Get Away

Can't Resist

“Hello fellas!” Yuri came through the building’s doors as loud as she can be.

 

All the guards didn’t anticipate the woman who walked through the doors to be dangerous, but they were still on the alert with her. They all kept their guns in the air pointing at her and their shooting fingers near their triggers.

 

“Ah, come on. I’m here on official business.” She didn’t feel threatened at all. She had so much confidence in herself that she could probably take all of them on.

 

One of the guards stood up and walked near her still keeping his distance. “What kind of business do you have here?”

 

Yuri took a gander at her nails and sees that she really needs a manicure. She placed her hand to her side and spoke casually to the guard. “Mr. Jung sent me.”

 

They all lowered their weapons and called upstairs for the young Ms. Jung. When Jessica came down all she could see was the girl from that one blind date with a plastered grin on her face.

 

“Hello Jessica. Looking good as always.” She smiled crooked while watching what she thought was an angel walking down the stairs.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked unhesitant and very impolite. After all, she had no interest in the girl on the first night they were introduced.

 

She just chuckled where she stood. “Oh, I’m doing splendid today, thank you.”

 

Jessica wasn’t having it this afternoon. “Cut to the chase. Why are you here and why did my father send you?”

 

“Down to the knitty gritty I see.” She came closer to the girl. “Can we speak some where we can discuss the matter?”

 

She rolled her eyes and nodded her head. “This way.”

 

She walked Yuri through this building that was more like a mansion. “Big place you got here.”

 

“Mhmm” she didn’t say anything else until they arrived at Jessica’s office. She guided her hand to the chair across from her desk for Yuri to sit. “What business do you have with my father?”
 

“I’m actually very new to your dad’s business. He just hired me recently after doing a simple job for him.”

 

“I don’t care about that. I care about why he sent you here?” she crossed her arms and tapped her index and middle finger because she was getting impatient with this woman.

 

“Well, basically he sent me here to see why you haven’t had any revenue coming from your side of the business.”

 

She uncrossed her arms and sat properly in her swiveling chair. “And he couldn’t have asked me this himself over the phone?”

 

Yuri opened about to saying something in response, but then she asked that question to herself too. It didn’t make any sense, but since she can see Jessica again she doesn’t mind. “I guess he could have just done that.” She thought more to herself and spoke, “but then again, if he did then I wouldn’t have been able to see the beautiful you.”

 

Jessica scoffed at this girl trying to be smooth with her words. “Well tell him that I’m staying under the radar for awhile.” She thought about Taeyeon and their promise. “Agents have been trying to pursue me and I’m waiting for the heat to die down since my last big job at that bank.”

 

Yuri smiled. “I heard about that. Nearly 1.6 million in dollars and diamonds were reported stolen.”

 

“Yeah, so it will be awhile before authorities start to back off.”

 

“I see.” She pulled out her phone and dialed Mr. Jung. “Hello?...ah, yes. I’m here with her right now…” she looked at Jessica and saw her facial expressions still weren’t happy. “She isn’t too pleased that you sent me here…haha. Yeah, hold on.” She handed the phone to Jessica. “He wants to talk to you.”

 

Jessica took her phone and placed it on her ear. “Yes?”

 

“Not even a ‘hello’ for your old man?”

 

“Not when you send someone like her.” She looked at Yuri annoyed.

 

“What can I say, I’m a busy man.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” She sighed.

 

He laughed and cleared his throat and got serious. “So why isn’t it you haven’t made any profit?”

 

“Like I told your little puppy here, the heat is too much since my last job and I’m waiting for it to die down.”

 

“Ah…well that’s never stopped you before. Why now?”

 

Jessica played it cool like ice. “Because every agency knows I’m back in town and that last job was a big one. Kind of hard not to play it safe don’t you think?”

 

He sighed on the other side. “I guess I see your point.”

 

“I don’t see why your complaining and sending one of your monkeys,” she glanced at Yuri “since that last job I did covers us for a half a year.”

 

He laughed at his daughter’s bluntness. “Ah, I’m sorry darling, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do small jobs until then.”

 

She sighed harshly. “I’m a big blimp on their radar and I’m not trying to get caught now unless you want your eldest daughter to end up in prison for a life of crime.”

 

“If you go to prison then your sister will take over.”

 

She gritted her teeth hearing him say that to her. “No, she won’t. She doesn’t need red in her file. She has a clean slate and it will stay that way as long as I’m here.”

 

“Then don’t get caught.” He cleared his throat for the last time. “Do a small smuggling job for me and you can take a few months off until the heat cools down.”

 

She bit her bottom lip and looked at Yuri who was waiting for them to finish talking business. “Fine, send the details to Yoona.”

 

“Will do. Love you.”

 

She didn’t even feel like saying those words to her father and said a short reply to him. “You too.” And she hung up and threw the phone to Yuri. “There. You can leave now.”

 

She put her phone in her pocket and didn’t get up from her seat. “Why you want me gone so soon? It’s been awhile since I’ve seen you.”

 

“Because I have no interest in you.”

 

“None?” she raised her eyebrow.

 

None.” She clarified to the woman and called on of her guards into her office. “Can you please her to her car?”

 

Yuri got out of the seat and walked up to Jessica stopping in front of her. “Well I hope I’ll see you again soon miss Jessica Jung.” She gently grabbed Jessica’s hand and landed a tender kiss on the back of her hand.

 

Jessica scrunched up her nose in disgust and withdrew her hand from the woman’s grasp.

 

“Bye” she walked out with the guard with a toothy grin.

 

Once the lady walked out of the room Yoona came standing next beside her. “Your father’s people just messaged me about a job that we’re supposedly doing?”

 

“Yeah” she said lifelessly as she walked back to her chair and took a seat. “Apparently, the last job we did wasn’t big enough for the books.”

 

“What?” she said confused. “That was our biggest job since we’ve been back?”

 

“That’s what I told my father too, but he told me to this one small job and I’ll be able to kick back for a few months.”

 

Yoona had a glum look on her face and didn’t want to even mention this to Jessica, but she knew she had to. “Well this job isn’t that small as your father said.”

 

Her attention went immediately to Yoona. “What?”

 

She her lips ready to say what they really want Jessica to do. “It isn’t that small. It would be a small job if we were just bringing in a couple of crates, but these smuggled goods are in the truck loads.”

 

“Are you ing serious?”

 

Yoona just nodded her head.

 

“…” she sighed. “What are in the shipments?”

 

“Guns and ammunition.”

 

Jessica rubbed her temples. “At least it’s not that bad. When are they coming in?”

 

“In two days.”

 

“Where?”

 

“At the ports of Incheon.”

 

“Ah, .” She got up and went to the building’s intercom to notify her crew. “Everyone meet up in the lounge area.” She looked at Yoona. “I’m going to have to plan it today since we don’t have much time.”

 

Yoona looked to the floor and back at Jessica. “What are you going to tell Taeyeon?”

 

Jessica has been thinking of that since her father put these demands in. “I don’t know? If I tell her she’ll be mad that I will be breaking our promise. If I don’t tell her she’ll be mad and her agency would be on our tails.” She felt like pulling out her hair due to frustration. “But I think it would be best if I just tell her the truth about this situation…”

 

“Yeah” Yoona agreed. “You want me to get the crew started on doing our next job while you talk to her?”

 

“Yes, thank you” she walked back to her desk while Yoona went to inform the crew. She took out her phone and stared at Taeyeon’s number for a moment. She was nervous to press that call button knowing how the situation might strain their growing relationship. She closed her eyes and pressed the call button. It rang for a few seconds before a voice answered.

 

“Hello?”

 

Jessica’s lips immediately grew a smile. “Hey.”

 

“What’s up?”

 

She didn’t respond.

 

“Hello? You still there?”

 

“Yeah, I’m still here.”

 

“Then talk. It’s not everyday that you call while I’m at work?”

 

“Oh god, am I interrupting?”

 

The girl laughed. “No, just going over this girl whose name is J.J. We’re reading her files.”

 

Jessica laughed at Taeyeon blatantly talking about her case. “Ah, I hear she’s a real bad girl.”

 

“Yes, she is indeed. She needs a real spanking.” She giggled

 

Even though Taeyeon couldn’t see Jessica, the girl’s face went red. “I don’t think that would be punishment for her. She probably sees something like that as .”

 

Taeyeon let out a deep breath not thinking she would say something like that. “Oh, um…”

 

“Oh? Did I leave you speechless?” she heard the other girl clear leaving a smile on her face.

 

“No…” she cleared it one more time. “What did you call for? Just to hear my voice?”

 

“That and I need to tell you something?”

 

“What?”

 

“Look, can you just listen to me real quick? No judgment or nothing?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Jessica could hear that uncertainty in her voice. She took a deep breath and told Taeyeon what she has to do. “I have to break out promise for a small thing…”

 

“…”

 

“I really have no say in the matter, but I have to do it or else I’ll be in trouble with my father.”

 

“I thought we had an agreement?”

 

“I know and it that I have to do this, but it will keep him and his people off of my back for a couple of months.”

 

“Is it putting people in danger?”

 

“No, it’s just a pick up and dro-”

 

“Don’t tell me anymore… I don’t want to know the details.”

 

Jessica heard the tone in Taeyeon’s voice change. She sounded like she was disappointed. “I’m sorry, but I have to. I have no choice but to do it.”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “I know, but still I don’t like it.”

 

“I don’t either, but he sent one of his people to my place and asked why no profit has been coming from my side.” She exhaled. “Even though I am my father’s daughter, it doesn’t mean I can’t refuse anything he tells me to do because I will have to for it pay later if I don’t.”

 

“Okay, but I want you to be careful. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

 

Jessica smiled. “I will be…”

 

“I mean it. Be careful.”

 

“I promise.” A rosy cheeky smirked appeared on her face

 

She slightly giggled. “Well, I better get back inside the office or they will be asking what I’m doing out here. Bye Jessica.”

 

“Bye…” Jessica ended the call and stayed seated in her chair. “Ah, why did I come into this family?” she stared at the ceiling going over a scenario of her not being in this family. She pictured herself as a regular college student trying to stay on top of her school work getting stressed going out with friends and just being a regular person enjoying the hardships of a regular life.

 

She gave a pathetic chuckle. “What I wanted is now a reality that will never come true.” She thought for a moment again about that life she wanted. If I did live in that life, would I have still met Taeyeon? She laughed again just at the memory of their first encounter. “Probably not.” She got up from her seat and went to plan her next job.

 

----

 

Jessica was overseeing her crew load the goods into the truck while Yoona was standing beside her. “Tonight’s job has gone on without a hitch.”

 

Jessica checked her wristwatch. “We’re actually ahead of schedule.” She looked at her surroundings making sure nothing out of the ordinary pops out. She turned her attention to Yoona “how many more of the goods is left to be loaded?”

 

Yoona spoke into her earpiece to her other crewmembers. “How much is left that isn’t loaded?” she had a stern look on her face. “I see. Keep it up.” She face Jessica “only one truck left.”

 

“Good, good.” She sighed deeply. “The things I do for this so-called family.”

 

“We can’t help it. Both you and I know we can’t really do anything about the family we were born into.” She clicked her tongue and let out a very small chuckle. “But then again our life wouldn’t be this exciting.”

 

Jessica laughed at her best friend. “You’re right, it is a bit exciting doing these kinds of things.”

 

A security guard at the docks interrupted their friendly chat. “PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!”

 

Both of the girls turned around and saw a middle age man pointing a glock straight at them.

 

“HANDS UP LADIES! I’M NOT GOING TO ASK YOU AGAIN!”

 

Both of them slowly raised both of their arms in the air.

 

The security guard talked into his radio that was attached to his left shoulder. “I got two suspicious females at the loading docks.”

 

Jessica quietly whispered to Yoona. “Tell the crew we got a situation.”

 

Yoona nodded and spoke as loud as she could into her mic to warn the crew, but not loud enough for the security guard to know what she was doing. “The sergeant and corporal are stuck up in a situation. I repeat. Sergeant and corporal are in a situation.”

 

“YOU, WHY ARE YOU MOVING YOUR MOUTH!” he pointed his gun at Yoona.

 

“Well sir, if you must know I am talking to the voices in my head.”

 

He was confused. “What?”

 

“These voice you see, they don’t like that you pointed a gun at me and my friend here.”

 

He huffed air out of his mouth thinking this girl is crazy. “I don’t care. Keep your mouth shut!

 

Jessica chimed in this time. “You don’t have to keep that gun pointed at us because we’re cooperating. We were just two girls here out on a nightly stroll.” She smiled just having fun lying to this man.

 

“A stroll in the middle of the night, at the port?” he laughed thinking how stupid they might believe he is. “You think I was born yesterday?”

 

“No, but wouldn’t you hurt us two girls?” she saw one of her crewmembers Yongsun creep up behind the security guard. She wanted to keep him busy. “I mean come on, we’re not doing anything”

 

“If you’re here around this time then you two are definitely up to something.”

 

Yoona whispered to Jessica. “The trucks are loaded. We’re golden to go.”

 

“I told you to keep your mouth shut! And that goes for you too!”

 

“Can’t we just have a little small talk and wait for your other buddies to come to join this party?”

 

“Shut up! This is your final warning.”

 

Jessica smiled at Yongsun who was nearly close to the security guard to take him out from behind. Just as he was inching closer to the man the other guards came.

 

“BEHIND YOU!” they drew their guns and aimed and fired.

 

Jessica felt a stinging pain coming from her abdomen. “Yoona…” she called as she lifted her hand from her stomach and saw red covering her palm.

 

“Jessica!” Yoona quickly went to her and brought her to a place where they’re covered from the roaming bullets in the air. “Yongsun!” she called over for him to follow.

 

He turned his head and saw that a bullet struck his boss. “Miss Jung!” he gave his gun to Yoona. “I got her. Cover us to your car. Sorry miss Jung, I have to pick you up. Just keep pressure on the wound okay?”

 

Jessica painfully giggled at Yongsun. “Got it.”

 

He lifted her up and carried her in his arms. “Is it okay to move Yoona?”

 

“When I say “three” move towards the car. 1, 2, 3! ” Yoona peaked through the corner raised her arm and started shooting back.

 

The security guards covered behind crates and barrels not wanting to get hit by her furious bullets. They started running to the car and thankfully more of their crewmembers show up and covered them even more.

 

Yongsun placed her in the seat and buckled her up in her seat belt while Yoona got into the drivers seat. “We got things covered here. Take her quickly back to the warehouse.” He took off is black shirt and placed it over Jessica’s wound. “Keep pressure on here boss.”

 

“Will do Yongsun.” She smiled at him. She still couldn’t believe what an amazing crew she has. They’re all worried for her wellbeing.

 

He spoke to Yoona before they left. “The trucks are on their way to one of her father’s warehouses.” He closed the door and join back in the bullets that were being exchanged on both sides.

 

Yoona took off driving faster than she usually does. She grabbed her phone and dial a number. “Hey, meet me at the main warehouse. Bring your equipment, some IVs, and a few pints of blood B…it’s Jessica...I don’t have time to explain because I’m driving. Just hurry.” She hung up the phone and kept driving. “Jessica?” she called to her friend.

 

“Yeah?” she said weakly.

 

“Just try to stay awake okay? We’re almost there. We’re almost there.” She was trying to stay calm because a situation like this has never happened before. Their jobs are usually clean as a whistle.

 

“Did you call her?”

 

“Yeah, she’s meeting us at the warehouse.”

 

“Don’t tell Taeyeon about this okay?” she winced from the sharp pain. “I promised her I would be careful…”

 

Yoona didn’t say anything back and kept driving to Jessica’s warehouse so they could patch her up.

 

 

 

hello beautifuls! sorry for the long wait! but things have been stressful and a roller coaster past month for me. i just realize that some people are just full of hatred and want nothing nice to happen to you even though i have done nothing to wrong them. it's a sad reality and one i would not wish onto others. people have their own stuff going on. we don't know the struggle they are facing. so please, be kind to one another. peace, love, and happiness is what everyone needs in their lives. be kind to one another :)

thank you all for your support on this fic. i really appreciate the comments you leave and i hope to keep you interested in this story long enough to see it through the end! :) have a good a safe week everyone! :D