Interlude: Sehun

Songs Of My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun realized that he didn’t know his best friend as well as he thought he did.

His family had been vacationing in Hawaii and he was exhausted. He wanted to come home and flop down on his bed and sleep for hours. God knows that the crying baby on the plane hadn’t let him. Why were babies even allowed in first class?

He expected to come home in the still of the morning and find everything as it were when he left. His roommate would be asleep and alone, or maybe gone at some girl’s house. So he was surprised, to say the least, when he unlocked the door at six AM and found an unknown pair of sneakers next to his roommate’s at the door.

He didn’t think much of it until his friend Kyungsoo crept quietly around the corner adjusting his shirt. He was startled a bit when he noticed Sehun, but he stayed silent, sending him a hard glare before grabbing his shoes and pushing past him, hobbling with a noticeable limp.

Sehun had a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach and his forehead broke out into a cold sweat. But he was being stupid. Right?

He readjusted his duffel on his shoulder and trudged down the dark hallway, noticing his roommate’s door was slightly ajar. The feeling arose in his stomach and he tried to ignore it when he threw the bag in the corner of his own room.

But curiosity got the better of him. And they say that curiosity killed the cat. Sehun didn’t want to be a cat, but he looked in his best friend’s room anyway.

What he saw was this. His best friend was lying face down into his pillow and though some of his body was covered in sheets, he was definitely , shoulders and back lying exposed, a bare thigh poking through. He was snoring like he’d been drinking and Sehun knew Chanyeol’s habits all too well. His clothes littered the floor near his bed and an unmistakable smell was in the air.

He didn’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that his friends had slept together. He just didn’t understand why. Not only had his friends slept together, but his two male friends had slept together.

He quickly and quietly shuffled back into his room and softly shut the door. In the mirror he glanced and saw that his eyes were wide, like he’d seen a specter.

 Were his friends gay? Had they always been this way? Had he been blind? No. He’d known about Kyungsoo. Though people might think he was dumb, Sehun was sharp when it came to people. He perceived interactions with a trained eye and he was always reading other’s expressions like an open book. So, of course he’d realized that their little friend was attracted to men. Especially men like his roommate. He’d seen the furtive glances he’d stolen at his roommate, admiring his overly tall and lightly muscular body. At first he’d thought they were admiration. But as they’d become more frequent he’d seen that there was something more in his eyes. Longing.

He shuddered.

But Chanyeol….Chanyeol was different. He liked women. He slept around and he was kind of a douche about it. That was one of the reasons they were friends for so long, they thought on similar planes. Or at least he’d thought they did. He wracked his brain for instances. He tried to think of other times Chanyeol had showed some interest in a man, maybe even Kyungsoo. But there were none.

He couldn’t sleep anymore, tossing and turning. Instead he lay flat on his bed, trying to piece everything together, but it wouldn’t quite fit.

He’d supposed that Chanyeol had been quite drunk, considering the way he’d been snoring. Kyungsoo on the other hand, didn’t seem that way. Had he gotten Chanyeol drunk on purpose, so he could sleep with him? But why would Chanyeol even do that? How could he even do that?

Maybe it was because Kyungsoo was so small and petite. Perhaps Chanyeol had been able to…do it because he’d thought of him like a girl.

He sighed frustrated. He’d probably never know the reason and it irritated him to no end. There was no way he could ask either about it. Kyungsoo was smart enough to realize he’d figured it out. That’s why he’d given him such a look when he’d left. But he knew Chanyeol would remain innocent.

Sehun could never tell him what he knew, not unless Chanyeol said something first. That’s just the kind of friend he was. If his friend was finding out something about himself, no matter how shocking, he would be secretly supportive. And until Chanyeol was willing to admit it, he would remain silent.

It was later that day when he found out what had happened to Kyungsoo while he was gone.

Kyungsoo’s life had pretty much gone to in the span of two days. His parents had been fighting for a while, but they’d finally gone over the deep end and were filing for divorce. It was going to be messy. They fought over everything. The house. The car. The money. Well, almost everything. It became blaringly apparent that neither of them wanted to be in charge of Kyungsoo. He needed housing and tuition, and neither of them wanted to deal with that. The realization had left Kyungsoo in utter despair.

His good friend Yixing had wanted to see him, to comfort him when he was crying. But as he drove to Kyungsoo’s apartment, a drunk driver swerved through the lanes and hit his own vehicle head on. Physically, his body would survive. Neither of them had been driving fast enough for the collision to be fatal. But his mind was the problem. His head had smashed into the glass on impact, and it had shattered his ability to think, to be human. His body sat in a coma in a hospital room, but his mind was gone. As far as Sehun was concerned, Yixing was dead.

With all of this falling upon him, of course Kyungsoo had needed comfort. Chanyeol probably didn’t know how to give it to him so he’d probably gotten drunk trying to get Kyungsoo drunk. Sehun knew their little friend was crafty. Despite the circumstances he knew Kyungsoo was the type to take advantage of a situation.

He shook his head in frustration, he never thought his roommate was so stupid in all his life. Yet he kept his mouth shut.

 

 

He only opened his mouth when Baekhyun showed up. His friend was quickly becoming obsessed with the small man and Sehun could read the signs. His roommate was falling in love with a man, and he thought it was so incredibly stupid.

He’d slept with one of their friends and he hadn’t said a word to Sehun. This new boy barely spoke a word to Chanyeol and he was all he could talk about.

He could see his roommate was changing. He was becoming softer, gentler. His love was lighting a fire and all Sehun could do was watch. But despite his u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter