chapter two

i'll protect you

"Don't leave me, Jungkookie!!" Jimin grabs Jungkook's hands tightly. Jungkook's eyes are filled with unshed tears as he slowly lets go of Jimin and walks towards his stepmother, father and baby stepbrother. "Jungkook... Jungkook ah...." Jimin collapses onto the ground and cries until Taehyung comes over and hugs him. "Dont cry, Jiminnie. Jungkook will come back soon. Ill play with you so dont cry!!" Taehyung smiles. "Taehyung... what if he never comes back?" Jimin cries even louder. "He will... he will."

 "You're so disgusting." Jungkook's stepmother hits him with a whip. "Why do i have to take care of a piece of like you?" She hits him twice as hard. "Mommy!! Dont hit me!" Jungkook cries. "Who's your mommy? Your mommy is dead. Dont call me that. You're not my son." She sneers and throws the whip onto the ground. Jungkook's mouth falls in shock as he cries loudly. Jungkook runs away, eyes b with tears, until he reaches a crossroad. He cant tell which direction he needs to go to for him to reach Busan again, and he dashes. "Jungkook!!" His father runs out of the house and picks Jungkook's body up, rushing to the hospital. Jungkook's stepmother laughs evilly in the house, while holding his little stepbrother's hand.

"Jungkook, im so glad you're safe! How did you get all of these bruises?" Jungkook's father touches him gently to inspect his bruises. "D-dont touch me! Who are you?" Jungkook stares at his father. "Im your father, Jungkook! Why cant you recognise me?" His father reaches out and Jungkook bursts out crying. "Dont touch me!"

"I'm sorry Mr Jeon, but it looks like Jungkook has developed a disorder towards people's touches. It seems like he was abused before the accident. Im afraid that he may not remember you unless he wants to." The doctor says, and walks out of the hospital room. "What's going to happen to Jungkook? I have to bring him somewhere safe, since his stepmother hits him." Jungkook's father calls his stepmother and tells her that they will get a divorce. "I'll not let her hurt you again, Jungkook." His father says with finality. "Let's move to Seoul."