chapter four

i'll protect you

"Hyung, are you okay?" Namjoon holds up Seokjin's shoulders, helping him to stand. "I'm fine, i really am." Seokjin tries his best to smile. "Why do you let him bully you? He's three years younger than you!" Namjoon shouts. "It's alright. I understand his position, he's frustrated that Jungkook cant remember him from their childhood. Anyway, its not like he's very strong. It only hurts a little, but im okay. Really. Dont worry about me, Namjoon." Seokjin explains. "If thats what you say, hyung, ill respect your decision. Namjoon sighs. "Thank you, Namjoon ah." Seokjin smiles.

"Jimin ah. You have to stop venting your anger on Seokjin hyung. He's quite fragile and you're so much younger than him." Hoseok chides. Jimin sighs deeply, "But he doesnt understand that Jungkook hates being touched. Im just trying to warn him so he doesnt trigger Jungkook's OCD." "Well, thats not the way to do it. You cant hit him and expect him to be okay with it, can you?" Hoseok sighs and holds Taehyung's hand. "Taehyung ah, let's go. I think Jimin needs some time to himself." Taehyung frowns and nods slowly, walking away with Hoseok.

 "Hyung, do you think he will be okay?" Taehyung asks. "He will be fine. The two of them will be fine. Dont worry, Taehyung ah. Things will only get better." Hoseok smiles.

"Why does Park Jimin keep trying to get close to me? It's not like i have anything to give. Im always alone, and i hate physical contact. What does he want from me?" Jungkook sighs while packing his locker.

 "Well, well, look who we have here. This piece of trash, Jeon Jungkook." Yoongi pushes Jungkook onto the locker. "What the hell do you want, Min Yoongi? Pick on someone your age. Cant you leave me alone? Im busy right now." Jungkook sneers. "But i want to disturb you, and touch you, since you cant fight back." Jungkook laughs. "I cant? When have i not been able to fight back?" Jungkook tries to hit Yoongi but Yoongi stops him with a harsh grip on his wrist. "N-no, dont touch me..." Jungkook feels tears welling up in his eyes. Yoongi laughs. "Look at you, you cant fight back."

Yoongi gets punched in the face and lands on the floor. "What the hell?" Yoongi holds his split lip. "Stop touching him. Messing with someone's insecurity, is that all you know how to do?" Jimin berates Yoongi. "Wow, not a bad punch from the Busan kid. Didnt think you were Jeon Jungkook's hero, things are going to get even tougher for you, brat." "Why, you-" "Hyung." Jungkook calls out, while sniffling. "Me?" Jimin looks back in shock. "Yeah, you. Leave him alone. He already has the split lip he deserves. Let's go." Jungkook wipes his eyes and walks ahead. Jimin follows him, smiling to himself.

"Stop smiling. You look ugly. I only said that so you wouldnt get a split lip. Yoongi lands a really good punch." Jungkook mumbles. "You did it for me? That makes me want to smile even more." Jimin grins. "Ugh. Im going home. Bye." Jungkook turns to the opposite direction. "Wait! Can i buy you ice cream one day?" Jimin asks. "Maybe." Jungkook says, before walking off.