Chapter 3

Restart [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The yellow gurney slid across the glossy floors as it made its way to the elevator. For once in his life, Kai hated the elevator. It felt like years were passing when instead it was just seconds. He glanced downwards and felt whatever was left of his heart shatter even more. Kyungmi laid there, pale and unmoving. Her nose and mouth was obstructed by an oxygen mask while one of the paramedicas was keeping a steady pressure on her bleeding arm.

The elevator doors opened as everyone rushed out. Kai watched anxiously from behind as they loaded Kyungmi into the back of the ambulance before climbing in after her.

"Tell Seoul National we're on our way." One barked to the other before climbing into the driver's side and speeding off before Kai could even properly be seated.

"Seoul National, this is Ambulance 567. We're currently enroute with an unconscious female in her twenties. Large laceration to her right arm. ETA 5 minutes." The second EMT muttered into a walkie talkie as static filled the tiny van once she had finished.

"Ambulance 567, we have medics on scene awaiting your arrival." Came the response as the white ambulance weaved in between cars while continuing to blare the sirens loudly.

Once the ambulance had come to a complete stop, the doors were ripped open as several uniformed doctors and nurses grabbed the gurney and pulled Kyungmi out while shouting orders to one another as they wheeled away, leaving Kai behind. He glanced down at his shirt and grimaced, Kyungmi's blood had splattered the plaid shirt, it made him look as if he had just gotten out of a horror movie.

"Sir." A nurse led him to the nurse's station. "I need you to call her guardians."

Kai blinked once. Then twice before pulling out her badge.

"I'm with Seoul Police Department. This happened in my custody."

The nurse nodded in understanding but pressed the issue further.

"We still need her guardians contacted just in case something happens. It's standard procedure. Plus, there's a bunch of medical forms that need to be filled out."

Kai was slid a clipboard of forms before he picked up a pen.

"I can do them. I'm her...boyfriend."

The nurse looked skeptic at his answer but didn't press the issue further. Who was she to go aganist the police?

 

Kai waited with his elbows on his knees as he sat in one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs. His eyes darted around as different patients were milling about. How long had he been here? A few stitches weren't suppose to take this long.

"Kim Jongin?" An unfamiliar deep voice called out as Kai's head snapped up to see a doctor dressed in blue scrubs holding a clipboard. Scrambling to his feet, he practically ran to the doctor's sign.

"I'm Jongin. How's Kyungmi?"

"Miss Park is fine. We were able to stitch up the wound after we stopped the bleeding. She just needs to come back in a couple of weeks to get the stitches taken out. However, my concern isn't the wound, but rather her health as a whole. We ran a few tests and noticed that she's been skipping meals. She's on the brink of starvation and exhaustion. We found several traces of drugs in her system. I advise that you get Miss Park the help that she needs before it's too late."

"Of course." Kai whispered out. "Can I see her now?"

"Follow me." The doctor beckoned as both of them walked down the hallway.

 

Gripping onto Kyungmi's hand, Kai rubbed his thumb over her knuckles as he stared at her calm and serene face. The only noise in the room being the steady heart monitor and the IV drip that was pumping fluid into her system. 

The door to her room opened as Kai's head snapped up only to see Chanyeol stepping inside.

"How is she?" Chanyeol asked as he sat beside me. The usual loud and bright Chanyeol being replaced by a quiet and serious version.

Kai let out a shrug as his eyes darted back to Kyungmi's face.

"She's out of the woods and should wake up in a couple of minutes. Doc found traces of drugs in her system whic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter