chapter nine (final)

i'll protect you

"Our dear lovebirds have arrived!" Taehyung wipes his fake tears, rushing to Jimin and Jungkook, who are now holding hands. Hoseok walks over, placing his arm around Taehyung's waist and smiles. "Happy birthday Jungkook ah! Oh right! Congrats on your marriage. I cant believe its been three years since Jimin has come to Seoul." Hoseok says, reminiscing. "You dyed your hair black! It's so much better than your flaming red in high school. My little Jungkookie has grown up!" Taehyung giggles and touches Jungkook's hair. Jungkook doesnt shy away anymore. "Hyung! You're messing my hair!" Jimin laughs and Jungkook slides his arm around his waist, making their way to the table.

"Where are the other guys?" Jimin asks, looking around. Seokjin runs over, pulling a panting Namjoon to their table. "Sorry guys! We couldnt find our way here. Namjoon broke the GPS again." Namjoon laughs, embarrassed. "Congratulations! You guys got married a year after we did! Its so nice to celebrate your marriage and birthday, Jungkook!" Seokjin laughs, holding Jungkook's hand. "Im so glad that i can hold your hand now, you must have been really afraid when you were four." Seokjin empathises. "Hyung, its been so long. I've long forgotten how to cry ever since I've gotten married" Jimin snorts, asking "you sure about that? I dont think you've actually forgotten." Jungkook smacks Jimin's chest. "Wipe that sulk off, birthday boy." Jimin squeezes his cheek, kissing him.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEON JUNGKOOK!!!" Yoongi arrives with a cake in his hands. "Yoongi hyung!" Jungkook walks over and carries the cake to the table. "Now that all seven of us are here, we have finally reunited!" Namjoon chuckles. Yoongi smiles and looks at Hoseok. "Nice to meet you again, Taehyung ah. Sorry about the past." Yoongi stretches his hand to shake Taehyung's, but Taehyung stands up and bear-hugs Yoongi. "Its all okay, hyung!" Taehyung smiles and rubs his nose into Yoongi's shoulder. Yoongi laughs and Hoseok sends a gentle smile towards his direction.

"Let's cut the cake!" Jimin says, handing Jungkook a knife. Jimin abruptly stands up, "wait! I have to get the camera! Dont cut it yet!" Jimin runs off towards the kitchen. "What on earth is the camera doing in the kitchen? Taehyung mumbles. "Aigoo, Jimin ah." Seokjin smiles in understanding. Jimin walks out with a dozen colorful balloons and a gift box in hand. "Jungkook, happy birthday!" Jungkook stands up and hugs Jimin, bursting into tears. "told you guys he didnt forget how to cry!" The five of them laugh while helping to put the presents down, and Hoseok releases the balloons onto the ceiling. "Thank you, hyung!" Jungkook kisses Jimin while crying. Jimin laughs and wipes Jungkook's nose. "Ugh, your snot is all over your nose! Look at you!" Jimin smiles and gently pushes Jungkook to his seat.

 "I'll cut the cake now!" Jungkook grins, cutting the cake. Yoongi pops the party poppers, smiling. "Guys! We have one more surprise." Hoseok says. Taehyung lifts up his hand and smiles brightly at the sight of a silver band on his fourth finger. "We're getting married next week!" Jimin hugs Taehyung and congratulates him. Seokjin pops another party popper and Namjoon whistles. "Congratulations!" Jungkook says, stuffing his mouth with cake. "Its a happy ending for all of us." Yoongi smiles, watching the three pairs of lovebirds feeding each other with cake. Hoseok feeds Yoongi a slice of cake and says, "hyung! I'll buy you nice food once we are back from our honeymoon, okay?" Yoongi laughs and says, "its a promise!"

"By the way," Namjoon speaks with his mouth full, "you have the coolest father, Jeon Jungkook. Who even buys their kid a vacation home in Bali? You lucky kid. I heard he got Jimin a sports car too. Rich bastards." Jimin chuckles at Namjoon's remark. "Ah hyung, we were just about to invite all of you to our vacation home!" Jimin extends five tickets to each of the boys.

"Welcome to Bali!" Jimin and Jungkook look at each other, sharing a warm smile as the five boys rejoice.