Chapter 8

Restart [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The duo made their way into the bustling police station. Kai gave out several bows and received several as Kyungmi trailed silently behind him like a lost puppy. Except the fact that she wasn't lost. She knew the ins and outs of the building at the back of her hand.

Several curious glances were thrown her way as she glared right back causing them to scurry away in fear. The younger ones on the force knew exactly who she was, whereas the older ones either knew her or knew of her but not how she looked like. She preferred to keep it that way.

Kai pushed open the double glass doors as they made their way inside. Keyboard clicking and footsteps all streamed into Kyungmi's ears. Papers were being thrown around, random bangs could be heard and the clinging of handcuffs.

 

"Hyung!" A familiar voice rang out. Kyungmi glanced in the direction to find a mop of blonde hair attached to the face of Oh Sehun. The youngest in the department. He had the noonas throwing themselves at his feet obeying his every whim and command.

"And noona?" He questioned as his head tilted to the side cutely with his eyes blinking rapidly. It was as if the word noona caused everyone to freeze what they were doing and stare at the door, which was exactly what happened. Ten other pairs of eyes pinned themselves to Kyungmi. There were looks of surprise and disbelief written all over their faces. Kyungmi merely stared at them back boredly. She wasn't some sort of animal. Anymore staring and she was going to rip their eyes out and throw it to her dogs for dinner. 

 

The silence was thickening as awkwardness filled the air. However, the two leaders weren't dumb enough to let this continue and quickly composed themselves.

"Hello Kyungmi." Suho greeted politely while Kris offered a head nod in Kyungmi's direction.

"Yo." Kyungmi greeted back.

It was as if a trance had been broken as everyone finally came back to their senses and went back to their respective duties. The EXO department was always busy, they had case after case that only they could solve. Not to mention, their solving rate was quite high compared to the other departments which resulted in more work being dumped on them.

Kyungmi's ears perked up at the sound of thundering footsteps which highly resembled a pack of elephants. True to her words, the doors swung open as Tao and Lay came flying through as if they just ran a marathon.

"We have her in holding." Lay panted as Tao rested a hand on his shoulder before both of their eyes widened as they straightened up.

"Hi Kyungmi." Lay offered a small wave.

"Hi jiejie." Tao muttered out as he continued to stare at her.

Zhang Yixing or commonly known as Lay was always smiling no matter what the situation was. He was more of a pacifist and preferred to talk out problems.

Huang Zitao or Tao was the complete opposite. He was skilled in wushu and would much rather beat the answer out of the person than to talk out the issue. He and Lay made a great pair. They had the brains and the strength. Both of them were usually sent into interrogation together.

Kai had led me to his desk where he gently pushed me down into the vacant chair. He was placing his gun into the drawer when the two members had run in.

"Who wants to interview her this time?" Kris announced as the group visibly paled. It was so silent you could almost hear a pin drop onto the shining floor.

"She tried to eat me last time." Luhan shuddered as Chanyeol blanched.

"She practically tried to me in the room last time." Xiumin snorted as he recalled the memory. Chen who was in the room with him last time looked like he was on the brink of puking.

"That is one person I never want to interview again." Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he spoke.

Kai let out a sigh as he ran his fingers through his messy hair before standing up.

"Since none of you guys want to do it, I'll take one for the team." He announced but didn't look to pleased at the situation either. 

Reaching for Kyungmi's hand, he hauled her to her feet before leading her to interrogation. Kyungmi had no idea why he was taking her to interrogation in the first place.

Sehun and Suho trailed slowly behind them as we stopped in front of Interroagtion 5. Kai stopped before letting go of Kyungmi's hand and pointing to both Sehun and Suho.

"Watch her." He jabbed a finger in her direction as she glared. What was she? A child? She clearly didn't need a babysitter.

"Don't try anything Mimi." He growled in my direction as he read the look on my face as she let out a smirk causing Sehun to shudder in response.

"No promises." Kyungmi sang as she waved him off in the direction of the door. 

Kyungmi's held tilted as Kai entered the enclosed space. The door squeaked open causing the girl sitting at the table to look up as Kyungmi's face contorted into one of recognition and disgust. It was none other than Hyuna of the gang 4Minute. Kyungmi and her never saw eye to eye on anything but had remained civil since their areas were near one another. Not to mention, Kyungmi could snap her neck in any given second which Hyuna clearly knew.

Minutes ticked by as she could feel her eyebrow twitch. Although Hyuna was handcuffed to the pole Kyungmi had been chained too a few days prior, she could see that the girl clearly wanted to touch Kai. She had moved forward before pressing her hands together and practically shoving her chest into Kai's face as Kyungmi scowled. Did this girl not have any class? Kyungmi's grip on the window sill got tighter as her knuckles nearly turned whit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter