Who said anything about giving up?

Igno-Romance?

The next day, Kyungsoo went to Chanyeol's ward.

He smiled when he saw that Baekhyun was hugging Chanyeol. They were both in that small bed.

Kyungsoo sat to the chair next to them and Baekhyun stirred and slowly opened his eyes to look at Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo?"

"Hyung, how is Chanyeol hyung?"

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol then back at Kyungsoo.

"He's actually better now than last week. It was a nightmare." Baekhyun sighed.

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol. The latter already had a tube on his mouth.

"Kyungsoo, the doctor said that Chanyeol might..." Baekhyun stopped his words as tears streamed down his face.

"What?"

"He might be in need of life support anytime soon." Baekhyun wiped his tears.

"Don't lose hope, hyung." Kyungsoo held Baekhyun's hands.

"Who said anything about losing hope?" Baekhyun smirked.

Kyungsoo could only chuckle.

"Jongin and I talked the other day at the phone."

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun confusingly.

"He said that I shouldn't lose hope. Chanyeol... is one strong guy. Jongin told me that I should be strong for him. Because I'm the only thing he's holding on to."

Kyungsoo nodded.

"And you know what?" Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo which caused the latter to look back.

"He told me how I should be like you." 

"What? Aish, that guy." 

"I should be strong. That you're the only reason he's happy that he could see again. He only wants you to be happy. And Jongin told me that Chanyeol thinks the same thing."

"Baekhyun hyung, I may be strong but right now, you're stronger. Chanyeol... it's not going to be easy for him. And neither will it be for you. And yet, you're still here."

"It's because I love him, Kyungsoo. Like I said, a life without Chanyeol isn't Baekhyun's life."

Kyungsoo hugged Baekhyun again.

Baekhyun really is strong.

As soon as Kyungsoo got home, he ran to the bedroom where a certain blind guy is sitting.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, hi baby!" Jongin grinned.

"What did you say to Baekhyun hyung the other day? Why am I an example?" Kyungsoo whined as he sat next to Jongin.

"It's to give him hope, Kyungsoo. He needs it."

Kyungsoo still grumbled as he leaned to Jongin's chest.

"So? How's Chanyeol?" Jongin played with Kyungsoo's hair.

"It's..." Kyungsoo bit his lip.

"Baekhyun hyung told me that last week was the worst. How is he today?"

"Umm, well Jongin... Chanyeol is better now. But..."

"But what?"

"He might be in need of... life support." Kyungsoo sighed.

"W-What?" Jongin froze.

"If it gets worse, he might be in need of life support." Kyungsoo s his arms around Jongin's torso.

"That's... that's awful." Jongin put his arms around Kyungsoo's neck and rest his chin on the other's head.

"Yeah..."

"I hope he won't give up."

"Who said anything about giving up?" Kyungsoo chuckled as he remembered Kyungsoo saying the same thing.

Jongin laughed.

At the hospital, Chanyeol woke up and saw Baekhyun watching tv at the couch.

"Baek?"

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and quickly went to his side.

"You need anything?"

"Yeah." Chanyeol smiled.

"What is it?" Baekhyun tilted his head to the side.

"You. Now, come here. I missed your warmth." Chanyeol opened his arms in which Baekhyun happily dived in.

"I'm quite surprised how I can still understand you, even with a tube on your mouth." 

"That's one of the benefits of being together half our lives."

"Chanyeol... I have to tell you this."

"What is it?"

"Please recover quickly." Baekhyun caressed his cheek.

"Why?" 

"If your illness gets worse, they will have to put on a lufe support on you."

"Oh." 

"Right, oh." Baekhyun sighed.

"Are you giving up?"

"Who said anything about giving up?" 

"Baek..."

"You know my motto, right?  A life without Chanyeol-"

"Is not Baekhyun's life." Chanyeol smiled.

"So of course I won't give up!"

"I love you, I really do."

"And I love you too, Chan." 

They slowly closed their eyes as they shared sweet kisses.

Back at the house of Jongin and Kyungsoo.

"Yah, why are you leaving?" Kyungsoo pouted as Jongin stood up.

"I'm going to take a bath." Jongin was practically stretching his arms out, in hope of not bumping into anything.

Kyungsoo pouted as he pulled Jongin to the bathroom.

"It's still so early."

"Baby, stop whining, ok? I smell." 

"No you don't." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Baby..." Jongin said in a warning tone.

"Alright, alright. Just hurry. I'll miss you too much." Kyungsoo pouted as he raised his arms in surrender.

Jongin chuckled in victory though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the short update!!!