chapter 15

A Brother's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana's POV

It had been five weeks since that fight. I didn’t talk to my brother at all. I did not even have the intention to talk to him. The sight of him makes me boil in anger. Whenever I see oppa, the inside of my body feels hot and my breathing becomes rapidly fast and effulgent. My face becomes red like a volcano. My ears would become spicy hot and I could feel as if steam was coming out from my ears. I would  feel dangerously aggressive and hot all of a sudden. In summary, the sight of JongIn oppa irks me.

It was a regular after school day. I had no plans to go home. Anyway, my brother would not be home. He is busy working his off for I don’t know what. He only cares about money. I wonder if he even cares about me. I headed towards the park near the school.

The wind was blowing through my hair. The trees around me were raining down red, yellow and orange leaves.The leaves were making carpet, crunching under my feet, on the pathway. The leaves kept falling down and the winds blowing them away as if flames were being blown away.I could feel the wind rushing by; a cold crisp wind carries leaves... Each leaf sways, rushing against the many leaves on the floor, cascading into one another and creating a rustle of leaves which are personified by the wind... The leaves start to move as if by some divine intervention, as if they were ready to travel where ever the wind blows. The last leaf falls off a tree, making it more barren then it was, as it falls to the ground it is lifted up by a burst of wind. It floated further away into the distance, and it fell quietly. It was lost in the millions of orange, brown, and yellow leaves... Unidentifiable, like a Jane Doe... The wind howls and hoots like an owl almost as if it was whispering to me. I started to believe it was talking to me in a chant, in a language that I can’t quite figure out. The sky was grey but bright in colour, it felts as if it would rain any moment but it didn't... I inhaled deeply and I could smell millions of orange leaves and every time the wind blows, a burst of fresh cold air. I closed my eyes and I felt at peace. Nothing could ever replace this calmness in me that I felt at that moment.

“May I join you?” He cleared his voice. He looked at me, his face flushed.

My face went slack, my mouth slightly open as I stared wide-eyed at Oh Sehun. I was not expecting anyone at all in the park. I nodded, trying to cover my face with my hair to hide the embarrassment that was slowly creeping towards my cheeks.

“It’s pretty isn’t it?” Sehun said.

“Mm,” I replied as I did not wish to speak with anybody at this moment. I wanted to spend time alone. Me. Myself. I.

“Are you okay?” Sehun tilted my chin up till my eyes met his.

“I’m okay. It’s just that I feel tired. I mean…” I paused and gathered my thoughts. “I mean could you take me to the bar?”

==============

“Okay, drinks for everyone!” Fann grinned. Her cheeks were tinted pink from the amount of alcohol she had already consumed within the past three hours. The whole gang was there, all seventeen of us. Everyone made a grab for the glass, raising them up in the air. I blushed when I felt Sehun’s arms around my waist and pulled me closer against him as he nipped my ear playfully.

“You all know why we’re here!” He shouted over the music blasting in background. “Our leader and the maknae are attached!”

I could feel Fann glaring at me but I was too tipsy to care. Fann began badmouthing me, saying that I joined the gang to woo Oh Sehun. She exaggerated that Sehun and her were in a relationship before and it was my fault that they broke up. Sehun rolled his eyes and downed his drink before slamming the glass on the table top. He brushed his thumb over my cheekbones and pressed his lips against yours and smiled. “Congratulations to us.”

“Yah, Hana. Do you think you’re good enough for him? I’ve been in this gang longer than you and you get him. This is ridiculous. You’re really a vixen aren’t you?” Fann sneered at me.

I stood up slowly, and my arms trembled. Fann, darn her. Thinking of me like I'm hers  to control. Rage boils inside my heart, and I clenched my hands, nails digging into my skin. Fann took a step towards me. I held my ground. I saw it in her eyes, she meant harm. I felt my blood pound in my ears, and my jaws clamped shut.
She took another step.
I unleashed my fury, and my arm pulled back, my lips drawing back into a snarl as I brought my fist down on her: hard enough to draw blood. And I didn't know why, but hitting her gave me a cold joy, a cruel, merciless mirth. I hit her again. And again, I saw my knuckles breaking her skin. She fell back, and I wiped her blood off my hands, disgusted with it.

“Good job, Hana.” Sehun kissed a pulse on my neck.

“Thank you, oppa,” I laughed and returned his previous kiss with a quick pec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter