chapter one

i'll protect you

"Why the hell did you touch Jungkook? Do you want to die?" Jimin grabs onto Seokjin's collar and lifts him up. "S-sorry.. i didnt know he was going to react like that! I wanted to tell him what the homework was since he was sleeping..." Jimin growled even louder. "Thats not your business! Dont touch him ever again. You hear me?" Jimin lets go of Seokjin's collar.

"Jungkook, are you okay?" Jimin looks at Jungkook in concern. "L-leave me alone.. im so dirty.. dont come near me..." Jungkook mumbles as he washes his hands and scrubs harshly. Jimin reaches out to stop Jungkook but Jungkook lands a punch onto Jimin's face. "Sorry! Im so sorry hyung!" Jungkook bursts into tears while running out of the washroom. Jimin groans while getting his balance back, rubbing his sore cheek and thinking, "When will Jungkook ever remember me and stop hurting himself?"

Jungkook grew up as a happy child, but he was thrown aside by his stepmother because of his father's remarriage. He gets violent after developing a disorder due to the abuse, and hits others when they try to make contact with him. Jimin was part of Jungkook's childhood, and all he wants is for Jungkook to be happy and for him to remember their past. Jimin becomes a bully in order to protect Jungkook from showing everyone his disorder.

"Jungkookie!" 5 year old Jimin tugs on 3 year old Jungkook's clothes. "Want to go on the see-saw?" Jimin holds Jungkook's hands as they skip to the see-saw. "Jimin! Im scared!" Jungkook cries out to Jimin from the monkey bar. "Dont worry! Jiminnie will save you!!" Jimin reaches out his little hands below Jungkook. Jungkook jumps and falls onto Jimin, while crying out. "Dont cry!" Jimin hugs Jungkook. "Dont cry, im here! I wont let you get hurt!" Jimin smiles while wiping Jungkook's tears away. "But now Jiminnie is hurt!" Jungkook wails. "Its okay. I would rather get hurt for you." Jimin grins and brushes the dirt off his legs as he lifts Jungkook up and walks back home.