Suddenly

Can't Resist

Taeyeon sat in their investigation room still upset on how the task to arrest J.J. went down south real bad. She sighed and tapped her pen on the table. When she was just about to rest her head on the surface, she got a call. “yes, director?”

 

“Taeyeon, we got a call from the police department that J.J. is at a bank on the south side of downtown. They called us first since we’re closer to the scene.” He paused to clear his throat. “now, I don’t want an incident to happen like it did last time. Got it?”

 

“yes, director.” Taeyeon hung up her phone and stood up energized. “that was the director. Gear up.”

 

“what did he say?” Tiffany was gathering her things.

 

“Je-I mean J.J. is attempting to rob a bank.” She adjusted her tie and put a mag into her gun. “we need to get there ASAP”

 

Tiffany didn’t ask any more questions and geared up with the rest of them.

 

----

 

“okay, so how is this suppose to go again?” Yoona stood there confused watching Jessica fix herself in the bank’s bathroom mirror.

 

The girl only sighed. “we’re going to take what we need and then I want you to stay outside and act like a regular person on the street and watch her.”

 

“I get that part, but why do you want me to follow them?”

 

Jessica turned around and smiled.

 

Yoona didn’t know how to take the look that was on her face. “I don’t know what is happening?”

 

“you’ll see.” she turned around back to the mirror making the final touches.

 

The girl just stood there with not a clue to what she is planning.

 

“mhmmm” she turned around satisfied with herself and smiled at Yoona again. “how do I look?”

 

the taller girl stood there with an expressionless face and opened . “I feel like throwing up…”

 

“S.M. agents are pulling around the front.”

 

Yoona talked into the mic. “remember don’t engage in anything unless stated by J.J.”

 

“yes ma’am.”

 

“well, you heard them.” Yoona turned to Jessica who just stood there gleaming in delight that she can she that one girl again.

 

“well go outside and wait.” She spoke into the mic when Yoona left and then she gave out orders to the rest of her crew. “did we clean out the place?”

 

“yes miss, we did.”

 

Jessica smiled before talking “then let’s get out of here.”

 

“I’ll send two people to you out.”

 

“no need. I’ll be fine on my own.”

 

“but-“

 

“I’ll be fine, just get out quickly before other reinforcement comes.”

 

“yes, but be careful miss.”

 

Jessica smiled, her crew is very loyal to her and she doesn’t want anything bad to happen to them. “I will be.” She walked out of the bathroom and very carefully tipped toed around to make sure not to grab the attention of the other agents that are not Taeyeon.

 

----

 

Taeyeon and the rest of her squad pulled up to the bank. “all right, since this is obviously a robbery I want everyone to be cautious at all times and if you run into civilians make sure they’re okay and move on to clear out the whole place.”

 

All the girls got out of the car and cautiously walked into the bank. It was dead silent in there that you could probably hear a coin drop and it would echo through the whole building.

 

Jessica peeked out from a corner and can see she’s with the rest of her squad. “hm…” she didn’t pay attention to the other agents. She shrugged her shoulders and decided it’s time for her to leave and wait for Yoona to call her.

 

Taeyeon as well as the rest of her squad kept their guns pointed to the ground and took a look around the establishment. She kept her voice low. “Sunny, Seohyun, cover the east side, me and Tiffany with cover the west.”

 

They nodded understanding their leaders orders and started to move out. They kept their footsteps light to make to not turn this into a hostel situation. As they moved slowly on the walls they passed by an office, they didn’t think anything was in there until they heard muffled screams. Both Tiffany and Taeyeon stopped, looked at each other and backup opening the door. They were relieved when the people who were taken hostage by J.J. were okay.

 

Taeyeon talked to them softly. “we need to clear the area, we’ll be back soon and we’ll take off the restraints.”

 

They cleared the whole building; it didn’t look like anyone robbed the place unless you look in the vaults. Taeyeon scratched her head confused as why the robbery didn’t go down as violent as they say Jessica was.

 

“we can’t do anything at this point Taeyeon. This robbery was clean, too clean to get anything” Sunny rested her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “let’s go.”

 

Taeyeon agreed and wrapped her arm around Sunny’s and walked to their car with the other two girls and left.

 

Yoona did as Jessica told her and to act like a normal person and just follow them. She mumbled to herself. “I can’t believe I’m doing this…” she followed them all the way to what she thinks is their house. She brought out her phone and called Jessica right away.

 

“where are you at?” Jessica didn’t waste time to get straight to the point without even a ‘hello’ to her best friend.

 

Yoona decided to play with her a little bit. She took a deep sigh. “that’s what I was calling about…” she paused for a good few seconds. “I lost her…” she smiled mischievously. She could hear Jessica’s start to exhale violently out her nose.

 

“how could you lose them?! It’s not that hard following someone!!!”

 

Yoona broke out in laughter making the other person on the line confused as hell. “ah, Jessica” she held her stomach. “I was only kidding.”

 

“don’t play with me like that Yoona!”

 

Yoona let her laugher die down slowly and wiped the formed tears in the corner of her eyes and spoke. “they just pull into their house. I’ll be back in awhile.”

 

“okay…” Yoona surely can’t see her, but she knows that Jessica is smiling.

 

When Yoona got back into the hideout, she walked into Jessica’s room and saw the girl getting ready. “hey”

 

Jessica turned around and smiled. “hey!” she said cheerfully and walked over to Yoona’s side. “thank you for doing this for me!”

 

The girl just rolled her eyes. “I know, I’m too good of a friend for you. I think this is the last thing I’m doing for you, ever!”

 

Jessica started to pout and shook Yoona’s arm. “no…” she put her head down. “now what am I suppose to do with all that food downstairs especially made for my best friend?”

 

Yoona body stiffened. “food?”

 

“yeah.” Jessica covered her face. “I got it for you because you did this for me, but I can give it to the other crew members I guess…”

 

Yoona shook her head. “what am I saying? I think it’s because I haven’t eaten for a couple of hours.”

 

Jessica looked at her and smiled. “well the food is downstairs. You can enjoy that while I go and take Taeyeon.”

 

Yoona was about to leave to go eat, but as soon as she heard Taeyeon, she stopped and turned around to her best friend. “you’re not going alone.”

 

Jessica knitted her eyebrows. “and why is that?”

 

“because I don’t trust that agent.”

 

“well who do you want me to take?”

 

Yoona knows Jessica crew is top notch, but she doesn’t want to risk it. “I’ll go.”

 

Jessica just nonchalantly agrees and goes back to getting ready for the night while Yoona went to fill her belly. It took awhile before Jessica came back down in an all black outfit seeing Yoona waiting on the sofa. “I’m ready!”

 

The taller girl got up and stretched her body and exhaling before looking at her friend. “I like the outfit.”

 

“really? Because I thought I should just keep it simple for where we’re going.” She walked off to her black BMW i8 and opened the door.

 

“where are we going?”

 

“like I said before, you’ll see.”

 

Yoona only sighed and sat in the passenger seat.

 

Jessica started the engine and took off with the directions that Yoona gave her. “you have to get in the back seat when I come back.”

 

“wait, wait, wait…” she put her hand in front of Jessica to make sure she is understanding this. “she’s coming with us?”

 

“yeah” her smile was bright in the night sky. “I’ll be back in a moment.” She closed the car door and checked out the house and see if she can figure out where Taeyeon’s room is. She also needed to find a way to get into the house without being notice.  Checking out the whole house she finally smiled at the agents being careless about leaving a window unlocked in their own home. She waited for a few seconds before opening and climbing through the window. She tipped toed and covered by the door. She observed her surroundings, she could guess since there were four of them that all their rooms had to be upstairs. The catch was, which one is the girl that she came here for.

 

When she was about to step out further, she heard voices in the area on the other side of the wall. “do we have anything else that could be useful?” Jessica smiles as she remembers whose voice that is.

 

“not really. no finger prints, no nothing.”

 

“I guess this is why she has never been caught.”

 

The girl smirked at being complimented even though it wasn’t intended as a good thing.

 

“well” she heard her sigh. “I guess that’s it and we’ll continue this investigation tomorrow.” After what she guessed Taeyeon dismissed them, she hid further into the room and checked if Taeyeon went with them upstairs. She didn’t see her go up so she thought she was still in that room making this her chance to get her alone.

 

Each of her footsteps towards Taeyeon were silent, she finally peeked through the corner and sees the girl cleaning all the papers on the table. she unconsciously smiled and came up behind her to cover .

 

Taeyeon stood there startled for a moment and her natural instinct at this point is to fight back. She pulled Jessica’s hand off of twisted and flipped Jessica on her back on the floor.

 

Jessica muffled her agony as she tried to say quietly because she didn’t want to bring attention downstairs.

 

Taeyeon finally saw who was on the floor and was confused to why she was there. She kept a defensive stance with her fist in the air knowing Jessica profile. “what are you doing here?”

 

The girl on the floor got up and stretched out her back. “I don’t get why you did that.” She dusted herself off and looked at Taeyeon who was really to brawl.

 

“wouldn’t you if someone came up unexpectedly and covered your mouth?”

 

Jessica stifled her laugh. “I guess I would’ve done the same.” She fixed her clothes. “come out with me tonight.”

 

Taeyeon heard that more of a command and was thinking why she would follow her words. Also it registered in her mind that certain agencies want her captured and she doesn’t think twice, she grabs her gun that was on the table. “no, you’re coming with me tonight.”

 

Jessica just gave her an are-you-serious look. “quit playing.” She was going to go and try to make the girl lower her weapon.

 

“I said don’t” she stood there as firm as she can be.

 

The girl just raised her hands and rolled her eyes. As Taeyeon was walking closer to her she eyed the gun that was in her hand. At the speed of light, her hands grabbed the gun away from Taeyeon and aimed it at her.

 

Taeyeon saw that Jessica thought she had this in the bag, but Taeyeon knew she could at least take it out of her hand once more. She grabbed the gun, reversed it around and pushed Jessica away while aiming at her again.

 

“why don’t you want to come out with me tonight?” Jessica raised her hands in the air again.

 

“because it’s my job to capture you.”

 

The agent just described her objective to Taeyeon and knew that isn’t really an answer. “oh, come on now, I know that’s not how you really feel.” Jessica slowly started to inch her way towards her.

 

“it’s my job” she started to hesitate when she can see Jessica slowly make her way towards her. Her finger was dancing on the trigger whether to not shoot her. “stop”

 

Jessica swiftly grabbed the gun from her and points it at her again. “now, you’re really coming out with me. No objections.” She smiled.

 

Taeyeon didn’t deny her invitation anymore and made her way to the door. Jessica made Taeyeon walk out before her still keeping the gun aimed near her. They just made it down the two steps outside; they were nearly out of there.

 

“unnie?”

 

Jessica turned around and grabbed who ever it was and knocked her to the ground near Taeyeon. She kept the gun aimed at the person.

 

Taeyeon ran to the girl’s side. “Seohyun, you okay?

 

“yeah” she slowly got up and dust off her pants. “who was that?” she looked and can recognize the girl. She was about to scream for Sunny or Tiffany before Jessica pointed the gun at her shoulder.

 

“don’t say a word.” She put her index finger to her lips and motioned for them to move towards the direction of her car and both of the girls obeyed.

 

Jessica’s car was packed with three people who didn’t know what was going on. There was Yoona and Taeyeon’s friend in the back and Taeyeon sitting in the passenger seat with Jessica.

 

A girl took her eyes off of the road for a minute to ask Taeyeon something. “where do you want to go?”

 

Taeyeon kept quiet and crossed her arms looking out the window.

 

“I guess I’ll ask your friend in the back then.” She looked in the rear view mirror. “where do you want to go?”

 

“I want to go home”

 

Jessica just laughed. “well I know a place where we can go.” She pressed harder on the gas pedal exceeding the speed limits.

 

Everyone but Yoona braced themselves with Jessica’s fast driving. This is when Taeyeon started to pay more attention to the girl next to her. She saw this girl smiling with so much joy. Of course she was scared to hell by the way she’s driving, but she can see that this girl is going through life living it to the fullest.

 

After forty-five minutes of driving they finally pull up to what seems like an abandon building. Both of the agents were nervous as to why she brought them here. The youngest of the four finally spoke up. “are you…” she swallowed her saliva. “are you going to kill us?”

 

Jessica turns around to look at Seohyun she then looks at Yoona and they both start to laugh at her. Both Taeyeon and Seohyun are now extremely confused at this point. As the laugher of the two hyenas died down, Jessica saw that they were both looking at them like they were crazy. She chuckled a few more times and opened the door. “come on, let’s go inside.” Taeyeon sat there not saying anything to deny her invitation. Jessica just shrugged her shoulders and let Yoona out. “if you’re thinking you can leave once we’re inside, it will take you days to get back home without knowing the way.” She tapped her hand on the car. “so either you can stay in here bored out of your mind and wait until we get out to take you back home or you can come inside and have some fun and then I can take you back home, your choice.” She smiled and left inside.

 

Yoona smiled at the two of them. “if you decide to come in, just say you’re with J.J.” she knew what they were doing here once she saw the building and knows how strict this thing is that Jessica brought them to is. She followed Jessica and they both took a glance back.

 

“I don’t think she’s going to come in?”

 

Jessica just smiled and walked inside. “they’ll come in a moment.”

 

“Seohyun, do you know where we are?”

 

“no, I’ve never been this far in the outskirts of the city.” She looked into the pitch-blackness of her surroundings other than this abandon-looking factory. “she is right though, even if we did manage to leave and take her car, I wouldn’t know where to go.” Seohyun started to fidget in her seat.

 

“aish” Taeyeon hit the dashboard. “I guess we’ll wait.”

 

“…”

 

“Seohyun?” she looked back because Seohyun didn’t reply and can see that the maknae is looking very uncomfortable.

 

“unnie” she looked at her with defeated puppy dog eyes. “I’m sorry, but I need to use the restroom…”

 

Taeyeon pursed her lips and decided it couldn’t be helped. “all right, lets go inside and see if they have one.” Her and Seohyun got out of the car and walked inside and saw Jessica and Yoona standing by the bar.

 

Yoona saw them walk in and nudged Jessica’s arm and threw a look to the door. Jessica smiled seeing that she finally came inside. She walked up to them while Yoona followed. “so I guess you decided to have some fun tonight then?”

 

Taeyeon kept a straight face and kept her eyes on Seohyun. “can you tell her where the bathroom is?”

 

This girl is stubborn. Jessica smiled and turned to Yoona. “can you help her friend to the bathroom?” Yoona nodded and guided Seohyun through the sea of people leaving Jessica and Taeyeon alone. She went up to her ear to ask her something. “you want a drink?”

 

Taeyeon shot her a glare. “I would like to go home.”

 

Jessica rolls her eyes and grabs Taeyeon wrist walking up to the bar. “two jacks and cokes please.” She turned her attention to Taeyeon. “I hope that’s all right with you?”

 

Taeyeon just looked the other way.

 

Jessica got the drinks and made way to a table that was full of people. She walked up to them and gave them one look. They all knew who she was and they just disappeared leaving the area empty for the two. Jessica motioned for Taeyeon to sit and finally the girl did one thing she asked. She smiled and put their glasses on the table and sat next to the agent. She looked around thinking of a way to talk to her. “so…” her hands tapped the table not knowing how to start this. “I was wondering.” She fixed her body to face towards Taeyeon’s direction. “how did you guys know I was going to be meeting up at that French restaurant?”

 

Taeyeon looked at her and raised her brow. “is that why you kidnapped me just to ask that question?”

 

Jessica smiled and snickered. “no, I’m just curious because no one has been able to track me down for a few years, although a few did come close.”

 

Taeyeon muttered under her breath. “but you killed them.”

 

“excuse me?”

 

“you killed them.”

 

Jessica cracked up just like she did when Seohyun asked her if she was going to kill them. “geez!” she took a sip of her drink. “what do those agencies tell you about me?”

 

She sat there dumbfounded. “so wait?” she adjusted herself in her seat. “you didn’t kill them?”

 

“I’m not into killing.” She huffed and took another sip.

 

“then how come those agents never came back?”

 

“how am I suppose to know? I never met them.” She furrowed her brows now knowing that she has this label as a killer even though she could never even dream of doing something like that.

 

“what happened to the agent that tracked you in Russia?”

 

“I don’t know? Frostbite? I went there to spend some time in a cabin.” She nodded her head back and forth just the thought of it. “a very bad idea of mine to go there during the middle of winter.” She shivered just thinking about how cold it was.

 

“what about the agent that followed you into Brazil?”

 

“I don’t know yellow fever or malaria maybe? That’s why you should get your shots before entering a foreign country.”

 

Taeyeon had this girl all wrong, sure she robs banks, but this girl isn’t at all what she had imagined. “you really aren’t what I pictured when I heard all the stories about you.”

 

The girl is starting to finally open up to Jessica; she knows she making progress with her. “what stories do the agencies say of me?”

 

“that you’re a cold blooded killer, you don’t let anyone in your way, you’re very precise and clean, and basically that you have a heart of ice.” Taeyeon chuckled and let it slip out. “it’s so cold that you probably can’t love no one.”

 

That last thing that Taeyeon said really went over the line with Jessica. “I can’t love?” she took another sip letting that bittersweet drink go down before she spoke again. “I can’t love? your agencies are stupid to think I can’t love.”

 

Taeyeon saw that love was a touchy subject with her.

 

“I can love…” she said faintly. She was being reminded of her ex girlfriend. “I love you, but I’m not in love with you anymore…” she looked the opposite way so Taeyeon couldn’t see her defeated face.

 

Even though Taeyeon was putting up a strong front she can see that the girl next to her gave a lot of herself away just in those words and she was feeling bad. “if it makes you feel better, I just broke up with my boyfriend today…” she finally took a sip of the drink that Jessica got her.

 

That really caught her interest keeping her mind off of her ex. “why did you break up with him?”

 

She relaxed and gently swirled her drink. “I don’t know, I guess I just want something more.”

 

Jessica carefully picked her words. “was he a bad boyfriend?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled and looked up to smile. “no, he was a really caring boyfriend I have to admit.”

 

“then why would you break up with him even though he was caring?”

 

Taeyeon pondered trying to seek an answer to a question that she hasn’t really asked herself. “after nearly a year of being with him I just, I just…” it finally dawned on her. “I just felt like” she looked up and saw that Jessica was actually listening to her. “it’s not him that I’m suppose to be with” she shook her head. “I don’t know if that even makes sense”

 

Jessica just smiled. “no, no, it makes sense.” She scooted closer to Taeyeon. “so how long were you with him?”

 

“nearly a year. I cared for him, but I never could love him. I don’t know, I just stayed with him because, well, I guess to just be with him.” She nodded her head. “that sounds very selfish of me coming out from my own mouth.”

 

She smiled faintly at the girl. “it’s not, you have a right to want to be happy.”

 

Taeyeon let out a small laugh not buying the girls words.

 

Jessica slightly shoved Taeyeon’s arms and smiled. “it’s really not. I get it. They give 80 and you give 20.”

 

Taeyeon wasn’t getting what she was saying as numbers were put into the mix. “what?”

 

“you’ve never heard of this saying?” the girl shook her head no to her question. “okay, well it’s like they give 80% into the relationship when you only give 20%. You’re into the relationship but then again it’s just like you there just because” she didn’t know how to put this any other way. “well, you’re there, you know?”

 

Taeyeon just laughed at the girl’s explanation. “oddly, that made sense.”

 

----

 

“you want something to drink uh?” she didn’t know her name.

 

“it’s Seohyun”

 

Yoona can’t believe she’s treating this S.M. agent not as hostel as other agents. Oddly, she is pretty calm and mellow around her. “you want a drink Seohyun?”

 

“may I have a water?”

 

Yoona chuckled. “you don’t drink?”

 

“no,” she pull stands of her hair behind her ear. “not on the weekdays because I work in the field.”

 

She nodded, she can see this girl put focus on her work. “all right. Let’s go and get you a water.” After they got her her drink, they sat at a table opposite of Jessica and Taeyeon.

 

Seohyun was very curious because Jessica was getting a bit too comfortable with Taeyeon, inching closer and closer the more they talked. “excuse me if I’m wrong, but is your friend hitting on my friend?”

 

Yoona sipped her drink and nodded no, clearing . “you’re not wrong.”

 

She stared at Yoona for awhile before looking at the two getting cozy with one another. “I don’t think she swings that way?”

 

Yoona really laughed, even she can see that Taeyeon is into it a little bit. “I think you would be wrong and you don’t know your friend as well as you think.”

 

Seohyun gasped at Yoona statement. “I know her, and she’s not like that.”

 

Yoona put on troublesome smile. “all right, let’s make a bet then.” She brought out her wallet and took out a cool one hundred dollar bill. “I bet you one hundred dollars that she is.”

 

She was determined to prove her wrong. “you’re on”

 

----

 

“excuse me for asking more than I should, but what were you doing with that assassin?”

 

Jessica exhales violently and crossed her arms. “it was a blind date.”

 

Taeyeon almost spat out her drink and started to laugh. The other girl wasn’t too please with her laughing. “that was a date?”

 

Jessica faced forward in her seat and started to pout. “yes, it was horrible.”

 

“I didn’t know you liked girls.”

 

She just laughed. “why would you know?”

 

“because we have files on you and that’s not in your profile.”

 

“well now you know” Jessica smiled seductively and rested her arm on the booth seat near Taeyeon, hinting to her to why she brought her to this underground club.

 

She was getting a bit uncomfortable for her liking. “we should get going.”

 

Jessica thought she had at least grab her interest a little bit, but she was wrong. She adjusted herself in the booth and faced forward. “okay.”

 

Taeyeon hesitated to get up and looked at her again. “will I ever see you again?”
 

This made Jessica’s heart jump a little bit a that light of hope. “you want to see me again?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “I’m breaking a lot of rules being here with you.”

 

Jessica brushed off that since she already knew. “I know that.”

 

“but I really do want to see you again.” Taeyeon’s attention went to the girls soft red lips and bit hers a little.

 

Jessica saw what she was hinting at and slowly went in for the kill. Just as she had no more than an inch let to Taeyeon’s lips the same girl interrupts her making Taeyeon back away quick.

“Taeyeon! She was going to kiss you.” Seohyun stood there in shock. “and you almost let her!”

 

Taeyeon at this point was embarrassed she got up quickly and walked to Jessica’s car.

 

Jessica stood up and looked at Seohyun and gave her a death glare and went to go find Taeyeon.

 

“you owe me one hundred bucks.” Yoona stood and talked to her back.

 

Seohyun turned around and gave her her money and went outside to the car.

 

----

 

they finally made it back to the S.M. agents house. Once she parked Taeyeon jumped out immediately.

 

“taeyeon, wait.” Jessica grabbed her wrist and made her face her. “hold on, why are you wanting to leave?”

 

“this is wrong, this whole thing is wrong.” She pulled her wristed and walked away with Seohyun behind her.

 

Jessica stood there a bit heart broken and kicked the gravel as hard as she could. She covered her face with her hands and screamed out her frustration. After she calmed down she went back into the car and drove her and Yoona home.

 

“you all right?” Yoona asked her while they were walking inside.

 

“yeah” she exhaled disappointed.

 

“you’ll get another chance.” Yoona smiled to her. “I know you’re already thinking of a way to see her again”

 

she smiled, her friend knew her too well. “you got me.” She patted Yoona’s back. “go get some rest. Night.” She walked into her room and fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

hello! new update! i hope you enjoy it!

thank you for the upvotes, the subscribers, and the comments. i really like that you enjoy my fanfic! :D