A Day In The Life

claws, teeth, fur
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning when she stepped outside the house, she had her dad's shotgun propped up against the door, easily within reach.

 

Her first task every morning was to feed the hens and collect their eggs. The chicken coop was right behind the stables, and when she passed by it she gave her aloof young horse a pat on the head, and went to check in on her pony.

 

When she saw her however, she paused. Something was wrong.

 

With concerned eyes, she quickly checked over Hayoung, making sure she wasn't injured. She wasn't, but her attitude clearly showed that she was distressed.

 

“What's wrong, girl?” Eunji murmured, trying to calm the pony down. She glanced over at Sehun, the horse wasn't showing any alarm, but now looking at him she could tell that his stance was more stiff and alert than usual.

 

A cold sense of dread started to creep in. She needed to check on her hens.

 

 

Eunji gasped. She was looking at what could only be described as a disaster zone.

 

...or a pillow fight that had gone too far.

 

Feathers, everywhere. The door of the coop was ripped completely off of its hinges; a quick count of her chickens showed that there were a few missing, and the remaining few were huddled up at the far end of the coop, all of them showing signs of edginess and defensiveness.

 

Oh, god.

 

That thing she saw, that thing yesterday...

 

It followed her home.

 

Her hand instinctively moved to her belt, where she always slipped a knife along with a couple tools in for working purposes. She didn't think she would ever had to use it as a weapon, but now she had to be prepared.

 

Eunji scattered the corn seeds, and slowly one by one the chickens started approaching and started eating. She wouldn't collect their eggs today, since the slightest suspicious movement from her could trigger the hens' aggression...and also, she needed to replace the few chickens she had lost.

 

As the hens feed, Eunji got lost in her thoughts. She was pretty sure the thing she saw yesterday was a wild dog. It was odd, as for all her life

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter