chapter 10

A Brother's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana's POV

From the outside, the place looked like a saloon you might see in an old Western movie. I paused and corrected myself. In old movies, especially WESTERN movies, there were never lines of people waiting to get into those places. Even though there was a porch with a handful of tables and chairs, there had to be about fifty people trying to get inside The Mix.

While Sehun and I were heading for the line-which moved surprisingly fast, I thought- a wildly painted Party Bus pulled up and a crowd of young people piled off joining the both of us on the sidewalk. The music was blasting out the open front door.

The way Sehun explained it, the club served Mexican food until sometime in the evening, and then they pushed the tables and chairs to the side and the place became one colassal dance floor. And that was every night.

"They didn't card us," I told Sehun as we were pushed into a large room filled with people.

"I am THE Sehun you know." He had to yell her answer to be heard over the loud music.

I looked around in amazement. A master of ceremonies in a flowered shirt was standing on a platfrom to our right, next to the bar, and singing into a mike while three guys with bottles balanced on their heads tried to do a kind of dance behind him. He was encouraging the audience to sing along. Participation was not a problem. Some of them standing on chairs, were singing at the top of their lungs with the music.

"I think it will be safest if we move to a corner."

I agreed and followed Sehun through the noisy throng of clubbers. As we skirted the edge of the black and white checkered dance floor, I tripped over someone's foot. I turned to apologise to the dancer, only to back into a high table, nearly toppling a woman who was dancing on it. The woman regained her balance, luckily but not before dumping half of a margarita onto the bald head of a forty-something tourist standing beside the table. The drenched guy started yelling, the woman started yelling back, and I quickly scrambled after Sehun.

"I think you almost got caught in the middle of a brawl," Sehun shouted, looking back at the dance floor as I caught up with him.

"I think I started it."

Sehun just grinned as if he didn't believe her. Just then, a young couple got up from the table in the corner and Sehun grabbed the tabe.

Sehun leaned over and yelled in my ear.

"Actually, this is the quiet part of the night. Wait till later!"

I sat from the high stool across from Sehun and looked around with interest.The brawl that I'd started was over. The bald guy was nowhere to be seen, but the same woman was still dancing on the table again. Except this time she was dancing ily with a new drink in her hand.

I had never been clubbing before. EVER in my life. God know what JongIN oppa will do if he finds out. People continued to stream in, and as I looked up at a glassed-in booth above and to one side of the door. I hadn't noticed it when they'd come in, and I watched the DJ flip through records.

There was so much to see. Every inch of the walls were covered with framed 1950s photographs of people standing to huge fish, posters of old advertisements for Mexico and Hawaii and funny bumper stickers. It seemed as if the entire place was vibrating with music.

A shrill whistle made me jump up in my seat. Looking around, I realized that the waiters in the bar whistle to get their way around as they went between the bar an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter