chapter 14

A Brother's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai's POV

"How is Hana?" Kyungsoo hyung questioned, placing his bag into the locker that had his name on it. At the same time, he took out the apron that was inside and pinned his nametag through his shirt before tying it firmly around his waist. "It has been a while since I've seen her..."

"She is fine. She is doing very well in school," I laughed lightly, trying to hide the nervousness.

"You know you can't fool me right" Kyungsoo hyung smiled softly.

I looked at him and gave him a small smile. Kyungsoo hyung had been my closest friend since I was 11 years old. He was the one that motivated and encouraged me to be strong when omma died. He helped me with my homework and sometimes with Hana as well. I wish I could tell him. I wanted to tell someone about my problems so badly. Sometimes, I wish for the earth to open up and swallow me so that I wouldn't have to face those problems. But if the earth really did swallow me, then I'm running away from my problems. A manly man shouldn't even think about running away from his problems. I contemplated whether to tell Kyungsoo hyung.

"It's okay hyung, I think I need to do this myself," I replied.

He placed a hand on my shoulder as he walked past me. "JongIn ah, I'll be here if you need me." I nodded and gave him a small smile as I followed him out of the locker room and into the kitchen.

I then wore rubber gloves while hearing Kyungsoo hyung's voice saying 'I'll be here if you need me'. I the kitchen faucet and grabbed the sponge, starting to wash the stacks of porcelain plates and cups. My thoughts flew to my sister. It has been five weeks since that fight. Five weeks since I almost slapped her. Five weeks since the visit from the doctor. This is so aggravating! I sighed deeply. After washing the dirty plates and cups, I began to help Kyungsoo hyung with the customers.

============================

Letting out an exhausted sigh as I hit the hardwood floor of the locker room, leaning back against the wall I ran my hand over my face, I looked down at my phone as I saw that I missed a call. Not recognizing the number,I clicked on the number to reveal a message that was left. Clicking on the message, I pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hello this is Mrs Jung from Whimoon High School. How may I help you?" the old lady chimed over the phone.

"Hello Mrs Jung. You called and I missed. I was wondering what it is about," I asked as I was curious about why I got that phone call.

"Give me a few minutes sir. What is your name?" The elderly lady asked as she placed the phone on her ear as she got ready to type in my name.

"My name is Kim JongIn and my sister's name is Kim Hana," I told her as her wrinkled fingers flew over the keyboard, letting letters pop out into the screen.

"Ahhh, Kim Hana the troublemaker?" Mrs Jung asked again.

My face brightened in embarassment. "Y...yes that's her."

"Well, Mr Kwon wants to see you. Can you come to office to meet him?" Mrs Jung said nonchalantly.

Unpleasant thoughts ran through my mind. I was at a loss for words. The principal wanted to see me.

===========================

The snow has begun to stick and I leave a trail of footprints. At the front door of the office, I pause to knock the wet stuff from my shoes before I go in. I've barely stepped inside when she's there, holding my arm as if to stop me.

"Don't worry, I'm taking them off here," I say leaving my shoes on the mat.

The old lady which I think was Mrs Jung from her nametag on her shirt gives an odd, breathy laugh and removes my coat from my shoulders. What happened to that old lady who dissed my sister a minute ago. Mrs Jung is weird. Then I see a man standing behind her in the alley beside the counter. One look at his tailored suit and clean look and I know he's the principal. Something is wrong.

"This way please, Mr Kim," says Mr Kwon. He gestures down the hallway.

"Go right in," Mr Kwon added, who has followed me down the hallway.

I twist the polished brass knob and step inside. My nose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter