chapter eight

i'll protect you

"Jungkook ah! Come here!" Jimin motions for Jungkook to walk over. "Yes hyung?" Jimin giggles and whispers, "want to come over tonight? I've got something for you." Jungkook's heart races in his chest. "W-what do you have for me?" "It's a surprise." Jimin smiles.

"Hyung! Let's go! I'm looking forward to that surprise!" Jungkook smiles and walks beside Jimin. "Sure. You'll really enjoy it.. i think!" Jimin laughs and brings Jungkook over. Once they reach the house, Jungkook's jaw drops. "Your house is so neat! And you live alone?" "Yeah! My parents sent me to Seoul to study, and they stayed in Busan. You live with your family, right?" Jungkook smiled sadly, "its just Dad and i now. He tells me that my stepmom and stepbrother left and will never come back. I didnt question it. All i remember is that she hit and abused me for awhile, before i moved here." Jimin frowns, knowing Jungkook must have been hurt deeply. "Well, to cheer you up, im going to let you watch this video! Come on, sit down!" Jimin places a VCD into the player, and clicks play.

"Jungkook ahhhhhh!!!" Little Jimin runs to  Jungkook, tackling him onto the ground. "Ah, Jiminnie! You got me all dirty!" Jungkook brushes the dirt off, grumbling. Jimin reaches out and brushes the dirt for him, giggling and leaning in to kiss his cheek. "Our Jungkookie is so cute when he frowns!" Jimin smiles brightly, hugging Jungkook. Jungkook blushes red and kisses Jimin back on the cheek. "You're even cuter when you smile, Jiminnie!"

Jungkook begins to sniffle, turning away to cover up his tears, but Jimin turns to his direction and stares in shock. "W-why are you crying? Jungkook ah dont cry!" Jimin walks away to get a tissue, only to get stopped by Jungkook. Jungkook pulls Jimin back on the sofa and kisses him. Jimin's eyes flutter shut, enjoying the feeling of Jungkook's lips on his. Jungkook's eyes widen at what he does, and shoves Jimin away. "Sorry, i dont know what came over me. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Jungkook rushes to wear his shoes and runs out of the house.

"Am i an idiot? Why did i kiss him?" Jungkook immediately quickens his pace. Jimin dashes out of the house and pulls Jungkook, successfully making Jungkook look into his eyes. Jimin leans in and kisses him tenderly. Jungkook overcomes his initial shock, and responds to the kiss. He gently pulls away and smiles at Jimin. "I guess you know that i remember you now. Im sorry that i hurt you on the first day that you came to Seoul." Jungkook looks down. Jimin pulls his chin up and kisses him once more. He wraps his arms around Jungkook, smiling into his shoulder. "It was all worth it. It was worth all of the efforts i've made. I got to see your smile again. I love you, Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook smiles and tightens his hold on Jimin's waist. "Me too, hyung. I love you too."

A YEAR LATER

"Dad! Meet Jimin! I've told you lots about him ever since college, and you know him from Busan! We're getting married!" Mr Jeon laughs and ruffles Jungkook's hair. "You two already know i've given you guys my blessings. Jimin ah, treat my little boy well!" Jimin smiles, looking into Jungkook's eyes sincerely. He holds Jungkook's hand and says, "i will, Sir, i will." "Call me Dad now. Sir is too old for me." Jungkook's father laughs, and sends them off. "Have fun in Bali!"