook?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter