This One Night

Can't Resist

Jessica sat in her main office room thinking of another way to meet the S.M. agent again. She knew she couldn’t pull another job because she thought that if she did, they would try to take her in. “Yoona!”

 

Her best friend came into the office and took the other chair in the room. “What is it?”

 

She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. “I don’t know what to do next. That night we took her out made me lose a bit of confidence.” She put her elbow on the top of the table and rested her head in her palm. “…I don’t know what to do Yoona.”

 

“We can do another job and she’ll meet us there and then bam! You can see her!”

 

“Already thought about that, but I don’t think we’ll be as lucky as last time.” She sighed.

 

Yoona looked at Jessica and saw that her face has frustration written all over it. She’s never seen Jessica this determined and this focused on a girl before. Her previous girlfriend was the one who pursued Jessica so this is totally different and the other girls that came before that weren’t really anything serious to her friend. She knew Jessica has moved on and this agent was a good thing for her even though she herself doesn’t trust the agent with Jessica. “So no ideas?”

 

“No” she slowly slid her head down and rested it on the table’s cool surface.

 

Yoona got up and hugged her friend “I’ll think of something so don’t worry your pretty little head okay?” she messed up her hair up a bit.

 

Jessica slapped her hand away and laughed. “Really?”

 

Yoona grinned. “Really.” She walked to the to the doorway and looked at her again. “Just stay here and chill for a bit and let me work my magic okay?”

 

----

 

Seohyun was walking with folders for the case and reading the main points of the contents of the folder before she gives it to her squad.

 

“You know you should watch where you walk, you never know that’s going to be in front of you.”

 

Seohyun looked to the side and saw the girl from that night resting on the wall with one foot planted on the floor and the other on the wall. She thought to herself that this girl is very daring coming to the agency knowing her criminal acts with J.J. “how did you get in?”

 

“Not really important right now” she adjusted her sunglasses. “How is she since that night?”

 

Seohyun place her back on the wall next to Yoona and let out a sigh. “She’s still that same, but something is off…”

 

“Oh…” she cleared . “Well my friend is probably the same state as yours is right now.”

 

“She is?”

 

“Yeah” she looked straight into the cloudless blue skies. “Can I ask you to do something for me?”

 

“I-”

 

Yoona cut her off before she said what she thought she would. “It isn’t anything illegal, well it kind of is but it isn’t anything big

 

“I’m an agent, I can’t.”

 

“I’m not talking about arms dealing, stealing, or smuggling or anything related to those. I’m just wondering if you could get your friend to talk to my friend. Just for a bit.”

 

Seohyun thought to herself in her head if she could trust this girl. “I don’t know, I mean both of you are criminals.”

 

Yoona stifled her laugh. “Look, if you don’t trust me then come with her, but only you.”

 

She was still debating in her head.

 

“J.J. is losing sleep over your friend okay? I know you probably don’t care about her in the way I do, but she’s my friend and I think she just needs to talk to her.” Seohyun just stared at the girl. “Please, just do it and let them talk and they can probably settle this and you probably won’t see us again if they don’t have an understanding.”

 

She shook her head slightly; she couldn’t believe she was going to be doing this. “I’ll see what I can do. Just tell me where to go.”

 

Yoona smiled. “There is a house on XXXX and XXXX, it’s house 2220. Be there around 11 tonight.” She pushed herself off the wall and smiled at Seohyun. “Thanks, I’ll see you tonight.”

 

The agent watched her walk out. “What am I doing?” she was going to continue to read what was in the folder, but the girls words echoed in her head. ‘You never know what’s going to be in front of you.’ She stopped and skimmed the main parts before walking again to meet with her squad in their investigation room.

 

“It’s odd you being this late.” Sunny looked at her when she walked into the door.

 

“Uh, I bumped into some body when I was going over these folders walking here” she handed each of them one, but when it came to giving Taeyeon one the girl didn’t take it. “Taeyeon unnie” she called out.

 

Taeyeon took herself out of her thoughts when she heard the maknae’s voice. “Oh, sorry” she took it out of her hands. “What are in these folders?”

 

“All of crimes that J.J. has committed.”

 

“We know all of this Seohyun.” Tiffany just threw the folder on the table. “We know she killed those agents, we know she robbed all of the banks, what else is there to know?”

 

Taeyeon was about to speak and defend Jessica because she knew the truth about the agents, but she kept shut or else Tiffany and Sunny would find out she hung out with their target.

 

“We’re trying to find patterns to catch her Tiffany. We have to go over these files again and again until we get her.” Sunny spoke up.

 

Seohyun watched Taeyeon while Tiffany and Sunny were discussing the case. She knew the girl was deep in her thoughts about the criminal. Does she really like girls and does she actually like J.J.?

 

----

 

After their day at the agency/academy was over they finally came back home. All of them were getting ready for bed. Seohyun thought this would be the time to take Taeyeon to go meet up with J.J. She went up to her leader’s room and knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.”

 

“Hey unnie.”

 

“Hey Seohyun.” She looked at the maknae and saw that she wasn’t ready for bed because she was wearing her casual clothes. “Where are you going?”

 

“Ca-” she stopped herself. “Can you come out and take a breather with me for a bit?”

 

The leader looked at the time. “It’s almost 10:30 Seohyun.”

 

“I know, I just need to talk with someone…” she lowered her head looking at the floor. “Just please, will you come with me?”

 

She sighed and couldn’t deny the maknae’s request. “Fine, let me get changed.”

 

“I’ll be in the car.”

 

----

 

“Are you sure she’s going to come?” Jessica nervously pace back and forth on the kitchen tiles taking a look at the time every once in awhile. It was already 11 and the agents were not here.

 

“I’m hoping she does” she gave Jessica a faint smile. She didn’t even know if the agents were going to be coming herself. She knew that Jessica was going to be hurt if she didn’t come and she obviously doesn’t like to see her best friend like that.

 

Just when they were starting to lose hope, they heard a knock at the door. Both of the jumped from being startled and looked at each other. “Jessica, go into the room.” Jessica obeyed Yoona and quickly went while the other girl went to open the door. She saw Seohyun with Taeyeon beside her and the older agent was about to walk away when she saw who had opened the door.

 

Yoona grabbed her wrist to stop her. “Look, I know I’m sorry for having to do this this way, but if you could please just talk to Jessica.” Taeyeon tried to get her arm back but Yoona didn’t let go. “Just talk to her for a bit.” She and Taeyeon had an eye staring contest before Taeyeon decided to give in. A smile formed on her face. “She’s upstairs, the first room on your left. Me and Seohyun will be down here.”

 

When the agent finally walked upstairs, the older girl of the two plopped herself on the couch letting out a sigh of relief. “I thought you two weren’t going to come.”

 

Seohyun sat down right next to her. “I have my ways with our leader.” She looked at her surroundings. “So is this your main hideout? Kind of ballsy to bring agents here.”

 

Yoona chuckled. “Nope, one of the many hideouts and safe houses we have. So don’t go getting your hopes up if you try to take us down.”

 

----

 

The girl stood outside the door hesitating to knock. She put her hand down and just walked in and saw Jessica turn around and smile. She closed the door and kept a distance from her. “what did you ask me here for?”

 

Jessica had a shy smile fixed on her face. “I just want to talk to you because well…” she looked away because if she looked at Taeyeon while she said it the words would never come out of . “I can’t stop thinking of…you…”

 

The agent was taken back by the girl’s words because she didn’t know how to respond. She looked down to the floor at her feet and denied that she couldn’t stop thinking of her either. She then finally raises her head up and spoke. “I think you have the wrong idea of me. I’m not that way.”

 

Jessica’s smile faded slowly and couldn’t help that her words sounded disappointed. “Really?”

 

“Yeah, I’ve had nothing but boyfriends and my last relationship was with a guy. I just don’t like girls like you do.”

 

“Ah” Jessica really tried to put on a smile to hide her hurt feelings of getting shot down by this girl.

 

“But I’m flattered, I really am.”

 

She cleared and walked up to Taeyeon. “I’m sorry, I had the wrong idea. I just,” She shook her head and decided to spill it. “I just haven’t liked anyone like this in a very long time and” she paused because her voice was about to break. “Again, I’m sorry I got the wrong idea of you.” she went and kissed the side of her cheek getting ready to depart.

 

Taeyeon stood there and the reaction she felt when Jessica kissed her was ing electric making the sensation go through her whole body. She was on cloud 9 even though it was only on her cheek.

 

“I guess I’ll see you when I’m working.” Jessica gave her one last smile before she started to walk out.

 

Taeyeon took a remarkably deep breath and let her heart take the reigns. She grabbed the girl’s wrist and they were face to face. They stared at each other for a brief moment. Jessica smiled and went in slowly to the girl’s lips. Now, both of them felt the surge of electricity flow rapidly through every part of their bodies when their lips finally met.

 

Taeyeon felt that doubt and confusion of her was just her being scared of going out of her comfort zone. This girl broke through that barrier and realized that this was that ‘something more’ than what she had with her previous boyfriends and that this kiss was different, way different.

 

They parted from each other both letting out a huge breath because to them it was indeed breath taking. They stared at each other having embarrassed smiles with rosy cheeks letting out awkward chuckles.

 

Jessica grabbed her hands and held them. “I really do like you Taeyeon, like really like you.”

 

She bit her lip. “I think I like you too.” She shook her head. “I-I-I-I don’t know? This is very very new to me Jessica.”

 

She kept holding her hands and wants to reassure her. “I know it is, but we can just take things slow Taeyeon as slow as you want.”

 

“I’m also kind of scared.” She lowered her head down she knew what she was doing was wrong. Not wrong because she’s a girl. It’s wrong because this now conflicts with her job.

 

“You don’t need to be scare Taeyeon, you don’t need to be scared of anything.”

 

She shook her head ‘yes’ for few seconds before speaking. “I am scared Jessica because it’s my job to take you down for good and my team is working it, all the agencies are working on it.”

 

“I know I know they are.” She let go of her hands and crossed her arms trying to think of something to say. “We can keep this on the DL (down low) and I’ll do the same.”

 

“What are you saying?”

 

“I’ll be under the radar for awhile, I won’t do anything.”

 

“You won’t rob banks?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Taeyeon smiled. “Really? You’ll do that?”

 

Jessica returned a smile. “Yeah, I’ll do it.” She chuckled. “I’m actually set for about fifty years.”

 

Taeyeon laughed. “Okay.” Another thing was on her mind. “When will I see you because we have to do it secretly?”

 

“I know we have to, but this can be our meeting spot.”

 

“This house? Your “lair”?”

 

“Yes, this house and my secret lair.” She turned around and went to the shelf and grabbed something out of a black box. “This is for you”

 

When she put it in Taeyeon’s hands, the girl looked at it and it was a phone.

 

“My number is in there and if you want to meet up, just call me on that.”

 

----

 

“Job is done. Anything else Mr. Jung?” as she stood their counting the money she got for the job.

 

“You can call me Fredrick or Fred for short.” He smiled. “Can I ask you something Yuri?”

 

“Yes sir, you can ask me anything.”

 

“Come to my office.” He sat down at his desk and motioned Yuri to close the door and have a seat.

 

When Yuri sat down, a picture frame with a very familiar face gained her interest.

 

“How would you like to work for me?”

 

Yuri sat there and pondered. “I’m a freelancer.”

 

“I know that, but you have a lot more potential than a freelance assassin.”

 

“But it’s what I do best.”

 

“And that’s why I hired you because I heard the Shadow Assassin was the best of the best.” He smiled. “I can see that you can exceed more than a freelancer. You can help me with deals. Heck, you can even have your own crew to train and do my dirty work for me and my business.”

 

She glanced at the frame seeing her face again. “I’ll do it.”

 

 

 

 

hello readers! i hope you all had an awesome new years because i sure did! haha. well i was hungover when i was writing this yesterday and i finished it up today. i hope i'm not rushing in this chapter, but i hope you like this update. i hope your new year started out with a bang!

thank you all for comments, upvotes, and for subscribing to this story! :)