Chapter 2

Restart [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The words rang over and over again in Kai's mind.

"We found Kyungmi."

He didn't know what to do. It was as if his brain just shut down completely and he was nothing more than an empty body. Kai blinked once. Then twice as his senses started to come back. He started to hear the hustle and bustle outside, the sound of Kris crinkling the fold and even the sound of Suho's breathing.

"How?" I asked calmly as I watched Suho and Kris' expressions. Suho gestured to Kris to explain.

"The crime team infiltrated a warehouse where a drug deal was going down. They had received that some of the biggest drug lords would be there. As soon as they entered, everyone fleed. The group they were trying to catch managed to slip right through their fingers. They were only able to get a good grip on Kyungmi as she pushed her team from the venue. They ran her prints through the system and seeing as they came up on our radar, they handed her to us, no questions asked."

"It can't be." I stated evenly as Suho looked confused. "She promised me that she wouldn't do drugs. It has to be a mistake."

Kris gazed sympathetically at me as he made a move forward.

"There's a recording of her receiving drugs from them. There was drugs all around them."

Kai's body wanted to shake in shock. Had that much really changed in two years? Did two years really change a person into someone he didn't even know?

"We were hoping she would provide us with information but she hasn't said a single word since she was brought in."

"Where is she?" Kai forced out, keeping his voice steady. Suho stood up as Kai followed him quickly. Kai caught the questionly look Lay was sending him and Sehun gazed at him in concern.

The trio stopped in front of interrogation room 4 as Kai peered inside. He could feel his heart drop as his eyes widened once they landed on the figure sitting inside. Kyungmi was there. His Kyungmi was there, just a few feet in front of him.

However, Kai's eyes narrowed as they took in Kyungmi's frame. Although the table was obstructing most of her body, he could still see from the table up. Kyungmi was noticeably skinnier. She was tiny before but now she looked as if she would snap in half if someone hugged her a little too hard. The light brown hair Kai was so used to was gone, its place was a blonde hue. Streaks of blue and purple peeked out everytime she shifted in her chair. Her large doe eyes were rimmed with black eye-liner. Kai could barely make out traces of black ink along her arm, wrist and the back of her neck which nearly sent him sprawling in shock. 

 

The innocent girl he had dated was gone. Gone were the eyes that were always filled with happiness and laughter. Gone was the brown hair that he used to run his fingers through. Gone was her milky white skin. Instead, the girl in front of him had an aura of death. Her eyes betrayed no feeling at all, not one thought could be deciphered. Her milky white skin was littered with tattoos. She wasn't the same person and Kai didn't know what to do.

 

The only evidence that gave away the fact that Kyungmi was even alive was the rise of her chest every so often and her blinking eyes. Other than that, she was as still as a statue.

Kai held out his hand as the folder Kris was holding onto earlier was dropped.

 

Name: Kyungmi Park

Age: 22

Status: Unknown

Affiliation: Bangtan

Caught for: Center of drug deal. Team 1 infiltrated an area after a tip was sent in about a drug deal going down. Upon arrival, twenty or so individuals fleed the scene. Team 2 caputred Kyungmi as a result. Sent to EXO division.

Priors: Arrest for drug traffiking, distrubtion, creation, larceney, etc

Kai closed the folder as he stared through the two way mirror again before heaving a deep sigh and pushing himself from the window. Suho grabbed his arm as he looked backwards.

"Be careful. She's not the same girl from before."

Kai gave a mute nod before placing his hand on the knob and twisting it open.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungmi was bored. She was terribly bored to the point that she had resulted to counting the cracks on the walls. She was that bored. How long had she been in here? It felt like days but at most it was probably a couple of hours. She wanted out, the walls felt as if it was caging her in, taunting that she was stuck in this boxed room.

Her ears pricked at the sound of the squeaky door opening. The door was squeaky the last time she was here and it was still just as squeaky. Just where were the taxpayers money going too? The trees?

Kyungmi's eyes flickered over to the individual who had closed the door behind him as he made his way over. The familiar face surfacing memories that she had locked away. The times that they had slept beside each other, cried together, laughed together all flickered quickly. He was the person she had spilled her secrets too while offering her advice. Except, he had taken everything and shoved it right back into her face by betraying her. Her heart had shattered into tiny pieces, never to be fixed again.

 

Kyungmi watched as he pulled the chair out opposite of her before sitti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter