A friend worth keeping.

Igno-Romance?

"Kyungsoo!!!" Luhan's scream was heard throughout the house.

"Luhan hyung? Why the heck are you here so early?" Kyungsoo whined.

"I'm bored. Sehun is at dance practice. I mean, it's really boring without no one bothering me."

"Hyung?" Jongin was sort of holding to thin air.

Kyungsoo immediately held onto Jongin's hands.

"Hi Jongin!"

"Oh, hi Luhan hyung! What brings you here?"

"I'm bored." Luhan shrugged.

"You got us wide awake so..." Jongin faced the other direction, thinking that he was facing Kyungsoo.

"Here, Jongie." Kyungsoo turned Jongin around.

"Let's go downstairs." Jongin grinned.

As they sat in the couch, it was dead silence.

"So...?"

Luhan sudden groan made the couple look at him. Well, Jongin turned his head to Luhan's side.

"I can't take this anymore!" Luhan pouted.

"What is it?"

"I'm sorry, Sehun." Luhan muttered silently but Jongin heard it.

"Why? What happened, hyung?" Jongin wanted to hold Luhan's hand but he ends up patting Luhan's lap.

Luhan chuckled and held Jongin's hand.

"What is it, hyung? Is there something wrong with Sehun?"

"Sehun... is not at dance practice."

"Of course he won't be. There's no dance practice on Friday." Jongin laughed.

"Well, Kyungsoo believed it." Luhan smirked. 

"I'm sorry, ok? I wasn't aware of that!" Kyungsoo blushed.

"So?"

"Luhan hyung, where is Sehun? Did he cheat on you?!"

"No way! Sehun would never do that!"

"WAIT YOU TWO!" Luhan shouted.

The couple looked at him again.

"He... Sehun is at the hospital."

"HE GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT?!" The couple both shouted at Luhan.

"NO! THEN I WOULD BE CRYING MY HEART OUT AND BE ACTUALLY TRYING TO KILL MYSELF!" Luhan looked at them both with a terrified face.

"Then what?!" Jongin hissed.

"Why do the two of you think so negative, huh?! Now, I'm actually worried." Luhan pouted.

"Then tell us, hyung." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Sehun's at the hospital because he was looking for an eye donor."

Luhan was confused when Jongin didn't look happy. Kyungsoo probably knew because he began backhugging the latter.

"What's wrong with that?"

"I don't want to burden Sehun."

"You can never burden Sehun. You're a friend."

"He've done a lot of things for me. I didn't do anything."

Sehun called Luhan.

"Oh, good. It's actually Sehun." Luhan answered the call.

"Hi Lu! How's Jongin there?"

"He's here. He's being overly dramatic." Luhan rolled his eyes at Jongin's pout.

"I knew this would happen anyway. You told them right? And Jongin got insecure, right?"

 "Yeah. Sorry Sehun."

 

 

"It's fine."

 

 

"So... the donor?"

 

"Oh yeah. Still nothing. Don't worry, I won't give up just yet."

 

"Luhan hyung... can I talk to Sehun?"

 

Luhan smiled and gave his phone to Kyungsoo who put it on Jongin's ear.

 

"Sehun?"

 

"Oh, Jongin. How are you?"

 

"Why are you doing this?"

 

"It's for you. For you to see again. I don't know how it feels to be blind but I know it's not easy."

 

"Sehun, you know I don't want to be a burden."

 

"And you're not. I'm doing this on my own will. And besides, we're best friends. It's one of my duties to help you and make you happy, Jongin."

 

 

"But I haven't been doing my duty to you, Sehun. I haven't been doing my duty as a friend to you."

 

"Don't be like that. You gave me a lot of things that no one can ever afford. You gave me one friendship that is worth keeping forever. And the things I do for you is just a token of my friendship."

 

 

"Sehun..."

 

"You know that even if we are the most popular kids in our school, I only have you as my true friend, right? Maybe along with Kyungsoo and some others. You know that I trust you the most, right?" 

 

"Thank you, Sehun." Jongin felt tears streaming down his face.

 

"You're welcome. I have to go. See you." Sehun's voice seems to croak at the end.

 

Kyungsoo gave the phone to Luhan and began hugging Jongin.

 

After a few hours, Jongin was asleep at the couch and the two friends were at the kitchen.

 

"So Kyungsoo, how is it living with Jongin?"

 

 

"Fun. It actually made me feel like I'm living with him as my husband already."

 

Luhan only laughed at how lovestruck Kyungsoo sounded.

 

"Luhan hyung..."

 

"Yeah?" Before Luhan can face Kyungsoo, the latter already hugged him. And Luhan was shocked.

 

 

"Hyung, I missed you." 

 

"I missed you too, Kyungsoo. It actually feels so lonely without you at home, you know? I don't have my best friend that I can baby." Luhan hugged Kyungsoo back.

 

"You have Sehun."

 

"Sehun is not a baby. I'm actually the baby when I'm with him." Luhan pouted.

 

"Really?" Kyungsoo chukled.

 

"Yeah. So Kyungsoo, how come you're saying this to me now, huh?" Luhan sways their bodies from side to side.

 

"I don't know. Jongin and Sehun actually got me quite emotional there. You know, they made me realize how lucky I am to have you too."

 

"I'm lucky to have you too, Kyungsoo." 

 

"Really? Even when I get insecure?"

 

"I won't stop reminding you how great you are. Like I mean, Jongin's head over heels for you." Luhan laughed at Kyungsoo's blushing face.

 

"Hyung!" Kyungsoo whined.

 

"What? It's true."

 

"You're so mean."

 

"Yet you love me, Kyungsoo."

 

 

"Yeah..."

 

The two friends shared laughters throughout the day until Sehun went there.

 

 

"Jongin?" Sehun shaked Jongin's shoulders.

 

"Sehun, is that you?" Jongin rubbed his eyes.

 

"Yeah. Where's Kyungsoo and Luhan? They're probably at the kitchen."

 

"So, how are-"

 

Sehun stopped talking when Jongin hugged him.

 

"How... how did you know I was sitting here?" 

 

 

"You're too loud."

 

"What a brilliant answer, Kim Jongin." Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

"Sehun... are you going to the hospital tomorrow?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Can I come too?"

 

"Huh? Why?"

 

"If you really want to help me, I want to be there too. So you won't be alone. And besides, I think Luhan hyung and Kyungie needs some best friend time too." Jongin chuckled, both him and Sehun hearing the roars of laughter.

 

 

"I bet you're right."

 

"Sehun, one more thing."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Don't keep secrets from me. In any decision you make, I want to be there for you. Either it's bad for me to stop you or good for me to support you. I just want you to lean on me. I want to be the best friend I know I can be to you. Promise?"

"Promise." Sehun smiled.