07.

Poison & Wine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Have you seen Hanbin?"

"Is he in his room? I'm not quite sure where he is right now."

"Dude, the assessment is due later this afternoon. We can't lose him right now; we need to practice."

"Call Jiwon then."

"As if he knows where he is."

"He's not here, and Hanbin isn't in the building. Probably they are together."

"Goodness."

Jinhwan grabs his phone from his bag and tries to dial his friend's number. It's already Friday; time flies so fast. Hanbin is nowhere to be found, and they wonder where he is at this hour. He should be here; he should be practicing. A few seconds later, Jiwon answers the call.

"What's up?"

"Dude, where are you?"

"Why are you asking?"

"We were looking for Hanbin. He's late. We need to rehearse."

"Ha! See? He's useless."

"Jiwon-ah, come on. We need to be serious here. We can't waste time."

"Ugh, that jerk." Jiwon groaned as he sat up from his bed and stretched his neck. "Alright, I'll check up on him in his room. We'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Thanks, bro. We'll wait." Jinhwan replied as he hangs up the phone.

 

 

Hanbin

 

I, of course, overheard the conversation. How dare he call me a . If there is one here in this house, I am sure it's not me. It's not really a big deal, to be honest, but sometimes I don't even know why I get so sensitive, especially these days. I just feel off, like I just want to be alone. My body feels tired, and I can't even move a muscle. I know that today is our assessment, and I should be practicing, but I certainly don't feel good.

I remember what happened yesterday. Jiwon tied my shoelaces. Jiwon, out of all the people on this earth, like, that jerk is nothing but bad news, and now he's up to something weird. Okay, maybe I appreciate it a little, but now he called me a so, never mind.

"Yo, jerk, are you up?"

Speaking of the devil.

"Hey, wake up. We need to go. We have practice."

"Coming," I replied. I pushed myself to stand up. I usually don't get sick; I'm always healthy and just fine. I mean, sometimes I get headaches, but I'm used to it, so I don't really feel it anymore. But today, I just feel weird. I feel kind of shaky, I feel weak.

"Why are you taking so long, you..."

Jiwon forcefully opened the door. I was standing beside my bed, about to walk out, but that guy just barged into my room, his eyes scanning me from head to toe as if he was examining me or something.

"What?" I asked.

He didn't say anything. He walked out, and I heard his footsteps going down the stairs, and I could hear murmurs as if he was talking on the phone. I sighed. Who cares, though? I make my way out, and goodness, I can't even stand still. Alright, I already knew that I am going to mess up.

"The assessment is postponed. We can perform tomorrow morning. Team A is going to take this day; Jinhwan and the rest are going to have some time off, and you..." He pointed at me with his index finger as he walked up the stairs where I was standing. "Get dressed; we are going to see a doctor."

Wait, what?

I didn't say anything; I just knew that I was now sitting in his car, on the passenger seat. I literally can't even move a muscle as he drives so fast! He is really such an . I was gripping onto my seat. I really can't take the fast car; I get a little shaky when it comes to that. Jiwon is basically ignoring my presence; of course, he would want to pretend that I am not here. Obviously, he didn't even bother to notice my fear because of his awful driving skills. For sure, he was even irritated by the fact that I am here beside him, and he is driving for me on the way to the hospital. Not like I wanted to be here in the first place, though.

"Can you drive slowly?!" I blurted. I just can't take this anymore.

I heard him sigh as he lowered down the speed. That was surprising, actually; Jiwon not saying anything to piss me off? That was different. Minutes later, we arrived at our destination, and Jiwon, being the jerk he is, left me in the car without even saying what to do. I was about to get out of the car when I saw him coming back with a wheelchair. Okay, this is weird.

"Can't you stop being stupid even just for a day?" He said, tugging my hand and pulling me slightly towards him. I almost fell down on my knees, luckily he was in front of me to prevent me from falling. I didn't know why I became so weak; I just feel my whole body shaking, and I can't stand properly without trembling. He positioned me in the wheelchair and finally made our way inside. This is weird for Jiwon; for him to be considerate right now.

"You can actually leave me here now," I said, looking back at him over my shoulder. He didn't even look at me; he just smirked. "I am serious. You can go home and do your thing; I don't want to take so much of your time." I continued. With that, his eyes met mine, and I knew that he was getting pissed over my statement.

"Do you want President Yang to kill me?"

I gulped. Oh, did the President force Jiwon again?

"Oh," I look down. "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

I heard him sigh as we stopped right in front of HR, and he makes a deal with the nurses. They all look at me and gave me a smile and a quick nod towards Jiwon. The nurses took over, and Jiwon stepped back, making a way for them to take me. I just feel uncomfortable with so many people handling me like I don't really need that much; why are they making this a big deal?

"Behave," Jiwon bends a little and whispers right in my ear. He was so close to me that I could actually feel his breath, and I don't know why, but maybe I was just being sensitive, that I feel slightly shivered by his breath. "Don't make a mess, alright?" His lips almost touching my ears, and I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I just can't move my body. "I'll wait here; relax." I almost gasped when he breathed out just right in my ears. I look at him in the eyes, and I saw a concerned look plastered on his face.

What is wrong with this guy? One minute he was cold and treated you like crap, and now he'll take care of you and make you nervous.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter