chapter five

i'll protect you

"Jungkookie!!!! Let me buy you ice cream, hmm? Please? Eat ice cream with me??" Jimin pouts, hoping Jungkook will eat ice cream with him. Jungkook bursts out laughing at Jimin's aegyo parade, uttering "Pfft, stop acting cute! You're making me laugh! Fine, lets go have ice cream." "Really? Yes!! Ill buy you delicious ice cream so feel free to order!" Jimin skips off happily. Jungkook frowns, not understanding why Jimin is so bent on making friends with him. Jimin's sincerity makes Jungkook even more puzzled, since he thinks that they have never met. He shrugs and walks over to Jimin, waiting to place their orders.  

"One vanilla scoop with caramel toppings, and one chocolate with rainbow sprinkles." Jimin orders. "Huh? How did you know i like chocolate with rainbow sprinkles?" Jimin just smiles. "Jungkook ah, there are a lot of things that i know, but i cant tell you right now." Jungkook just looks blankly at Jimin, and waits for their ice cream.

"So, why did you move to Seoul?" Jungkook asks curiously. "I moved over because i wanted to meet a friend that i had in the past, that ive fallen in love with." Jimin answers. "He meant the world to me, but he moved away and i had to wait until i was old enough to move to Seoul on my own. But i met him, and it seems like i have to convince him that im here for good, since he doesnt seem to care about me." Jimin continues, eating his ice cream. Jungkook thinks, "is he talking about me?" Jimin smiles and tells Jungkook to eat his ice cream. "Hyung, you have some over there." Jungkook points at the corner of Jimin's lips. "Clean it for me?" Jimin requests, absentmindedly. "Hyung.." Jungkook frowns. "Oh, right. Sorry." Jimin giggles as he wipes the ice cream, smudging it. "Agh. You're still dirty." Jungkook freezes.

FLASHBACK

("You're disgusting." "Disgusting." "Why do i have to take care of a piece of like you?")

Jungkook's eyes well up with tears. "Hey.. are you okay?" Jimin's eyes widen as Jungkook's tears roll down his pale cheeks. "M-mom.. stepmom... dont.. dont touch me.." Jungkook shivers in his seat and looks into Jimin's eyes for one last time before running out of the shop.

"Wait! Jungkook ah!" Jimin runs and hugs Jungkook. "Let go of me!" Jungkook cries even harder, sitting on the floor. "I wont. I wont let go of you." Jimin says, hugging Jungkook even tighter. "I dont want to be touched.. w-why are you doing this to me?" Jungkook sniffs. "Just stay like this for a while. You will be okay." Jimin reaches out slowly, rubbing circles onto Jungkook's back. Jungkook breathes in Jimin's scent, and relaxes in his grip, slowly hugging Jimin back. "I-it's hard to touch people.. hyung. I feel disgusting." Jungkook looks down. "You're not. You're beautiful to me." Jimin smiles and places Jungkook's head onto his chest. "Just rest and stop thinking for now." Jungkook cracks a smile as he leans into Jimin's gentle hug.