Who You Love

Songs Of My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I already caught you guys making out on the couch. I think you’re beyond the level of a first date,” said Sehun sarcastically, watching Chanyeol from the doorframe of the bathroom. He was tapping his feet in place while gelling his hair and he only briefly paused at his roommate’s snide remark.

“We weren’t making out,” he rolled his eyes. “We’re hardly at that point yet.”

“Oh please, I saw the way you were looking at him. It was super creepy.”

“Because he’s a he?” Chanyeol stared at Sehun apprehensively. So far, his roommate had been pretty relaxed about his best friend being gay. But maybe he secretly resented him for it, and the thought secretly really worried him.

But he was instantly relieved. “No,” Sehun answered. “I don’t care about that. I just care when my roommate eyes someone in my house like they’re a piece of meat.”

“I-I do not!” he spluttered.

“Mhmm. Right. I’m just going to emphasize to you, I’m okay with you liking Baekhyun. He’s a nice guy and I give you my best friend approval stamp. But that does not mean it’s okay for me to hear you bumping uglies in the next room.”

Chanyeol wailed aloud in embarrassment and Sehun cackled evilly at his own comment.

“Just out of curiosity, when did making out with dudes become a normal thing for you? Did Kyungsoo turn you gay?”

Chanyeol snorted but was firm, “I told you, don’t talk about Kyungsoo. What I did with him was wrong, but he used me too, you know…and no, he didn't make me gay. I’m pretty sure I’ve always been into small guys.”

“Well thank god I’m six-foot-one then.”

He laughed, “Please, even if you were Baekhyun’s height I wouldn’t like you.”

Sehun huffed indignantly, “Why?”

“Because even at six-foot-one you’re still a little .”

“Ugh!” he feigned anger and Chanyeol laughed loudly.

When his sassy expression resided, Chanyeol turned to face him and spun around quickly, “Now, how do I look?”

“Like a douchebag,” he said bitterly and Chanyeol frowned. “I’m kidding! I’m kidding! Your delicate little rose is going to love you.”

Chanyeol blushed lightly, “He’s not that delicate.”

Sehun laughed openly and obnoxiously, and Chanyeol tapped his foot impatiently rolling his eyes at him again. His mom had warned him that someday they were going to get stuck in the back of his head. At this point he believed it.

Sehun wiped a tear from his eye, “Not that delicate…you slay me. Please, he’s even got you blushing now, and you’re just thinking about going on a date with him. You’re, like, eating dinner or something right? What happened to the guy who used to girls and leave them in the morning?”

Chanyeol was suddenly ashamed at the very thought and his features darkened noticeably. He hoped with all of his heart that none of those girls had liked him very much. Or not at all. He’d experienced heartbreak now and he’d be mortified if he’d ever caused it.

He folded his arms, “I’m not that kind of douchebag anymore.”

Sehun patted his shoulder, “Don’t be so serious. I’m not saying you changing is a bad thing at all. I’m proud of you. I really am.”

“Really?”

“Really. You’re kind of becoming a good guy now and I’m a little jealous. I want to be like that too.”

The two shared a look of brotherhood before Sehun shattered the silence distastefully.

“Wow, gag me. Don’t ever make me say something so sweet ever again.”

“Way to ruin the moment.”

“I don’t want to have a moment with you.” His eyes glanced to the clock. “Have your moment with your boy toy. Speaking of, aren’t you supposed to be meeting him right now? It’s almost five.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he looked around wildly, “! I’m late! And I’m so nervous I think I’m going to throw up!”

“EW,” he wrinkled his nose in disgust. “Look. Calm the down. Just go now and for god’s sake try to remember what being a man is like.”

He grabbed his jacket and wallet and darted from the door, leaving Sehun to laugh at his urgency.

 

 

When he arrived at Baekhyun’s house he stopped to catch his breath, checking his reflection in a window. He didn’t want to look like he’d been running, which he had, but he also didn’t want to look too casual, or too eager. It was a complicated emotion. He wanted Baekhyun to see his excitement, but not his parents who were sure to answer the door. They were playing a delicate game he knew. One wrong move and Baekhyun’s whole world would crumble around him. He could never be responsible for that. He wouldn’t be.

After he rang the buzzer, he was greeted almost immediately by both parents frowning gruffly. His mom seemed to no longer be enchanted with him and greeted him curtly. His dad barely huffed an acknowledgement. But in a flash Baekhyun was at the door and he was giving his goodbyes, reassuring them quickly and shutting the door.

When they’d passed the gate, faces stoic all the while, they turned and simultaneously beamed at each other, instantly laughing. Baekhyun covering his mouth and smiling, he shooed Chanyeol down the street, lest his parents hear them. God forbid, he sound happy.

When they turned the corner they said their real hellos, a little smile staying on Baekhyun’s lips as Chanyeol’s hand lingered for a moment on his shoulder.

As they turned and walked together Chanyeol asked him, “So what was that all about?”

Baekhyun looked up at him innocently, “What was what about?”

He rolled his eyes, “Your parents totally hate me now. Well I don’t think your dad ever liked me but your mom did at one point.”

“Oh.” He looked a little ashamed and sheepish. “Back then…. When I told them I didn’t want to see you, they decided that they didn’t like you. My dad said you were a bad influence.” He laughed a little coldly. “My mom said that she knew all along and that she was glad we weren’t friends.”

“Ouch.”

“Again, I’m still really sorry about that,” he looked up sadly, a pleading behind his eyes.

“I’m telling you, don’t be. I already forgave you a long time ago.” How could he not when Baekhyun had returned to him? When he was here with him now? When he had told him he loved him too? He was risking everything he knew in his life to be with Chanyeol, and if that wasn’t forgiveness-worthy than he didn’t know what was. Instead he smiled, “So how did you manage to come with me today then?”

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly again, but it was more of a proud smirk than anything, “Actually, I didn’t tell them that it was you I was meeting. At like four-fifty-five I told them my friend was coming a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter