05.

Poison & Wine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday, 9:00 AM

 

Hanbin trudged his way to the building, exhausted and worn out. It was already 9 AM, and predictably, he was late. Jiwon hadn't let him sleep until morning, insisting he clean up the mess scattered around the house. Hanbin had never been so annoyed in his life; Jiwon was a real jerk, making Hanbin's life a living hell.

Jiwon spotted him heading towards the studio and tossed a face towel at him with a glint in his eyes. Hanbin glared back. "What do you want this time?" he snapped. Jiwon smirked and headed outside, ignoring Hanbin.

"What's going on?" Jinhwan asked, watching Jiwon leave and closing the door behind him. He turned back to Hanbin. "And why are you late?" he eyed him up and down. "You look terrible."

"That didn't let me sleep, making me clean up all his mess," he hissed as he stretched out his arms. "How's practice?"

"Never been better. The assessment is on Friday, so we have to get ready. Jiwon is working on our MR, but I think he's having a problem with it. He was in the studio all night. I wanted to help, but it's not my strong suit," Jinhwan frowned and sighed, clearly disappointed in himself for not being able to contribute more to the team.

"Jiwon was up with me all night," Hanbin mumbled, hoping Jinhwan didn't hear him clearly.

"But thank goodness he rested last night. He almost locked himself in the studio for days. Just like you, dancing and choreographing for weeks. You two can really make this team big," he said proudly. The smile on Jinhwan's face sent shivers down Hanbin's spine. He probably didn't hear what Hanbin mumbled, thank goodness. Hanbin had never felt so proud of his work until someone close to him praised him. And suddenly, Hanbin felt good.

"We're almost done with the choreography. I think I can help Jiwon with the MR," he said, without considering the consequences of working with the beast. Unfortunately, editing the MR was Hanbin's pastime, and he enjoyed it. It was his forte, making songs, and Jiwon should know that.

"Right," Jinhwan chuckled. "You're one in a million, Hanbin. We're lucky to have you. This time, we're sure we can win this assessment." he said proudly. "Though, take these sandwiches to Jiwon. He didn't have breakfast this morning. I'm sure you're hungry too." he handed Hanbin two sandwiches, and Hanbin's mouth watered at the sight.

"Thank you so much. I'll be back," he said before taking the food and heading out.

Saturday, 2:00 PM

Hanbin wasn't sure about this. Of course, Jiwon would just snap at him, and he'd end up digging himself deeper because dealing with Jiwon was a real pain in the . But Hanbin didn't understand why.

Why was Jiwon being like this to him?

He hadn't done anything wrong, had he? He almost served Jiwon like his own master, doing things that, if Jiwon could only appreciate a bit, would make life easier. Hanbin didn't understand why he cared. He didn't understand why Jiwon's opinion always mattered, as if it were a part of his life. Hanbin didn't understand anything at all.

He stopped in front of the recording studio. The door was closed, but he could hear sounds coming from inside. The door was transparent, so he could clearly see Jiwon sitting on a chair, head dipped down on the table, looking small and depressed at the same time. He was listening to G-Dragon's "That xx." Wasn't it a bit ironic since Hanbin had sung that song last week? It really pushed Hanbin to the edge and made him feel insulted when Jiwon didn't say anything. Truth be told, Hanbin didn't want anything right now except for Jiwon's appreciation, and he hated himself for that because he sincerely didn't understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter